Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    ESPN also has an article about how the 4 CF teams were built. Their rotations consist of only 6 players combined signed as Free Agents and 2 of those were UDFA's (Hauser and Reid). The most expensive FA signing on any of those teams was the 2 yrs/18 million the TWolves gave Kyle Anderson.
    The NBA is changing. We are about to have 6 straight years of a fresh champion. I don't know if we ever had a decade with no dynasty. If the new salary cap rules were to build parity it worked. Teams now have to draft a françhise player and find undervalued dudes. Lakers were the last true free agent built team to win and that was a fake bubble title.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Round one was without Giannis, and Dame for 2 games. It went 6 games.

Round two was against the Knicks with 7-8 guys injured. It went 7 games.

Lots of luck with these Pacers.
      Exactly this. Pacers have gotten lucky as hell with all the injuries to key players on their opponents.

Comment

• These 2 games have been way better than all those earlier blowouts.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Mavs shot 6/24 from 3 and won the game. Kyrie and Luka were awesome.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Exactly this. Pacers have gotten lucky as hell with all the injuries to key players on their opponents.
            Lost a golden opportunity to steal a game yesterday, beating thr celtics was already un uphill battle. Bit despite the easier road, they are still a dangerous team on any given night. Plus what happens if Tatum or brown get injured? Then it's a whole different series......

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Mavs shot 6/24 from 3 and won the game. Kyrie and Luka were awesome.
              Really the wolves should win, but Robert and Kat have something wrong with them and Luca is the best player on either team. Mavs likely to win the series, but it will take 6 or 7 games. Unless Kat folds like a lawn chair.......

Comment

• Kyrie Irving is the greatest layup maker in the history of the league. This guy makes all kinds of layups, doesn't matter the difficulty.

I also forgot how great of a player Kyrie is. I think he's the 4th greatest PG of all time. The only PGs that I would take over him are Steph, Magic and Isiah.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Kyrie Irving is the greatest layup maker in the history of the league. This guy makes all kinds of layups, doesn't matter the difficulty.

I also forgot how great of a player Kyrie is. I think he's the 4th greatest PG of all time. The only PGs that I would take over him are Steph, Magic and Isiah.
                  Oscar Robertson?
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Kyrie Irving is the greatest layup maker in the history of the league. This guy makes all kinds of layups, doesn't matter the difficulty.

He's your favorite basketball players', favorite basketball player.

Comment

Give me Kidd, Stockton, Nash, Chris Paul, or maybe even peak Westbrook over Kyrie.

But ya, he does good layups.

Kyrie has long been called the most "Skilled" player in the league. And I may concede that point. But not "Top 4 PG all-time". He's barely a PG on the Mavs as it is.

Comment

• I'm not sure how you can compare Kyrie to guys like Magic, Nash or Paul. He's not a point guard but a shooting guard. You'd have to compare him to guys like Jordan, Kobe, Wade, AI, West, Drexler, etc.

But he's always played with guys better than him to (Lebron, KD, Luka) so it's easier for him to be an elite level Batman.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Give me Kidd, Stockton, Nash, Chris Paul, or maybe even peak Westbrook over Kyrie.

But ya, he does good layups.

Kyrie has long been called the most "Skilled" player in the league. And I may concede that point. But not "Top 4 PG all-time". He's barely a PG on the Mavs as it is.
                          Game has changed. We're in the position less era. Is SGA a PG? he's OKCs starting PG right?

Anyway, it's all subjective. The only issue with Kyrie is he's kind of a knucklehead. But when he's locked in like he is this year he's an all timer.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Game has changed. We're in the position less era. Is SGA a PG? he's OKCs starting PG right?

Anyway, it's all subjective. The only issue with Kyrie is he's kind of a knucklehead. But when he's locked in like he is this year he's an all timer.
                            SGA would probably more be considered a "Guard", and plays Guard position. Not really a "PG".

Criteria to be considered an All-Time PG for me, is to average 10 assists per game, heck even 7 assists per game, at least once. Minimum criteria. Kyrie doesn't qualify.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

SGA would probably more be considered a "Guard", and plays Guard position. Not really a "PG".

Criteria to be considered an All-Time PG for me, is to average 10 assists per game, heck even 7 assists per game, at least once. Minimum criteria. Kyrie doesn't qualify.
                              So if that is your criteria then Steph is not an all time PG? he's never averaged 10 assists in season.

Harden btw has multiple 10ast/seasons.

Steph > Harden.

Steph is the greatest PG of all time.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

So if that is your criteria then Steph is not an all time PG? he's never averaged 10 assists in season.

Harden btw has multiple 10ast/seasons.

Steph > Harden.

Steph is the greatest PG of all time.
                                Steph is also a shooting guard. Their point player is Draymond.

Comment

Working...
                                X