Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Thing is, so many teams have cap space. So for Horford it makes more sense to just play the FA market or stay in ATL. My guess is, if ATL offers Horford full max, he probably stays.
    This. S&T for Horford is not happening. If he wants a S&T somewhere it won't be here, but I bet he ends up taking 5 years full max from Atlanta.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I think you package Ross, PP plus a couple prospects and a pick to get a big upgrade at PF. If you grab Murray.
      And if Murray is oof the table by the Knuggets pick, I'd take buddy hield. And still trade Ross plus prospects and a pick for a big upgrade at PF.

After watching him play, I honestly believe hield will become a superstar in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        Who would you target?

There really aren't very many big upgrades at PF. Only two somewhat realistic options I see:

Millsap (although it doesn't really make sense for ATL)
        Ibaka (just Ross and picks/prospects gets it done if OKC moving on for some reason)
        If ATL loses Horford in FA, moving Millsap absolutely makes sense for them - he isn't signed for that long that they can really rebuild around him, and they will have a hard time recovering quickly from the loss of Horford, Teague will be pissed because they tried to trade him, and Bazemore's going to get a big raise there or elsewhere.

Ibaka would be great but of course that only happens if Durant walks. Maybe CLE sells on Love in the off-season.

Then there are SnT opportunities - if Horford or Durant decide to go elsewhere, it is definitely in their teams' best interests to get something back - and if we can make a solid pitch to them, maybe they choose here, and if they do, those Ross and PP contracts will be how we balance the salaries.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Horford, Millsap, Ibaka or Bosh are the only true upgrades I would entertain. I hate Kevin Love so much
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            Horford, Millsap, Ibaka or Bosh are the only true upgrades I would entertain. I hate Kevin Love so much
            Why?! Sure his defense sucks but he is a pretty good rebounder and a 3 point shooter, is definitely an upgrade.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Why?! Sure his defense sucks but he is a pretty good rebounder and a 3 point shooter, is definitely an upgrade.
              he is soft like baby shit, cries to the refs, and gets his without helping the team win
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Looking Ahead: 2016 NBA Draft

thead wrote: View Post
                he is soft like baby shit, cries to the refs, and gets his without helping the team win
                Yup I wouldn't want him on my team. He is definitely a star but a wrong kind of star that never wins championships but get his own.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  If ATL loses Horford in FA, moving Millsap absolutely makes sense for them - he isn't signed for that long that they can really rebuild around him, and they will have a hard time recovering quickly from the loss of Horford, Teague will be pissed because they tried to trade him, and Bazemore's going to get a big raise there or elsewhere.

Ibaka would be great but of course that only happens if Durant walks. Maybe CLE sells on Love in the off-season.

Then there are SnT opportunities - if Horford or Durant decide to go elsewhere, it is definitely in their teams' best interests to get something back - and if we can make a solid pitch to them, maybe they choose here, and if they do, those Ross and PP contracts will be how we balance the salaries.
                  Utah might be another team looking to move a front court player and could use 3 point shooting. A trade centred around Favors and Ross would be something to look at if raptors can get Murray.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    Fair point, I could see him being a chemistry killer on the Raptors.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      Utah might be another team looking to move a front court player and could use 3 point shooting. A trade centred around Favors and Ross would be something to look at if raptors can get Murray.
                      We need a PF with range, that uses his range. Favors gets ~73% of his offense within 10ft of the basket. We don't need guys who clog the paint as long as DeMar is our SG.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

We need a PF with range, that uses his range. Favors gets ~73% of his offense within 10ft of the basket. We don't need guys who clog the paint as long as DeMar is our SG.
                        Not sure it's that big of an issue if Carroll is healthy. You can also assume that Favors will likely continue to work on expanding his range (like every other player is in the NBA).
                        Because its 2015

Comment

Not sure it's that big of an issue if Carroll is healthy. You can also assume that Favors will likely continue to work on expanding his range (like every other player is in the NBA).
                          Even if Carroll is healthy, you still want as much space as possible for Lowry/DeMar/JV to work, and all three of them do a lot of their best work in the paint.

Comment

Even if Carroll is healthy, you still want as much space as possible for Lowry/DeMar/JV to work, and all three of them do a lot of their best work in the paint.
                            Yeah, it certainly makes things easier. But those guys are still ripping teams to shreds with Scola and JJ beside them.

I'm pretty sure they'd find enough space to operate in a lineup with Caroll and Favors.

And like I said, that's assuming Favors follows the trend of every other player in the NBA and continues to expand his range. (Which is a fair assumption)
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Yeah, it certainly makes things easier. But those guys are still ripping teams to shreds with Scola and JJ beside them.

I'm pretty sure they'd find enough space to operate in a lineup with Caroll and Favors.

And like I said, that's assuming Favors follows the trend of every other player in the NBA and continues to expand his range. (Which is a fair assumption)
                              They aren't 'ripping teams to shreds with Scola and JJ beside them'. We're losing almost every minute they're out there with JJ and Scola.

Comment

They aren't 'ripping teams to shreds with Scola and JJ beside them'. We're losing almost every minute they're out there with JJ and Scola.
                                Because JJ and Scola aren't hitting their shots. Give those same opportunities to Caroll and Favors and they'd be winning every minute they're out there.

The point is, DD and KL are still finding open shots for JJ and Scola, it's not their fault those guys aren't hitting them.
                                Because its 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X