Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    The Thunder just keeps making dumb mistakes after dumb mistakes. You can't keep giving teams second chance points.
    And that foul by SGA was clearly a foul, why challenge it?
    Lively and Gafford are just really good offensive rebounders. Physical and athletic.

Comment

• Thunder clearly needs a C. You can't have a guy who's built like a chopstick play C. 3 rebounds in 35 mins is pathetic.

If you're the Raps why not offer Poeltl for their 12th pick?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• OKC gotta follow Dallas lead. And fill every other player on the roster with players that suit SGA. To many non shooters and Chet solid for a rookie but don't know if he will ever be a top 3 guy on a championship roster
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          OKC gotta follow Dallas lead. And fill every other player on the roster with players that suit SGA. To many non shooters and Chet solid for a rookie but don't know if he will ever be a top 3 guy on a championship roster
          Chet is overrated. He's an athletic stretch 4 who can block shots. That's all he is.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chet is overrated. He's an athletic stretch 4 who can block shots. That's all he is.
            I mean ... that's a pretty great combination of traits ... which has traditionally been known as "Unicorn" for quite some time in the NBA ...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I mean ... that's a pretty great combination of traits ... which has traditionally been known as "Unicorn" for quite some time in the NBA ...
              Just because thats what's they say doesn't mean it's true. You think Porzingis is a unicorn? if he's a unicorn then every stretch 4 is a unicorn. Bargnani a unicorn?

The REAL unicorn is Jokic.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'll go against the grain here and pick the TWolves over the Nuggets in 7. If anyone can give them a run its them.

Mavs and OKC is tough to call, but Mavs been real good lately, and OKC gotta show their youth at some point, so I'll go Mavs in 6.

Knicks beat the Pacers in 6.

Boston beats Magic/CLE in 5.
                So far got both of these ones spot on. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Could be total of 1 game off across 4 series. That ain't bad!

Comment

Just because thats what's they say doesn't mean it's true. You think Porzingis is a unicorn? if he's a unicorn then every stretch 4 is a unicorn. Bargnani a unicorn?

Bargnani wasn't athletic, couldn't/wouldn't rebound, and didn't play a ton of defense, so no .. that does not count.

And pre-injury KP? Yes. Hell yes.

Jokic also possesses a very rare combination of traits, you are correct.

All of these statements can be true.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    OKC gotta follow Dallas lead. And fill every other player on the roster with players that suit SGA. To many non shooters and Chet solid for a rookie but don't know if he will ever be a top 3 guy on a championship roster
                    Let's see if Presti is too in love with draft picks and his young guys
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Bargnani wasn't athletic, couldn't/wouldn't rebound, and didn't play a ton of defense, so no .. that does not count.

And pre-injury KP? Yes. Hell yes.

Jokic also possesses a very rare combination of traits, you are correct.

All of these statements can be true.
                      Is Markkanen a unicorn Joey? no. But if the Knicks drafted him, the media would probably labeled him as one.

Btw, Markkanen > Chet. This is not a debate. Markkanen can do a lot more than shoot and block shots.

If Chris Boucher has a brain, then he's Chet Holmgren. That's not a unicorn.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

OK, so Jokic is the REAL unicorn.

But Holmgen's a lot better than you make him seem.
                        Only Wemby blocked more shots than Holmgren's 190. Bargs at the same age blocked 53. And the last rookie to block more than 190? Tim Duncan.

And this :
                        His 8.6 field goal attempts defended at the rim per game this season, per NBA.com/Stats tracking data, were third-most behind the Philadelphia 76ers’ Joel Embiid and the Milwaukee Bucks’ Brook Lopez. On those attempts, Holmgren held opponents to 52.4 percent, the second lowest among the top-10 rim protectors by volume.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Is Markkanen a unicorn Joey? no. But if the Knicks drafted him, the media would probably labeled him as one.

Btw, Markkanen > Chet. This is not a debate. Markkanen can do a lot more than shoot and block shots.

If Chris Boucher has a brain, then he's Chet Holmgren. That's not a unicorn.
                          Markkanen hasn't averaged over .6 BPG ever in his career. Chet averages 4x as many blocks as Lauri ever has, as a Rookie. So no, still doesn't count.

And Chris Boucher is 6'9", and also just not really that "unique" or "rare". So also doesn't qualify.

You'll get it eventually though, keep trying. I think you'll find the whole point of the nickname is marked by how rare these individuals are .. literally in the name ...

Comment

Thunder clearly needs a C. You can't have a guy who's built like a chopstick play C. 3 rebounds in 35 mins is pathetic.

If you're the Raps why not offer Poeltl for their 12th pick?
                            Or they can sign free agent JV.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Markkanen hasn't averaged over .6 BPG ever in his career. Chet averages 4x as many blocks as Lauri ever has, as a Rookie. So no, still doesn't count.

And Chris Boucher is 6'9", and also just not really that "unique" or "rare". So also doesn't qualify.

You'll get it eventually though, keep trying. I think you'll find the whole point of the nickname is marked by how rare these individuals are .. literally in the name ...
                              Sorry Joey but I got my own opinion. I don't get influenced by the media that easily. Just because the media calls Porzingis a unicorn doesn't mean he's one.

A stretch 4 who can block shots is nothing special. And just because you can block shots doesn't mean you're a great defender either. Is Chet a good defender? he got dominated by the Mavs energy bigs in this series.

People need to stop giving the nickname unicorns to everybody too. The only unicorns in this league are Jokic and Wemby.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Sorry Joey but I got my own opinion. I don't get influenced by the media that easily. Just because the media calls Porzingis a unicorn doesn't mean he's one.

A stretch 4 who can block shots is nothing special. And just because you can block shots doesn't mean you're a great defender either. Is Chet a good defender? he got dominated by the Mavs energy bigs in this series.

People need to stop giving the nickname unicorns to everybody too. The only unicorns in this league are Jokic and Wemby.
                                LOL When did this become a "Media Influence" "Do your own research" discussion? I expected better from you.

Let me explain again ... Guys that are 7'3", can shoot volume 3s, nimble on their feet, and block 2.5 blocks per game, are very, very rare. Like non-existent before KP came along. Like Unicorns.

Why Wemby would fit into that, but a young KP wouldn't, seems weird and oddly selective, but sure, that sure is an opinion you got there.

And yes, guys that are 7'0", and can direct an offense and make teammates better at the level Jokic does, is also very, very, rare .. like non-existent before he came along .. so ya, I don't disagree on Jokic fitting the bill as well.

Like I said before, both statements can be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X