No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to point something out... Paul George played in the regular season game in which we beat the Pacers without DeMar or Kyle.

Powell started and went 5/11 and scored 27 points.

JJ went 3/7 for 9 points.

Ross came off the bench for 14 points on 6/13 shooting.

In fact, the only Raptor who shot worse than 40% was Patterson at 1/5.

So... George was defending SOMEONE, but we still managed to score 111 points without anyone going 5/19 or 4/15.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Just to point something out... Paul George played in the regular season game in which we beat the Pacers without DeMar or Kyle.

Powell started and went 5/11 and scored 27 points.

JJ went 3/7 for 9 points.

Ross came off the bench for 14 points on 6/13 shooting.

In fact, the only Raptor who shot worse than 40% was Patterson at 1/5.

So... George was defending SOMEONE, but we still managed to score 111 points without anyone going 5/19 or 4/15.
      And there you have it. Barolt we all knew, you especially, that our lack of ball movement was going to be the death of us. We thought we could get through round 1 without it but looks like we all might be wrong. But honestly why would we think that? Not with the defense indiana plays, I'm sorry. Oh and I said Demar was gonna struggle this whole series. Paul is too good of defender and Demar is too stubborn. Not a good combo
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Does Casey have the cojones to bring DD off the bench?

Comment

• For the love of Pete, that was craptacular.

What in the heck was all that pushing the ball up to try to score in transition? We forced early offence, turned the ball over, and took longer shots early in the clock, sabotaging our big men's ability to crash the boards. We played completely into the Pacers' hands. Even when we settled into a half court set, we barely ran screens and just drove recklessly into traffic, and no one seemed to know who to pass it to - and if you don't know that, you sure shouldn't be leaving your feet to pass.

Scola... Could this finally be the game that breaks the camel's back? Not really much to say here. It's physically painful to watch. It's a travesty. That start of the third should have ended with the game tied, or close at least, but we gained nothing holding Indy to poor shooting because of Scola tossing up bricks like he thought he was an all-star shooting guard.

JV. Well, he tried. Maybe give the guy with the 91% TS% this game a few more shots? Even his rebounding suffered with him having to help so often on defence (and with so many easy buckets leaving few rebounds to even grab) and with the nonsensical early offence and long jumpers when he's not in rebounding position. I don't recall JV actually getting a post up in those minutes where he was matched up against Turner. Maybe he got one?

Sigh. DeMar... He took 15 bad shots in this one. He hit four, but my recollection is that even those 4 were incredibly tough or long shots. He got blown by several times late in the game when the Raptors were trying to narrow that gap one last time. And at the same time was completely shooting the team out of the game, whenever the offence ran through him. He's not exactly making that max salary case this season had suggested he would. And no, Paul George is not an excuse. He's an excuse for not putting up points, but he's no excuse for taking bad shots.

I really thought Casey was going to sit DeMar in the 4th, run the offence through JV, and have a bunch of shooters (Lowry, Powell, Caroll, Patterson) out there to try to shoot us back in it. Running an all shooter lineup only works if you have someone to draw the defence in - the lineup tried late (with PP at C) didn't have that (well, DD was in theory that but we've all been watching George defending him, no one believed he'd be getting into the lane and kicking for threes), and on top of that was a disaster on the boards.

Others played poorly, CoJo was rough, Patterson had a bad game...

Yuck, yuck, yuck.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            And there you have it. Barolt we all knew, you especially, that our lack of ball movement was going to be the death of us. We thought we could get through round 1 without it but looks like we all might be wrong. But honestly why would we think that? Not with the defense indiana plays, I'm sorry. Oh and I said Demar was gonna struggle this whole series. Paul is too good of defender and Demar is too stubborn. Not a good combo
            DC is stubborn. DD is stubborn. Coincidence?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Does Casey have the cojones to bring DD off the bench?
              Does DD have the maturity too?

He seems like a guy who wouldn't respond to that very well

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                DC is stubborn. DD is stubborn. Coincidence?
                Like father like son.

Comment

• I'm at the point where just winning this series isn't enough. Winning a brutally tough series over a team with less talent? Not enough.

We're a #2 seed, we won 56 games and we're coming off two let downs and we heard a narrative about Lowry and DeMar saying last year 'Wouldn't happen'.

I want a contender. I want ECF or better. It's time to put up or shut up.

Comment

• DeMar and Kyle still feel like they're taking good shots and nothing more needs to change other than them hitting the shots they're taking. Also, says that he should've had '8 or 9 assists' but guys missed shots.

DeMar calling out people for missing shots. Priceless.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      For the love of Pete, that was craptacular.

