Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One wrote: View Post
    some one has been listening to their Tim and Sid. you should quote and site there opinion lol. As for your opinion "players are often just as happy to have the weekend off" ummmmm lol if you believe this then ok fine but I don't think you actually think that. rather I think you said that to support your statement. I could write a 30 page report on the importance of the all-star game to the players.
    I have never listened to Tim and Sid, so my opinion is my own thank you very much.

So go ahead and write your 30 page report, but leave the axe to grind behind. I'm sure you will get some interesting responses.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Maybe my memory is foggy, but DD 2 yrs ago and Lowry last year seemed to play worse after they were chosen to to play in the AS game. TBH, I'd rather have 2 pissed off players with something to prove. That's just a selfish POV though.
      your memory is not foggy, you seem to lack the understanding of correlation though, here in Toronto we just realized that with a huge increase in ice cream sales we also noticed a huge increase in crime rate. lucky for us there are still some intelligent people left here so we understand that the two do now have a strong relationship and that there must be another factor such as its easier to rob someones home when there is no snow on the ground. Its a good thing to because the other half of people were suggesting to simply stop selling ice cream so that way we lower the crime rate.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        I have never listened to Tim and Sid, so my opinion is my own thank you very much.

So go ahead and write your 30 page report, but leave the axe to grind behind. I'm sure you will get some interesting responses.
        my bad then, sorry to suggest that. It was just that they said the same thing about the all-star game 2 days ago. I would like to recommend there pod cast it is so entertaining. its largely opinionated aswell but still its entertainment at its best lol

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
          Deserves ? I was under the impression that the market and salary cap and the ownership's willingness or lack of to spend money over and above are what dictates a players value, it really has nothing to do at all of the non professionals opinions ie everyone except the people being paid. I would argue that for someone to suggest 15 to 20 million is a complete joke the raptors999 suggests that anything over 20 is a huge overpay. in the world of mathematics that makes zero sense. Demar is going to get min 22 mil weather you me or anyone else likes it. I don't even know why i'm saying this, how to argue with non critical thinkers who assume they understand what they don't know, i'm going to go talk to the wall for a bit and ask it why its paint is white instead of brown. who is the cap guru, I think his name is DANH ......... I've read your post and you come across as intelligent...... can you do me a favor and let me know what you think Demar will get on the open market, id be really surprised if its under 24 mil. I don't want to know what you think he deserves, I want to know what you think he will get.
          I think DeMar gets a max offer from one team or another on the open market this summer (that's 27M per year). And also that it is possible he takes less per year with the Raptors to get that 5th year guaranteed. But not a lot less (I think it is pretty close to certain he will get over 20M starting salary which means 22M+ on average).

That said, I think the argument is not whether he would get a certain amount on the open market, but whether that amount would be worthwhile giving him in a cap system. The market the next two summers will be crazy inflated and even with the cap rising two summers in a row there is very real potential for a team to wildly overpay based purely on the cap available to players available ratio in those two summers. Overpay in the sense of production for money, not in the sense of pay relative to market. Two very different ways to judge contracts and the former is far more important in my mind.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I think DeMar gets a max offer from one team or another on the open market this summer (that's 27M per year). And also that it is possible he takes less per year with the Raptors to get that 5th year guaranteed. But not a lot less (I think it is pretty close to certain he will get over 20M starting salary which means 22M+ on average).

That said, I think the argument is not whether he would get a certain amount on the open market, but whether that amount would be worthwhile giving him in a cap system. The market the next two summers will be crazy inflated and even with the cap rising two summers in a row there is very real potential for a team to wildly overpay based purely on the cap available to players available ratio in those two summers. Overpay in the sense of production for money, not in the sense of pay relative to market. Two very different ways to judge contracts and the former is far more important in my mind.
            I agree with you on what he'll get, I just hope if he's in that range(22-27m) that we aren't the ones paying it to him.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              fyi, since you are only looking at the most basic of stats.....

I would not pay melo or wade 18+ million either.

Butler is the only player worth 20 million on that list....and that is not for just his offense, but for his elite defense and and highly efficient offense
              This thread is about voting him into the ASG not how much you'd pay him.

