Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    We don't need to 'replace' DeMar. If DeMar leaves, we don't need another one, another high-usage shooting guard who loves ISOs and dominates the ball.

We can give the usage to guys like JV and Powell, and go to a wing rotation of shooters who play defense.
    Some posters aren't complex enough thinkers to grasp this kind of concept.

They can only think in terms of replacing a player by having a player at the same position playing the same way as a basis for their assessment

#sad

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Right. So who you gonna replace Demar with in the off-season? What all star are you going to get? This guy no matter what bad stretch he's going through is one of ours and would still consider singing here. That's huge for this franchise.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
      I'd rather see him leave than give the max to a player who simply isn't worth it

Comment

Right. So who you gonna replace Demar with in the off-season? What all star are you going to get? This guy no matter what bad stretch he's going through is one of ours and would still consider singing here. That's huge for this franchise.

Addition by subtraction?

And here's a question for you. Do you believe the Raptors can win (ECF or better) with Demar as their best player?

Comment

We don't need to 'replace' DeMar. If DeMar leaves, we don't need another one, another high-usage shooting guard who loves ISOs and dominates the ball.

We can give the usage to guys like JV and Powell, and go to a wing rotation of shooters who play defense.
          Powell played a handful of games this year. I'm not even comfortable giving him more usage. JV, yes, I 100% agree with you, but let's see how Powell holds up in more games before he gets the rock more.

Comment

A 2-time all star, 2nd on the franchise scoring list, an Olympian and he's still only 26. Yup, he's complete trash.

1. I never said complete trash.
            2. Meaningless accolades. Second all time in franchise scoring? WTF does that even mean? Was this franchise stacked with basketball legends for over 50 years that I should be impressed by that? Give me a break. Talk to me when he ever gets 3rd NBA team, or scores 20 points in a play off game.

Comment

Powell played a handful of games this year. I'm not even comfortable giving him more usage. JV, yes, I 100% agree with you, but let's see how Powell holds up in more games before he gets the rock more.

He doesn't have to get it 'more' though. You can run a post and ball movement offense through Lowry/CoJo/Wright/JV just fine, with guys like Carroll/Ross/Powell/Patterson filling the perimeter to hit open shots. In fact, Carroll, Ross and Patterson would thrive in that system.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

A 2-time all star, 2nd on the franchise scoring list, an Olympian and he's still only 26. Yup, he's complete trash.

Chris Kaman was an All-Star. Clearly we should trade JV for Kaman.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Addition by subtraction?

And here's a question for you. Do you believe the Raptors can win (ECF or better) with Demar as their best player?
                  I think Lowry is their best player, but I believe that Demar is a 1-A . I have more rose coloured glasses when it comes to Demar than others, so yes, I do think we can win with him. But, he's gotta have Lowry.

Comment

• He was All-Star reserve. Big deal.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Chris Kaman was an All-Star. Clearly we should trade JV for Kaman.
                      Kaman was a 1-time all-star, no? Demar already has him beat.

Comment

Kaman was a 1-time all-star, no? Demar already has him beat.

David Lee then? Two-time All-Star.

Roy Hibbert?

Derrick Rose made THREE All-Star games. We should go get him.

Comment

That's such a sorry argument why we should sign him. But we have to resign him now that we cant afford to let him go for nothing. My argument is that fans should have been open to trading Demar when it became clear he was a net negative and had an inefficient game. Instead fans bought into this Demar "loves" Toronto "he is ours" like what are you talking about man, its a business. Don't make it tough on GMs to trade players and have to answer the fans.

First of all, we need to get rid of the idea we need to "replace" Demar. No! we don't! We just need to build our offense around our already efficient big man. But that ship has sailed last season. Demar's going to be resigned regardless and we are going to have to go over this at least one more season, if we are lucky. By then, ya'll better hope his contract is trade-able.

Comment

David Lee then? Two-time All-Star.

Roy Hibbert?

Derrick Rose made THREE All-Star games. We should go get him.
                            Derrick Rose had injuries man come on.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Derrick Rose had injuries man come on.
                              My point is that the title of '2-time All-Star' means nothing in terms of leading to playoff success.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                He was All-Star reserve. Big deal.
                                Let's not go crazy; while I don't think he deserved it the first time he was named an all star...he absolutely did the second time.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X