What in the heck was all that pushing the ball up to try to score in transition? We forced early offence, turned the ball over, and took longer shots early in the clock, sabotaging our big men's ability to crash the boards. We played completely into the Pacers' hands. Even when we settled into a half court set, we barely ran screens and just drove recklessly into traffic, and no one seemed to know who to pass it to - and if you don't know that, you sure shouldn't be leaving your feet to pass.

Scola... Could this finally be the game that breaks the camel's back? Not really much to say here. It's physically painful to watch. It's a travesty. That start of the third should have ended with the game tied, or close at least, but we gained nothing holding Indy to poor shooting because of Scola tossing up bricks like he thought he was an all-star shooting guard.

JV. Well, he tried. Maybe give the guy with the 91% TS% this game a few more shots? Even his rebounding suffered with him having to help so often on defence (and with so many easy buckets leaving few rebounds to even grab) and with the nonsensical early offence and long jumpers when he's not in rebounding position. I don't recall JV actually getting a post up in those minutes where he was matched up against Turner. Maybe he got one?

Sigh. DeMar... He took 15 bad shots in this one. He hit four, but my recollection is that even those 4 were incredibly tough or long shots. He got blown by several times late in the game when the Raptors were trying to narrow that gap one last time. And at the same time was completely shooting the team out of the game, whenever the offence ran through him. He's not exactly making that max salary case this season had suggested he would. And no, Paul George is not an excuse. He's an excuse for not putting up points, but he's no excuse for taking bad shots.

I really thought Casey was going to sit DeMar in the 4th, run the offence through JV, and have a bunch of shooters (Lowry, Powell, Caroll, Patterson) out there to try to shoot us back in it. Running an all shooter lineup only works if you have someone to draw the defence in - the lineup tried late (with PP at C) didn't have that (well, DD was in theory that but we've all been watching George defending him, no one believed he'd be getting into the lane and kicking for threes), and on top of that was a disaster on the boards.

Others played poorly, CoJo was rough, Patterson had a bad game...

Yuck, yuck, yuck.
                      Lol all I can do is laugh so I don't lose it. Still think Casey, Scola and Demar won't be bad enough to get us kicked out the first round? Cause I sure don't. Cant believe even though we are by far the more talented team, we are the second seed and we had such a good season we STILL need to be worried about getting past the first round. This is sad man. Real sad
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        If it was up to me:

Start: KL, DD, DC, PP, JV
                        Bench: CJ, NP, TR, BB with JT in spot minutes if needed for foul trouble.

Demar has a VERY short lease. He hasn't done anything this series to actually deserve minutes and has actively shown that he doesn't deserve them. BB plays to give JV breathers or for foul trouble. Limit Lowry's shooting to end of shot clock or as bail outs for broken plays; he's too good of a distributer to not take advantage of it when his shooting is bad. Should also allow for more energy on the defensive end and take over in the fourth if needed.

Do this, we win the next two straight.
                        Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Personally, I think Scola shouldn't get any minutes

Start Lowry-DD-Carroll-PPat-JV with a bench lineup of Lowry-Cojo-Ross/Norm-DC/PPat-BB

Give DD a very very short leash, he hasn't shown the ability to deserve minutes in this series.
                        Only play BB if JV is very tired or in foul trouble, Casey should never be choosing BB over JV.
                        Tell Lowry to stop shooting so many threes, it's past the point of a cold streak, get inside and kick it out if you don't have the shot.
                        Smart minds think alike

Comment

• I'm watching the heat hornets game

And Miami is just a team full of douchebags. I hope hornets somehow knock them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Scola yes. DD no. As bad as he's been in this series. There's no way you can bench him.
                            Yeah, it's just not realistic to expect him to be benched. Especially in a contract year. Not only would he be unhappy, it would send a bad signal to the league.

The best thing to do would be to sub him out early, at the six minute mark. Then bring him on with CoJo to play vs the other team's subs. Then give him a rest until 4-5 minutes left in the half, and bring him back to close things out.

More and more teams (like OKC) are doing this to stagger their stars.

Comment

• Casey on DeMar and Kyle: "They're not going to continue to shoot like that."

Really Casey? Still punting on this one?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

DeMar and Kyle still feel like they're taking good shots and nothing more needs to change other than them hitting the shots they're taking. Also, says that he should've had '8 or 9 assists' but guys missed shots.

DeMar calling out people for missing shots. Priceless.
                                I hope someone brings a sign to next game thanking DeMar for his time in Toronto and wishing him well in LA next year. It's up to Casey to reign in DD in game 5 and 6. If Casey chooses not to reign in DD then he needs to be held to accept responsibility for this failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X