Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    Boogie would be stupid to ask for a trade now. He can get a super-max extension under the new CBA by just holding tight. Then ask for a trade after he's gotten his $$$.
    Or just stay once he has the extension. Boogie and the Kings make the most beautiful dysfunctional couple. A match made in, not heaven, but definitely Sacramento.
    Last edited by 3inthekeon; Wed Dec 21st, 2016, 07:52 PM.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

    Comment


    • Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Kyle/Deebo fit the type of player they are talking about. Boogie wasn't a problem on team USA and he wouldn't be one in Toronto either.

      Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      You need to stop comparing things like playing on team USA to playing for an NBA team. It's really far from being the same thing that it doesn't make any kind of point to bring it up.

      Comment


      • Boogie fully deserved to get ejected for that mouthpiece tech. There is no way that was an accident. It's a testament to how pathetic and broken officiating is in this league that they reversed the call.

        Please do not waste assets on this guy Masai. Wait for a better opportunity.

        Personally, I'd hang onto my assets until someone like Anthony Davis or Paul George demand a trade. The Pelicans have been managed horribly and it really just seems a matter of time before Davis wants out. George is just hitting his prime years and Indiana is a treadmill team right now. Not sure what kind of patience he'll have in Indiana. Either way these guys are both true professionals and you won't have to question their character.

        And you never know who else might randomly pop up on the market. We're in a good spot right now with no need to make a move so risky as trading for Cousins. Sure with a team as good as ours any move would entail pretty big risk, but all the more reasons not to gut assets for a guy like him, because the flip side to the higher risk as a good team is that a good team should never feel backed into a corner to make a move.

        We're a borderline contender. Even as is, with a little luck we might win one. A couple of injuries to key players and who knows what could happen? Even GSW won a ring beating teams missing key players (they might have won one anyway, but no way to know for sure).

        Comment


        • Here's my 2c on the trade targets that seem to be at the center of much of the discussion lately...

          Nerlens Noel - may or may not be worth the risk if the cost is very small ie/ Corey or Delon plus maybe Bebe (NO picks). Upside: he has all the tools to be a truly ELITE defender (no Bebe is not near his level, that's as big of joke as saying JV is the same as Marc Gasol, there are similarities but there are levels to this). He is VERY quick for a big man, plays perimeter defence both for steals, getting in passing and being able to run out to contest jumpers much better than Bebe and that could make a huge defence not to mention being much more explosive leaper and quicker to dive to the basket on the PnR. His skillset for the way WE use our bigmen is ideal. We can blab about JV's offence til the cows come home but we simply do not and will not use him enough on a consistent basis to validate his cinder block feet on defence.

          Downside - outside of recent interviews and footage which could just be a very much needed change of scenary, Noel really doesn't come off as a team oriented player in interviews I listened to of his time in UK and highschool. Much of his conversation is about himself and what a star he wants to be. Granted most of the interviews probably are prompting him to talk about himself but still usually team oriented players will elude to just wanting to win games etc. Didn't get that from him but who knows. But I really don't think his "downside" is anywhere near as bad as some ppl make. I think at worst he ends up like Markieff who was actually much worse with altercations etc but his upside is far greater. Since moving to WAS, MM hasn't become a stud but you don't hear of any issues there and I think especially with respected older players like Kyle, DC and DD that he wouldn't act up but I do think it could easily be a "Biz 2.0" where he can work himself into a price bracket we won't want

          DeMarcus Cousins - much like Noel I do think it's just a case of change of scenary being overdue and with vets (and friends) like Kyle and DeMar that he admits he respects and has obv friendship with DD, I 100% he could find away to at least be bearable. The upside here is the obvious infusion of a clear go to scorer in the post area and some relief off of DeMar and Kyle in terms of defensive coverage not being able to leave Cousins. The other huge thing would be the amount of league wide attention a move for him would create. We are finally creeping into ESPN more and slowly getting noticed because we are becoming the clear #2 in the conference. It is a whole new story line to bring an elite scoring big man to the 2nd place team that is only a few games behind CLE and took them to 6 games.

          The downside here imo is not actually the attitude or chemistry, I think that would work out just fine in the end. The real issue here, at least my take, is that he does not solve any of our issues or weaknesses. DMC is not a very good defender, not very slow but lacks consistent effort there and he is end of day more a ME player than a WE player so I see him stepping up to help but not looking to get others going. He has shown that he can pass but it doesnt seem that he looks often. Because of that I think he would have a Blake-like effect where he makes us better but not much because what he brings is more overlap than anything.

          The guy that I actually think would be close to the best fit would actually be, believe or not, MARC GASOL

          Comment


          • Noel and Cousins are two dumb men. I dont want to cheer for them.

            Gasol, yes, please.

            Comment


            • Also as aside I see the vast majority of people throwing Delon Wright's name in as the trade bait more than Corey and I really think that just reflects on how poor of a job I think Casey has done to this point in getting Wright incorporated into our team. This was our higher pick and flame away --- but I 100% believe if given the PT, Delon would prove to be the BETTER back up over CoJo.

              Delon simply has not been given the time to showcase his talents.

              Whats crazy to me is Delon was given the Bruno treatment and in spite of that, when we needed to rest Kyle at the end of the season, stepped in and looked like the lead back up quite easily. It was like he played the entire season as first PG off the bench and yet he was thrown in and stepped up -- looked much better than Corey imo. He was having 16-18ppg and probably 5-6 rebs and assists, he looked legit in those games. That's what is a trip to me because imagine how good he may look if he was in fact the first guy off the bench at PG...

