Do we still have trust in Masai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Bostons offer was higher per year so Atlanta had to come and was still below "market" rate.
    Yup... it was the $$$. According to Woj (I believe), Atlanta was $6M short. They offered $136M / 5 years.. he wanted $142M.

Comment

If Durant signs there and we didn't even get a chance to make a pitch, that shows what the league thinks of our recent success and our core players.
      Boston has cap space without a flurry of trades. We don't.

That's what it shows me.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Yup... it was the $$$. According to Woj (I believe), Atlanta was $6M short. They offered $136M / 5 years.. he wanted $142M.
        Silly of ATL to quibble over 1M per year.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Will Boston extend amir?His second year was a team option.Could be a possible pickup.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
            Will Boston extend amir?His second year was a team option.Could be a possible pickup.
            Deadline is on the 7th for them to waive him or his money gets guaranteed. We'll know then if he is available. Would be a great option at the MLE, not sure what the market will look like at that point of free agency, might still command a lot more.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If Durant signs there and we didn't even get a chance to make a pitch, that shows what the league thinks of our recent success and our core players.
              Its simple math. We don't have Cap Room. Why would he entertain a meeting with us if we don't have cap roomÉ

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
                Will Boston extend amir?His second year was a team option.Could be a possible pickup.
                If they sign Durant, Amir will be available. If they don't, Ainge will in all likelihood pick up the option.

We can't afford Amir without opening up room, and even though Amir was the one Raptor I really liked for years, he'll command 8 figures and multiple years.

How much does MU trust his ankles? Not enough to keep him last offseason.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  Its simple math. We don't have Cap Room. Why would he entertain a meeting with us if we don't have cap roomÉ
                  It just sucks, for two years everyone has been waiting and dreaming on the Durant Free Agency hoping he comes to Toronto and we don't even get a meeting lol it just hurts a little

DD hasn't even technically signed right? So until he does, the Raptors still have that money and can make an offer to Durant as well can't they?
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Of course not, but the biggest targets are now unavailable. It looks like we're gonna settle for another stopgap solution at PF which would mean 3 years straight of not solving that issue.

Not to mention, other than signing Demar, getting a PF was the main goal this summer. If we have to settle for a Terrence Jones type, that's Masai completely failing at reaching our biggest goal.
                    At this point I would settle for a Terremce Jones type. There is no guarantee we even get that.

I'm really surprised that Masai apparently turned down a Ross for Noel trade. I know that DanH has done some Analysis and apparently he is better as a C than a PF but I would have liked to add his shot blocking and defence.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      At this point I would settle for a Terremce Jones type. There is no guarantee we even get that.

I'm really surprised that Masai apparently turned down a Ross for Noel trade. I know that DanH has done some Analysis and apparently he is better as a C than a PF but I would have liked to add his shot blocking and defence.
                      I also saw reports that it wasn't a straight-up trade. Philly wanted more than Ross, and that the offer was originally even more than just Ross, but Philly wanted better sweetener. My guess is they wanted multiple picks/young players on top of Ross.

And yeah, Noel is not a good enough fit to roll the dice on that. Noel is one of those "tough to find a fit" guys and our team seems far from a natural fit.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        1. JP playing is not the issue. Him playing the 4 is.... He's a pure center.
                        We've all convinced ourself that JP can play the 4 because he is a mobile centre.

I think that's quite hopeful. And we obviously hope it's the case because we have a big hole at the 4. He's a 7'1" centre. Never seen him listed as a power forward anywhere. How many 7'1" centres are currently playing PF in the NBA? How many players do it straight out of college?

I think the far more realistic scenario is him being a back up and hopefully in time a quality back up so that our 5 is totally locked down. And perhaps given the opposition utilizing a twin tower approach we could maybe match up with both of them (if that was the plan though I think I would prefer a defence first shot blocker - why not Noel?) But I think the idea that we could see a lot of JV and JP playing together is a bit fanciful.

I of course hope It is possible.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          It just sucks, for two years everyone has been waiting and dreaming on the Durant Free Agency hoping he comes to Toronto and we don't even get a meeting lol it just hurts a little

DD hasn't even technically signed right? So until he does, the Raptors still have that money and can make an offer to Durant as well can't they?
                          We would have to trade away pieces to offer him the max. We still wouldn't have enough space.

Comment

• Where theres a will theres a way lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Boston has cap space without a flurry of trades. We don't.

That's what it shows me.
                              And how much cap space does Miami have? Or the Clippers?

I can understand the basketball reasons for GSW, OKC and SA being ahead of us, but we were just indirectly told by the best UFA that we are still below teams like Miami, Boston and the Clippers when it comes to championship aspirations.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Plus where is Drake? Isn't this his time as global ambassador?
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X