Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Also have a lot of questions for Carlisle. Why did he not call a timeout there? why was Nembhard inbounding the ball and not Haliburton? why didn't Siakam foul Brown?
    Siakam closed late, looks like he was about to try and foul but got out of the way as Brown went up for the shot.

Comment

Nembhard is a killer. We could've had him but this management for some stupid reason decided to trade down.
      The stupid reason was to give your boys Fred and Nurse some veteran depth for the stretch run. Management definitely wanted Nembhard and I think they were surprised/pissed when he was off the board.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Siakam closed late, looks like he was about to try and foul but got out of the way as Brown went up for the shot.
        Carlisle has opted not to foul in these situations. It has cost them every time in the playoffs. And this one cost them any chance at beating Boston. Stubborn fuck.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Carlisle has opted not to foul in these situations. It has cost them every time in the playoffs. And this one cost them any chance at beating Boston. Stubborn fuck.
          while that's true, i believe siakam said carlisle's instruction was to foul there if they could, but siakam went under a screen and closed late and brown was already rising up so he didn't want to put him on the line

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The stupid reason was to give your boys Fred and Nurse some veteran depth for the stretch run. Management definitely wanted Nembhard and I think they were surprised/pissed when he was off the board.
            You were in the room when they made the call?

Impressive how you turn everything about Nick Nurse.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

They did foul against the Bulls in the regular season. DeMar hit the first free throw. Intentionally missed the second but got the ball back. And then hit the game tying bucket. They then went to OT and won.

So either way they've been burnt before being up by 3 in the clutch.

Comment

• Koloko > Nembhard.

Problem is Christian got blood clots and nobody saw that coming. Still hate the Thad trade. Because he was the wrong guy to get (we already had guys at his position and he was old as hell). But not upset with the pick. I like the idea of Koloko more than anyone taken after 20 that year. Even Kessler.

It just sucks that he got sick. We used some black voodoo magic to win the chip in 2019. And are still paying the price all these years later.

Comment

Middleton burned them when they didn't foul in the first round. The way it played out, it just looked like Pascal tried to foul but hesitated when Brown pump faked and as he went up for the shot and Pascal tried to avoid fouling by putting his hands behind his back.

It sucks getting burned even when you try to foul. Pascal could have contested it so much better and Brown would have had a much more difficult shot to make.

Comment

• Don't know if this was mentioned. From ESPN:

There was a historic level of offense. The two teams combined for 261 points, the highest-scoring game so far this postseason and the most combined points in a conference finals game since 1987.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Koloko > Nembhard.

Problem is Christian got blood clots and nobody saw that coming. Still hate the Thad trade. Because he was the wrong guy to get (we already had guys at his position and he was old as hell). But not upset with the pick. I like the idea of Koloko more than anyone taken after 20 that year. Even Kessler.

It just sucks that he got sick. We used some black voodoo magic to win the chip in 2019. And are still paying the price all these years later.
                      Wait was that really the issue with Koloko? blood clots? I thought it was concussion or something. Speaking of blood clots I just saw the news the other day about a Canucks player who got blood clots. Scary stuff.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I look at the Eastern Conference Finals .. Spicey P Nesmith Turner Nemhard and Haliburton is the starting line up to for one of the
                        teams .

Last years play in Raptor roster was Fred , Barnes , OG , Spicey P and Poeltl .. Don't know how that Pacers roster is doing it ? Defensively that match up is even close . But I guess defense can take you so far and you require a productive offense these days .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                          I look at the Eastern Conference Finals .. Spicey P Nesmith Turner Nemhard and Haliburton is the starting line up to for one of the
                          teams .

Last years play in Raptor roster was Fred , Barnes , OG , Spicey P and Poeltl .. Don't know how that Pacers roster is doing it ? Defensively that match up is even close . But I guess defense can take you so far and you require a productive offense these days .
                          Round one was without Giannis, and Dame for 2 games. It went 6 games.

Round two was against the Knicks with 7-8 guys injured. It went 7 games.

Lots of luck with these Pacers.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                            I look at the Eastern Conference Finals .. Spicey P Nesmith Turner Nemhard and Haliburton is the starting line up to for one of the
                            teams .

One of the best offenses of all time and I guess little to no issues behind the scene. Haliburton seems fun to play with. He is always smiling and having fun. They were a 47 win team. With Pascal for a full season, they'll probably be over 50 wins.

Comment

Wait was that really the issue with Koloko? blood clots? I thought it was concussion or something. Speaking of blood clots I just saw the news the other day about a Canucks player who got blood clots. Scary stuff.
                              Blood clots ended Chris Bosh career.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• ESPN also has an article about how the 4 CF teams were built. Their rotations consist of only 6 players combined signed as Free Agents and 2 of those were UDFA's (Hauser and Reid). The most expensive FA signing on any of those teams was the 2 yrs/18 million the TWolves gave Kyle Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                                X