Comment

• DeMar, quietly putting together a nice season. I keep looking at his field goals after each game and outside of a couple early season games he's been shooting a decent % for a wing. Add to that his assist and reb numbers seemingly are up and defensive effort visibly there I have to say it's another year of improvement for him. As a fan you always want more but I don't have much to complain about DD these days.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  DeMar, quietly putting together a nice season. I keep looking at his field goals after each game and outside of a couple early season games he's been shooting a decent % for a wing. Add to that his assist and reb numbers seemingly are up and defensive effort visibly there I have to say it's another year of improvement for him. As a fan you always want more but I don't have much to complain about DD these days.
                  Yeah TS% pushing 54%, WS/48 a hair under .150, 20 PER, positive +3 netRTG, 22-4-4 raw stats and a career high 21.9% AST rate without any significant increase in turnover percentage. Making a conscious effort to move more of his offense into the paint as well. Really happy with what I'm seeing from DeMar this season.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                    Yeah TS% pushing 54%, WS/48 a hair under .150, 20 PER, positive +3 netRTG, 22-4-4 raw stats and a career high 21.9% AST rate without any significant increase in turnover percentage. Making a conscious effort to move more of his offense into the paint as well. Really happy with what I'm seeing from DeMar this season.
                    Still has a habit of going through a couple stretches a game of terrible midrange jumpers, but they've been getting fewer and farther between.

Can't really complain about his game this year - he's made a lot of the improvements many of us have been calling for. Hopefully he keeps it up.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Still has a habit of going through a couple stretches a game of terrible midrange jumpers, but they've been getting fewer and farther between.

Can't really complain about his game this year - he's made a lot of the improvements many of us have been calling for. Hopefully he keeps it up.
                      Agreed re improvements. I really hope when things tighten up both he and DC don't revert to ISO heavy possessions. DD just needs to increase his 3 percentage.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Agreed re improvements. I really hope when things tighten up both he and DC don't revert to ISO heavy possessions. DD just needs to increase his 3 percentage.
                        He's just not going to be a 3 point shooter. He's a below average shooter past the 10-16ft range. Better to encourage him to take the shots he's good at.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          fyi, since you are only looking at the most basic of stats.....
                          Yep.. pretty basic... How you shoot .. how you rebound .. can you pass the ball ... and can you play inside with the men with FT's.... pretty good indicators of what you got eh ?

Snooch wrote: View Post
                          I would not pay melo or wade 18+ million either.
                          Why do you care so much how much DD or anyone in the league gets paid...its not your money.

Snooch wrote: View Post
                          Butler is the only player worth 20 million on that list....and that is not for just his offense, but for his elite defense and and highly efficient offense
                          The others are worth 20M as thats what they get paid. DD will most likely get 20M next year as well. Again.. its not your money nor your decision to pay that much to him or not to pay him that amount.
                          But you can bray at the moon that they are all not worth it for as long as your lungs can stand it. You can write about it here for as long as you like. Just know it won't change whatever the outcome is going to be.

I have voted for him as often as I can. Nice to see the host city have a couple of their players on stage in the exhibition game representing a top 5 team in the East....

Hope you do to.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            Yep.. pretty basic... How you shoot .. how you rebound .. can you pass the ball ... and can you play inside with the men with FT's.... pretty good indicators of what you got eh ?
                            In its most absolute simplest and incomplete way of looking at it....sure.

Why do you care so much how much DD or anyone in the league gets paid...its not your money.
                            there has never been any debate from anyone about the money coming out of our own pockets, so I do not understand why you would even post something like that other than attempting to bait.

The others are worth 20M as thats what they get paid. DD will most likely get 20M next year as well. Again.. its not your money nor your decision to pay that much to him or not to pay him that amount.
                            But you can bray at the moon that they are all not worth it for as long as your lungs can stand it. You can write about it here for as long as you like. Just know it won't change whatever the outcome is going to be.

I have voted for him as often as I can. Nice to see the host city have a couple of their players on stage in the exhibition game representing a top 5 team in the East....

Hope you do to.
                            The others are not worth 20 million either, except for butler.

And the debate, for quite a while now has been keeping demar and maintaining the status quo, which is in everyone best hope, a most unsustainable offense that gets slaughtered in the playoffs....or/....using that money ion multiple pieces that will achieve a greater combined success than "staying the course"

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              He's just not going to be a 3 point shooter. He's a below average shooter past the 10-16ft range. Better to encourage him to take the shots he's good at.
                              He needs to just stop taking above the break 3s and his percentage would be at least in the low 30s. And based on his past career stats could be in the mid-30s.

If he just never shot 3s unless they were from the corners his percentage would be better.

That's the next 2 things I'm hoping to see from him. Taking above the break threes and a few more of those long-2s out of his shot selection.

Comment

• demar Derozan, in todays NBa, is plenty worth what he will be paid. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                                X