              Wright was like Denzel Valentine in college, except where Valentine excelled at the 3ball, Delon was elite on defence. Delon was considered one of the top defenders in the country and from what I recall was even supposed to be ahead of Powell as one in college. Corey is very solid but think of adding a PG that is almost Powell like in defence that is 6 foot 5 but has a similar feel for the game like Valentine. That's what we have...but we don't play him. I could imagine if he got consistent minutes as the back up and what it would do for his confidence and comfort on the floor. He already looked that solid when he stepped in at the end of season....if got those minutes, again that's where I think we would see he is the better back up. Not sure how quickly he will get back in form after the injury but he is also young and learning like Norm, I think Delon would really surprise people here how good he is if he was actually given the chance.

              Comment


              • Also just to “Poke the Bear” lol...



                Max thinks DMC could be the best player on a championship team...

                Comment


                • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Also just to “Poke the Bear” lol...



                  Max thinks DMC could be the best player on a championship team...
                  If he gets his shit together, I agree with Max. But I still think AD is the best big man in the NBA... at least for now.

                  Comment


                  • Delon won the Bob cousy award. He and fvv can run a team and protect the ball. It's fine. Fvv is too small but pg3 is a fit. Delon is a pg2. They won't be ready for primetime but norm should be the third ball handler anyway imo.

                    Noel is immature, arrogant and eccentric but boogie has mental health issues. Like Lowry was immature and made poor decisions but metta world peace was actually sick.

                    Nobody is interested in favors? The contract situation in Utah might make him available. He, noel, ibaka and millsap have been top defenders the past few seasons. Ibaka is old and millsap is stuck.
                    Orlando is fucked and desperately needs scoring.
                    Ross for Gordon?
                    Or Ross + 1st for Gordon + Mario
                    Then send Mario + delon for noel.
                    I wasn't a big fan of Gordon at Arizona. Seemed like an athlete with not much skill. Perhaps summer school with demar is what he needs?
                    I'd rather trade cory than Ross tho.

                    Comment


                    • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      Also as aside I see the vast majority of people throwing Delon Wright's name in as the trade bait more than Corey and I really think that just reflects on how poor of a job I think Casey has done to this point in getting Wright incorporated into our team. This was our higher pick and flame away --- but I 100% believe if given the PT, Delon would prove to be the BETTER back up over CoJo.

                      Delon simply has not been given the time to showcase his talents.

                      Whats crazy to me is Delon was given the Bruno treatment and in spite of that, when we needed to rest Kyle at the end of the season, stepped in and looked like the lead back up quite easily. It was like he played the entire season as first PG off the bench and yet he was thrown in and stepped up -- looked much better than Corey imo. He was having 16-18ppg and probably 5-6 rebs and assists, he looked legit in those games. That's what is a trip to me because imagine how good he may look if he was in fact the first guy off the bench at PG...

                      Wright was like Denzel Valentine in college, except where Valentine excelled at the 3ball, Delon was elite on defence. Delon was considered one of the top defenders in the country and from what I recall was even supposed to be ahead of Powell as one in college. Corey is very solid but think of adding a PG that is almost Powell like in defence that is 6 foot 5 but has a similar feel for the game like Valentine. That's what we have...but we don't play him. I could imagine if he got consistent minutes as the back up and what it would do for his confidence and comfort on the floor. He already looked that solid when he stepped in at the end of season....if got those minutes, again that's where I think we would see he is the better back up. Not sure how quickly he will get back in form after the injury but he is also young and learning like Norm, I think Delon would really surprise people here how good he is if he was actually given the chance.
                      To my knowledge they drafted Wright to be a backup pg, then got the opportunity to get cojo. Still, seems like they should have had a better plan in the off season, cause they literally wasted a pick at this point (ik Wright is hurt, but I don't see him getting minutes with the 2 guards ahead of him). I still think Wright will be better than cojo, cause he is the better at running an offense and uses his size well to find guys. Shame he may not get a chance to show how good he is until his third or fourth year in the league.

                      Comment


                      • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                        Noel and Cousins are two dumb men. I dont want to cheer for them.

                        Gasol, yes, please.
                        Gasol and Jared.S would be the perfect fit

                        Gasol's only weakness is rebounding, Jared is AMAZING at rebounding

                        Lowry - Cojo
                        DeRozan - Powell
                        Carroll - Ross
                        Sulligner - Pascal
                        Gasol - Bebe

                        Jv + Patterson + both picks 2017 + 2018 second for Gasol
                        Abbas wrote:

                        First of all i was my own source

                        Comment


                        • Abbas wrote: View Post
                          Gasol and Jared.S would be the perfect fit

                          Gasol's only weakness is rebounding, Jared is AMAZING at rebounding

                          Lowry - Cojo
                          DeRozan - Powell
                          Carroll - Ross
                          Sulligner - Pascal
                          Gasol - Bebe

                          Jv + Patterson + both picks 2017 + 2018 second for Gasol
                          Sorry for my language but what the fucking fuck??? No.

                          Comment


                          • Machine wrote: View Post
                            Sorry for my language but what the fucking fuck??? No.
                            I would seriously think about it

                            Comment


                            • charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              I would seriously think about it
                              Same...that reaction actually makes little sense to me. That proposed team would be a true contender that actually has a chance to win it all, not sure what more you could want...

                              Comment


                              • Omg for some reason i thought he meant pau gasol. Dont know what i was thinking. But yeah I still wouldnt do it. He still wouldnt get the touches on offense the way we play and hes not the type of rim protector we are missing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X