Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Twitter and social media has gone pretty overboard with the Ant hype. He isn't the best player yet until he actually beats the best teams and the current best player in the league which is Jokic.

He has been a pretty impressive player though, especially this post season and has a good team around him. A high quality rim protector, a high quality stretch big, a solid vet PG, a 3&D player and one of the best sixth man.
    So Ant is the best player in the league if the T-Wolves beat the Nuggets?

So what if the Nuggets beats the Wolves and then went on and lose to the Celtics in the Finals. Does that mean Tatum is now the best player in the world?
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

So what if the Nuggets beats the Wolves and then went on and lose to the Celtics in the Finals. Does that mean Tatum is now the best player in the world?
      Spurs didn't even make the playoffs so all the players on the teams that did make the playoffs are better than Wemby, if one only uses team success as the determining factor.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

neither ant nor tatum are the best players in the league and both get too much credit for being on loaded teams

Comment

Depends how Tatum performs. Its usually a mix of putting up good performances against the best teams in the league and winning. How else do you determine the best players. What does Ant do that makes him better than Jokic or Luka currently?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Depends how Tatum performs. Its usually a mix of putting up good performances against the best teams in the league and winning. How else do you determine the best players. What does Ant do that makes him better than Jokic or Luka currently?
            Eye test. There are things I can't explain. Ant got that "it" factor.

It's kind of like T-Mac vs Kobe back in the days. The year T-Mac exploded, the year where he averaged 32ppg. Everybody was a T-Mac guy back in those days. But I was like, Kobe is way better than him. He's also better than Iverson who was the MVP of the league.

I was right.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Sometimes you run into a guy that just has the cool factor. Ant has it. Sometimes that dudes is the best player in the league (kobe).
              Sometimes he is just the guys everyone loves to watch (Vince, A.I) but still has a few guys better then him.
              I think it too early to say what kind of cool guy Ant is. Winning a chip cements you in the kobe status and elevates you past the Vince and Iverson.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

It's kind of like T-Mac vs Kobe back in the days. The year T-Mac exploded, the year where he averaged 32ppg. Everybody was a T-Mac guy back in those days. But I was like, Kobe is way better than him. He's also better than Iverson who was the MVP of the league.

I was right.
                Lebron was the face of the league for a long time
                and he was not always the best player.
                It's more than just numbers.

Comment

• It's not just about the cool factor though. VC for example. I'm the biggest VC fan. He was the coolest player on the planet back in the early 2000s but I always felt like Paul Pierce was better than him. Pierce was not exactly a cool player to watch.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Was Kobe ever actually the best player?

I think he was just a great player but not sure he was ever the best.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                      Sometimes you run into a guy that just has the cool factor. Ant has it. Sometimes that dudes is the best player in the league (kobe).
                      Sometimes he is just the guys everyone loves to watch (Vince, A.I) but still has a few guys better then him.
                      I think it too early to say what kind of cool guy Ant is. Winning a chip cements you in the kobe status and elevates you past the Vince and Iverson.
                      That what I was talking about when it comes to winning, not hyperbolic stuff like every player in the Playoffs is better than Wemby.

Ant has the "It" factor I'll give him that, but its hard for me to justify saying he is better than Jokic, Luka, Giannis, etc right now. Those guys have "It" too and has won with it. Maybe not Luka yet, but its hard to not include him with the best of the best. Those guys just don't show the swagger or emotion that Ant has been showing in these Playoffs.

Comment

I was right.
                        If T-Mac played with Shaq and Kobe played with a perpetually broken Yao Ming, I think we'd be having a different conversation about legacy today.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If T-Mac played with Shaq and Kobe played with a perpetually broken Yao Ming, I think we'd be having a different conversation about legacy today.
                              Would a 21 year old T-Mac be able to take over the game in the Finals against the Pacers? the game where Shaq got into early foul trouble.

Would he be able to hit all those clutch shots while being guarded by Scottie Pippen in game 7 of the western conference final against the Blazers? his clutch performance in that game started the comeback.

Not taking anything away from T-Mac, elite scorer. But he's never won a playoff round in his career. His Magic had a 2-0 series lead in a best of 5 against the Pistons, Pistons won the next 3.

Kobe Bryant won back to back chips with Gasol and Arrest as his sidekicks.

They are not the same.
                              Last edited by The Great One; Mon May 6, 2024, 05:03 PM.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Late for predictions as well, and I won't let the Wolves game one win change what I thought prior to the start of the second round:

Celtics in 5
                                Knicks in 6
                                Nuggets in 7
                                Thunder in 7

Comment

Working...
                                X