Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The competition level of the D-League is slowly increasing but the best way to make it truly strong would be for each Franchise to have their own D-League team while also increasing the wages for the players. It needs to become more financially appealing to players than playing overseas is.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
      The competition level of the D-League is slowly increasing but the best way to make it truly strong would be for each Franchise to have their own D-League team while also increasing the wages for the players. It needs to become more financially appealing to players than playing overseas is.
      It needs to be a AHL/AAA like league. Not an ECHL/AA one.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        The competition level of the D-League is slowly increasing but the best way to make it truly strong would be for each Franchise to have their own D-League team while also increasing the wages for the players. It needs to become more financially appealing to players than playing overseas is.
        This should be a big thing in the next cba negotiations, but who knows

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
          This should be a big thing in the next cba negotiations, but who knows
          The only D-Leaguers represented by the NBPA are those sent down by their teams and they get the same pay whether they're down or up.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            The only D-Leaguers represented by the NBPA are those sent down by their teams and they get the same pay whether they're down or up.
            The league still wants as much talent as possible in and around the league. I believe Silver has talked about approaching this issue.

Comment

The league still wants as much talent as possible in and around the league. I believe Silver has talked about approaching this issue.
              That would be with the owners, no? It would be a unilateral decision by the NBA.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

That would be with the owners, no? It would be a unilateral decision by the NBA.
                Idk, perhaps with more talented d leagues owners get more profit?

Comment

• i figured the salaries was to not impact the world game. good leagues in europe with the best league in america makes for great global growth and ensures the best players come to the nba.

Comment

Yeah, that's a board of governors issue. Not a CBA issue at all (there is no mention of the D-League in the CBA except for assignment rules).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah it was either on a podcast with Woj or ZLowe that Silver was asked about a proposal for a rather large increase in D League salaries. Don't think anything was planned but it's definitely on their radar.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Why did all the d leaguers travel to england, are the 905s on an extended break?
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Why did all the d leaguers travel to england, are the 905s on an extended break?
                          Probably a team building thing. Nice of the brass to bring the young guys along to see the sights.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bruno had one of his better games tonight. Kept it simple. Bennett destroyed some guy.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• that bennet dunk was nasty.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Bruno had one of his better games tonight. Kept it simple. Bennett destroyed some guy.
                                Bruno just needs to learn how to play.

He has the physical tools.

Whether he learns how to play the game and develops a 'head' for it will determine if he ever succeeds.

I'm rooting for him. He is still so young. I think most of us are here so frequent day in and day out and commit so much time and energy in to the Raptors we tend to forget that it has only been a little over a year and a half and he is still just 20 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X