• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Sixers lose in the second round, in 7 games: "Doc Rivers is trash!"

Sixers lose in the first round, in 6 games: "Nick Nurse is a great coach!"

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, give Nurse a couple more all-NBA players and then maybe we are allowed to criticize him.

It's all about talent, right? Embiid + Maxey > Brunson + Randle.

Oh wait... Randle didn't even play.
      Were they playing 2 on 2?

Don't really care who likes Nurse or not but that's a really stupid way to frame it.

Need to look at the top 7 or 8 guys on each team to compare who has the better roster because 7 or 8 guys are playing all the minutes for each team, not 2 guys.

When you do that (the obvious logical thing to do) it's pretty clear the Knicks are a more talented roster.

I think its pretty impressive the 76ers had 2 starters with 0 points yet they barely lost.

Comment

Sixers lose in the second round, in 7 games: "Doc Rivers is trash!"

Sixers lose in the first round, in 6 games: "Nick Nurse is a great coach!"
        So now your not arguing who's a good coach with other posters, you're arguing with an NBA player. Guess he don't know much about coaching compared you. SMH.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Were they playing 2 on 2?

Don't really care who likes Nurse or not but that's a really stupid way to frame it.

Need to look at the top 7 or 8 guys on each team to compare who has the better roster because 7 or 8 guys are playing all the minutes for each team, not 2 guys.

When you do that (the obvious logical thing to do) it's pretty clear the Knicks are a more talented roster.

I think it’s pretty impressive the 76ers had 2 starters with 0 points yet they barely lost.
          First off, the NBA has always been about the stars. Sixers have 2 and Knicks have 1 (who shouldn’t even be a star, but has been coached up by Thibs).

But still, why can’t Nurse also put his role players in a position to succeed? What exactly is his job then? He has more than enough NBA quality depth.

Yet it is exactly the same as what we saw with Raptors. Nurse rides and dies with 2 guys and then he lets his role players figure it out on their own, which kills their confidence and his depth.

And he couldn’t really contain Brunson, who is a midget with no scoring help. Teams led by those type of guys aren’t supposed to win in the playoffs.

Last edited by golden; Fri May 3, 2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

So now you’re not arguing who's a good coach with other posters, you're arguing with an NBA player. Guess he don't know much about coaching compared you. SMH.
            So you agree with every take an NBA player says, because they’re an NBA player? Rudy Gay, Pat Bev, Draymond, etc…. I mean, they don’t even agree with each other. What do you do then?

Comment

• 6ers losing and knicks winning had little to do with Nurse or Thibs imo. Embiid is a bum and Brunson is not...that is all.

Comment

First off, the NBA has always been about the stars. Sixers have 2 and Knicks have 1 (who shouldn’t even be a star, but has been coached up by Thibs).

But still, why can’t Nurse also put his role players in a position to succeed? What exactly is his job then? He has more than enough NBA quality depth.

Yet it is exactly the same as what we saw with Raptors. Nurse rides and dies with 2 guys and then he lets his role players figure it out on their own, which kills their confidence and his depth.

And he couldn’t really contain Brunson, who is a midget with no scoring help. Teams led by those type of guys aren’t supposed to win in the playoffs.

You'd make better points without the insane hyperbole.

Brunson is now a midget who is only good because Thibs coached him up?

Can't take you seriously.

Comment

So you agree with every take an NBA player says, because they’re an NBA player? Rudy Gay, Pat Bev, Draymond, etc…. I mean, they don’t even agree with each other. What do you do then?
                  When it comes to NBA coaching, I'd be an idiot not to take their opinion over yours. And you actually seem to believe your opinions are facts.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

When it comes to NBA coaching, I'd be an idiot not to take their opinion over yours. And you actually seem to believe your opinions are facts.
                    Aren’t you the one who posted that the same coaches were both most hated and most liked in a poll of NBA players. Which NBA player’s opinion do you take then? It’s exactly the same topic we’re discussing.

Comment

• Just take the L golden.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Just take the L golden.
                        lol. This is a victory lap, my friend.

Nurse hive is understandably deep in shambles today. Utter disbelief & denial.

Comment

lol. This is a victory lap, my friend.

Nurse hive is understandably deep in shambles today. Utter disbelief & denial.
                          Nick is coaching somewhere else, don't think people really care if he succeeds as a coach or not. You just bring him up whenever you can and throw in exaggerated words to make yourself sound right.

Comment

How could you trust a player who lied about his bike mishap. LOL
                            Nurse over Kerr?

Comment

• Every one of Golden's posts the last couple pages are horrible. Some of the worst takes I've seen on this site. Golden, who should Embiid pass the ball to? Tobias Harris? Cameron Payne? Brunson can spray it out to a bunch of good shooters, and Josh Hart probably got them 10 extra possessions a game. It's not Nurse's fault Embiid can't handle a simple double team. I'd say they probably should have set him up in the middle of the court more because it's harder to double him there, but it doesn't really matter if the guy is more worried about drawing a foul than generating a scoring opportunity for his team. The sixers are fundamentally broken, and that has nothing to do with Nurse.

Comment

• Here's a fun thought experiment for you, Golden. Should the sixers try to sign Paul George this summer? More stars? Or should they spend their money and picks on depth?

Comment

Working...
                                X