Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
    demar Derozan, in todays NBa, is plenty worth what he will be paid. Get over it.
    Uhh, there is no way to definitively say this because we don't know how much he's being paid yet...

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Uhh, there is no way to definitively say this because we don't know how much he's being paid yet...
      Everything SuperJudge says is definitive. Pretty sure it's a rule from the 10 commandments or something.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• All Things Considered: Should Toronto Fans Vote DeMar DeRozan Into the 2016 A...

JWash wrote: View Post
        Honestly, in the summer I thought he would get paid 18-20 million. Now I'm convinced he will get paid 20+. He's played VERY well so far this season and is likely on his way to another all-star game.

No way to definitively say it, but I'd bet he's getting 20+ million. He's taking less long 2s and has improved his handles and passing.

If he can do what you suggest... Which is to only take corner 3s and bringing up that 3 point percentage to mid 30s.... We better add another million or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          Honestly, in the summer I thought he would get paid 18-20 million. Now I'm convinced he will get paid 20+. He's played VERY well so far this season and is likely on his way to another all-star game.

No way to definitively say it, but I'd bet he's getting 20+ million. He's taking less long 2s and has improved his handles and passing.

If he can do what you suggest... Which is to only take corner 3s and bringing up that 3 point percentage to mid 30s.... We better add another million or two.

Derozan is getting at least 20M IMO
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Has DD played well enough to deserve the starting SG spot? No. Jimmy Butler

Should he make the All-star game? Maybe, will be a tough choice between Beal/Batum/Jackson and DD.

Will I vote for him? Maybe

Not a huge fan of all-star games anyways.

Three point comp is where its at

Comment

• Demar will make it over Beal based on stats and team records.... I don't even think it will be a close vote honestly.

I think he makes it over Jackson as well.

Batum has played very well this season and I think he deserves to be an all-star considering where his team is, in the standings.

Comment

• Having difficulty voting but will figure it out kyle of course,demar,joesph
                West curry Andrew wiggins vote canadain people!!!

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  In its most absolute simplest and incomplete way of looking at it....sure.

there has never been any debate from anyone about the money coming out of our own pockets, so I do not understand why you would even post something like that other than attempting to bait.

The others are not worth 20 million either, except for butler.

And the debate, for quite a while now has been keeping demar and maintaining the status quo, which is in everyone best hope, a most unsustainable offense that gets slaughtered in the playoffs....or/....using that money ion multiple pieces that will achieve a greater combined success than "staying the course"
                  You are perhaps the most strident one trick pony of the many on this board who rail against demar and how and what he does. Its OK.. you can rail at him all you want.. but thats all you do. there isnt much more you opine about ... Demar is the reason for any raptor faux paus .. loss... salary issue... male pattern baldness... global warming.. world poverty... its demar...Just to stretch your view.. try something new.

Re the stats...There is an axiom called the KISS principle.. which means keep it simple ... the plethora of stats out there are just that.. stats for the sake of them. Some of newer NBA metrics are almost like baseball. Most double plays turned during day games played on tuesday with a dominican and american SS and 2B under the age of 32 in June. Can you shoot the ball.. .Can you rebound the ball... Do you have the courage and do you get to the basket down the lane on a consistent basis .... Can you see the court well enough to pass the ball to utilize other players on the team are a very simple straightforward way of measuring performance and your ability to execute.

Demar's profile holds up well vs the perennial allstars in Carmelllo/Wade and now Jimmy Butler. You may not like his game or what he brings but he is a very good player. He will be compensated at fair market value as such which by all probability says 20M plus.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 13, 2015, 03:31 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    Has DD played well enough to deserve the starting SG spot? No. Jimmy Butler

Should he make the All-star game? Maybe, will be a tough choice between Beal/Batum/Jackson and DD.

Will I vote for him? Maybe

Not a huge fan of all-star games anyways.

Three point comp is where its at
                    Lowry for 3 point contest! He is shooting 41% so far.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                      What about team record Snooch? Isn't that the most important?

It doesn't matter anyways.

Demar will probably be an all-star whether we vote him in or not.

That being said, we need to vote for Kyle and Demar as they both deserve it.

