No announcement yet.

Poeltl & Pascal - The 2016 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if the Raps draft Murray you move Wright, Powell, Ross and a 1st and land a god damn stud at the 4
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Looking Ahead: 2016 NBA Draft

Who do you guys like as a big for our later pick? I've seen some mocks where Rabb, Diallo and even Skal are available. I haven't seen much of either guy but they are all big, with at least 7'1 wingspan, 9'1 standing reach. In Diallo's case, he's 6'9, 7'1.25 wingspan and 9'2 standing reach! Sounds like he could be a good PF/ small ball C.

Anyone watch them and care to weigh in?

Edit: My bad, didn't see that there were like 30 posts on these guys (usually when i have like 150 unread posts I assume it's mostly just people talking shit about demar and skip to the end - proven to be a good tactic so far on theses boards). Still, if anyone who knows is able to specifically compare these three, it'd be a good point of reference (and much appreciated)
      Last edited by e_wheazhy_; Sat Feb 27, 2016, 07:59 PM.
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        if the Raps draft Murray you move Wright, Powell, Ross and a 1st and land a god damn stud at the 4
        And then you make sure to hit save game before turning your Playstation off ;-)
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Who do you guys like as a big for our later pick? I've seen some mocks where Rabb, Diallo and even Skal are available. I haven't seen much of either guy but they are all big, with at least 7'1 wingspan, 9'1 standing reach. In Diallo's case, he's 6'9, 7'1.25 wingspan and 9'2 standing reach! Sounds like he could be a good PF/ small ball C.

Anyone watch them and care to weigh in?

Edit: My bad, didn't see that there were like 30 posts on these guys (usually when i have like 150 unread posts I assume it's mostly just people talking shit about demar and skip to the end - proven to be a good tactic so far on theses boards). Still, if anyone who knows is able to specifically compare these three, it'd be a good point of reference (and much appreciated)
          One guy I haven't seen talked about for us with that late first is Nigel Hayes. Slightly undersized (but long wingspan) for a straight-up PF. He's the sort of tweener who can back-down SFs really well (but not so much PFs), and can slash against PFs, but not so much against SFs. That said, I think he's got good potential as a smallball 4; versatile defender, spaces the floor, can take advantage of mismatches either inside or outside. If I was scouting him I'd want to get a good look at his shot, that would be my biggest questionmark.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
            One guy I haven't seen talked about for us with that late first is Nigel Hayes. Slightly undersized (but long wingspan) for a straight-up PF. He's the sort of tweener who can back-down SFs really well (but not so much PFs), and can slash against PFs, but not so much against SFs. That said, I think he's got good potential as a smallball 4; versatile defender, spaces the floor, can take advantage of mismatches either inside or outside. If I was scouting him I'd want to get a good look at his shot, that would be my biggest questionmark.
            I remember talking about him a while back. He was a clutch glue guy for Wisconsin last year and seems like a versatile 3/4 defender at the next level. He has taken on a much bigger role this year (Kaminsky and Dekker getting drafted) and while they aren't on the same level as a team, he is still producing well against good competition.

Not sure how much upside he has, but our pick, not too much expectation.

I see a Taj Gibson type player - solid but unspectacular.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
              That's the worst type of tweener. Where their offensive game isn't particularly effective at either position they play. Can't play him at SF when his shot isn't the most reliable and he can't slash past 3s. Then it's also hard to play him at the 4 when he isn't strong enough to play there. His best bet though is probably playing PF.. doesn't seem quick enough to keep up with SFs.

Comment

• My first choice would be Murray but again looking at some Ellenson highlights, Dude is legit 6'10 freshman just turned 19 years old and playing like a senior, got a great looking shot and high basketball I.Q.

Could be a steal

Comment

• Saw some of Ellenson today, looked a little rough on defense at times. But his frame and the way he moves/shoots has to bring to mind Dirk more than anyone.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    My first choice would be Murray but again looking at some Ellenson highlights, Dude is legit 6'10 freshman just turned 19 years old and playing like a senior, got a great looking shot and high basketball I.Q.

Could be a steal

and would look great beside jv

Comment

• I don't think he fits beside JV. We're seeing it with Scola. You can't put a poor defensive 4 beside JV. The Raps need a strong defensive 4 that has to be respected out to at least the mid range. Ellenson fits the bill on the offensive end, but needs defensive players around him to hide his flaws on the perimeter.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        So, no on Skal lol.

That's cool.

Next question. If the raps are able to draft Murray, who do you move? Powell or Wright?
                        Moving either doesn't help, because they both play zero minutes, unless we're trying to open up minutes on the 905. You need to move CoJo, Ross, or Derozan to open up minutes for Murray.

I think if we get Murray with the Knuggets pick, you try your best to use Ross and the other 1st to get a starting PF (Thaddeus Young perhaps? Someone else in the $12M range?)

Comment

• I think you package Ross, PP plus a couple prospects and a pick to get a big upgrade at PF. If you grab Murray.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            I think you package Ross, PP plus a couple prospects and a pick to get a big upgrade at PF. If you grab Murray.
                            Who would you target?

There really aren't very many big upgrades at PF. Only two somewhat realistic options I see:

Millsap (although it doesn't really make sense for ATL)
                            Ibaka (just Ross and picks/prospects gets it done if OKC moving on for some reason)

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Who would you target?

There really aren't very many big upgrades at PF. Only two somewhat realistic options I see:

Millsap (although it doesn't really make sense for ATL)
                              Ibaka (just Ross and picks/prospects gets it done if OKC moving on for some reason)
                              S&T involving Horford possibly.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                S&T involving Horford possibly.
                                Thing is, so many teams have cap space. So for Horford it makes more sense to just play the FA market or stay in ATL. My guess is, if ATL offers Horford full max, he probably stays.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X