Game 65: Chicago Bulls 109 - Toronto Raptors 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. Oh, the thought of Casey giving minutes to JJ over Scola. Pretty unfathomable, actually.
    Ok I don't get it.

You're constantly complaining about Scola starting.

I suggest a way that Scola might be removed from the starting 5. You rubbish it.

So if you don't think there's a realistic way he's ever coming out of the starting 5 what's the point of constantly harping on about it...?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Ok I don't get it.

I suggest a way that Scola might be removed from the starting 5. You rubbish it.

So if you don't think there's a realistic way he's ever coming out of the starting 5 what's the point of constantly harping on about it...?
      The way I feel, which might be similar to the way Dan feels, is that while it makes all the sense in the world for Scola to be taken out of the starting lineup, it's never going to happen.

So we complain about it, because there's literally nothing else that we can do about it.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Ok I don't get it.

I'm just saying, Casey seems to find ways to bury JJ in the rotation whenever possible. Why would he suddenly start him over Scola? If you're going to hope for a PF change might as well hope for an actual PF in Patterson.

And Scola disappearing entirely from the rotation is never going to happen, which would be necessary if JJ starts and Patterson still plays with the bench. But I could see Scola getting his minutes moved to the bench unit, which means Patterson starting.

I don't mean to "rubbish" your idea - I just thought it was more far fetched than the more reasonable suggestions that have been floating around for literally the entire season.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm just saying, Casey seems to find ways to bury JJ in the rotation whenever possible. Why would he suddenly start him over Scola? If you're going to hope for a PF change might as well hope for an actual PF in Patterson.

And Scola disappearing entirely from the rotation is never going to happen, which would be necessary if JJ starts and Patterson still plays with the bench. But I could see Scola getting his minutes moved to the bench unit, which means Patterson starting.

I don't mean to "rubbish" your idea - I just thought it was more far fetched than the more reasonable suggestions that have been floating around for literally the entire season.
          The way I was looking at it is this.

Casey might opt to go small ball.

Right now, we're playing a fairly traditional lineup. We have a 1 at the 1, a 2 at the 2, etc. The only way Patterson gets inserted into the lineup is because Casey decides that he's a better fit in the starting 5 for what we're doing than coming off the bench. This seems highly unlikely to happen because we've watched them run this lineup for 60+ games now. And it's clear that for whatever reason, Casey thinks Scola is a better starter at the 4 than 2Pat. I don't see that changing.

However. If when Carroll comes back we were to for whatever reason make a strategic decision to go small and use Carroll (or JJ depending on how you look at it) at the 4 spot - something that was hinted at during the offseason - it's possible Casey could decide to play 3 wings which would likely put James Johnson (or maybe even Ross, but I feel like he has the same bench tag as 2Pat in Casey's mind) into the starting lineup.

Comment

The way I was looking at it is this.

Casey might opt to go small ball.

Right now, we're playing a fairly traditional lineup. We have a 1 at the 1, a 2 at the 2, etc. The only way Patterson gets inserted into the lineup is because Casey decides that he's a better fit in the starting 5 for what we're doing than coming off the bench. This seems highly unlikely to happen because we've watched them run this lineup for 60+ games now. And it's clear that for whatever reason, Casey thinks Scola is a better starter at the 4 than 2Pat. I don't see that changing.

However. If when Carroll comes back we were to for whatever reason make a strategic decision to go small and use Carroll (or JJ depending on how you look at it) at the 4 spot - something that was hinted at during the offseason - it's possible Casey could decide to play 3 wings which would likely put James Johnson (or maybe even Ross, but I feel like he has the same bench tag as 2Pat in Casey's mind) into the starting lineup.
            Fair enough. Historically when Casey has gone small it has meant an additional PG, not an additional wing, but sure, possible.

Let's just say I consider it unlikely - as much so as Casey realizing what he has in Patterson. And the Patterson move has so much more upside that I don't see the upside of hoping for a similarly unlikely but untested long shot.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Casey started Hansbrough with 7 games left last year. There is always hope.
              Aight well you keep the faith because someone here has to. I just don't see it happening. You're aren't giving Casey enough credit for being stupid. Trust me he isn't smart enough to make a move like that. He's also too stubborn. But we shall see. I hope you're right
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Aight well you keep the faith because someone here has to. I just don't see it happening. You're aren't giving Casey enough credit for being stupid. Trust me he isn't smart enough to make a move like that. He's also too stubborn. But we shall see. I hope you're right
                Did I just read that on raptors republic?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Did I just read that on raptors republic?
                  By that I mean Dan H seems to really have a lot more faith in Casey doing something smart for once than I think he should. Casey is pretty stubborn which leads him to some across stupid and he's proven it time and time again. I think it's time we look at him as such and to me one should never put their faith in Casey's hands. Well if you like disappointment then go ahead but I rather not put myself through that
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I would be no less disappointed in an early exit from the playoffs if I set my expectations there than if I set my expectations where this team should have them set. The only difference would be how much I enjoy the process in the meantime.

There is real hope that a change is made - not likely, of course, but possible.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      Bro if you already are so sure we're going out in round 1 why even watch? Why subject yourself to torture?

Comment

Bro if you already are so sure we're going out in round 1 why even watch? Why subject yourself to torture?
                        This is GLF my man. Last year he drove me nuts. He's a lot better now

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          This is GLF my man. Last year he drove me nuts. He's a lot better now
                          Yea last year GLF was way worse.... He drove me nuts too. But he ended up being right.

Never in my worst nightmares did I expect us to get swept by Washington. A part of me pretends it didn't happen.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JJ at the four is an interesting idea upon the return of Carroll. I'd get behind that and if we were to play the Bulls in the p-offs, I'd like to see what JJ can do with Gasol. Upon the return of Carroll, I don't care if JJ gets a min at the 3.

Comment

• What's the bigger concern with Scola starting over Patterson, D or O?

Comment

• jawsgt wrote: View Post
                                what's the bigger concern with scola starting over patterson, d or o?
                                d, 110%

Comment

Working...
                                X