I wouldn't vote for Wall or Beal (based on their team record)

Washington is currently sitting in 11th place ... 5.5 games back! lol

Yeah, at the very least DeMar's gonna be a reserve. I think Butler deserves the starting spot over him, but I'd vote DeMar anyways.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        You are perhaps the most strident one trick pony of the many on this board who rail against demar and how and what he does. Its OK.. you can rail at him all you want.. but thats all you do. there isnt much more you opine about ... Demar is the reason for any raptor faux paus .. loss... salary issue... male pattern baldness... global warming.. world poverty... its demar...Just to stretch your view.. try something new.

Re the stats...There is an axiom called the KISS principle.. which means keep it simple ... the plethora of stats out there are just that.. stats for the sake of them. Some of newer NBA metrics are almost like baseball. Most double plays turned during day games played on tuesday with a dominican and american SS and 2B under the age of 32 in June. Can you shoot the ball.. .Can you rebound the ball... Do you have the courage and do you get to the basket down the lane on a consistent basis .... Can you see the court well enough to pass the ball to utilize other players on the team are a very simple straightforward way of measuring performance and your ability to execute.

Demar's profile holds up well vs the perennial allstars in Carmelllo/Wade and now Jimmy Butler. You may not like his game or what he brings but he is a very good player. He will be compensated at fair market value as such which by all probability says 20M plus.
                        occording to your principals...which I will post about as opposed to throwing veiled insults at you yourself, unlike you yourself, Lou Williams should have been retained.

And about the advanced metrics, they work, you can say they dont all you want, or say they dont matter all you want, but they work, and they tell the truth.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          demar Derozan, in todays NBa, is plenty worth what he will be paid. Get over it.
                          problem is with how much he does get paid.

In the most absolute simplistic way of looking at it, yes demar will be worth his contract, because that is what someone agreed to pay him, and what he felt was adequate enough an offer to sign on.

you are correct there.

well, as long as you look at it as simplisticly as possible.

suck on that SJ!

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                            occording to your principals...which I will post about as opposed to throwing veiled insults at you yourself, unlike you yourself, Lou Williams should have been retained.

And about the advanced metrics, they work, you can say they dont all you want, or say they dont matter all you want, but they work, and they tell the truth.
                            Not sure what your trying to say with this rambling incoherent statement...which I will post about as opposed to throwing veiled insults at you yourself, unlike you yourself, Lou Williams should have been retained. What is it your trying to blurt out ?

Those advanced metrics worked well helping Hinkie eval talent eh ? What a powerhouse he puts on the floor using players he picked using those advanced stats. I have often wondered what the outcome would be if an analytics only guy ran a team and now we get an idea with Philly. What a miserable failure of epic proportions its been with Philly eh? 38 wins and 150 losses. Its so bad that Hinkies ass (regardless of corp speak of him getting help from an advisor ) got fired last week.

Trying to see what "veiled" insults I have put your way. Could you specify please.
                            If its insulting to you to have the temerity to challenge your view that Demar is not some stumblebum then I guess I am guilty insulting you.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 13, 2015, 05:15 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              Hang on; is Kobe listed as a forward? If so, I wonder who he knocks off...
                              Yep.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Not sure what your trying to say with this rambling incoherent statement...which I will post about as opposed to throwing veiled insults at you yourself, unlike you yourself, Lou Williams should have been retained. What is it your trying to blurt out ?

Those advanced metrics worked well helping Hinkie eval talent eh ? What a powerhouse he puts on the floor using players he picked using those advanced stats. I have often wondered what the outcome would be if an analytics only guy ran a team and now we get an idea with Philly. What a miserable failure of epic proportions its been with Philly eh? 38 wins and 150 losses. Its so bad that Hinkies ass (regardless of corp speak of him getting help from an advisor ) got fired last week.

Trying to see what "veiled" insults I have put your way. Could you specify please.
                                If its insulting to you to have the temerity to challenge your view that Demar is not some stumblebum then I guess I am guilty insulting you.
                                You'd have a point if Hinkie was the only analytics guy in the league. Bob Myers, Golden State's GM is a big analytics guy as well. Working out ok for him I think.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X