Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Rockets defense will be a huge issue come playoff time.
    Analytics for you. They are putting all of their eggs in the offence basket

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      When Mike D'Antoni is the coach, defense doesn't matter.

Comment

• FYI guys like Woj or Stein pretty much always break a trade before a player tweets it, sometimes the first a player even hears of it is seeing it on Twitter. I'm sure it's there before an agent can get a hold of his client sometimes.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
          When Mike D'Antoni is the coach, defense doesn't matter.
          True. But in the playoffs defense wins series. If you just plan on out scoring your opponent most often you're eliminated.

Comment

• Houston's DRTG is ahead of the Cavs, Raptors, and Celtics. Would they win the East?
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• That's a lot of fire power on Houston...
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I'd argue that their eggs were always in the offensive basket. This just gives them another egg.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Houston's DRTG is ahead of the Cavs, Raptors, and Celtics. Would they win the East?
                  probably

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    That's a lot of fire power on Houston...
                    Houstons stacked. But harden led teams seem to choke in the playoffs. I have my doubts they can get past San antonio and reach the conf finals until they prove it
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Houstons stacked. But harden led teams seem to choke in the playoffs. I have my doubts they can get past San antonio and reach the conf finals until they prove it
                      that's fair...the team has potential
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Yes, my point was since we have huge minutes eaters on the wing and PG, we should be utilizing cheap depth ont he wing and at PG. We have PG set up nicely if we move Cory, but Carroll is as big a commitment financially as JV and less important to the team.

Yeah, good luck with avoiding the tax entirely unless you are getting rid of JV, Cory AND Carroll.
                        We have sully/bebe/yak/Ibaka that all have experience at the 5. Our only true SF is DMC. He's also playing 40 mins at the 4 lately. JV played 20 mins last game. You have to play DD/norm/Delon out of position at SF. None are true 3s.
                        We will see but I imagine Ibaka will be making $25m and playing some mins at the 5, with cheap backup options.
                        To trade DMC you have to find a team willing and then attach another asset. Now we have no true SF and lost an asset. Presumably we get something back for Demarre + asset and I suppose that's a SF but I'd guess it's a very crappy player for $5m or less.
                        I'm open to trade DMC but what's the return and who else are we giving up? Suggestions?
                        At the same time, with the glut of bigs on the market, might be hard to trade JV too. In terms of replacement, if he's only used for boards, screens and a 3/4 option on offense then we got that in sully-type with an mle. That saves $.

Comment

• Lets say JV, Cojo and Carroll have really GOOD playoff numbers and we lose in the ECF in game 7 against Cavs

Now we trade all three in the off season to free up cap space and sign better free agents

what do you think we can get for them ?
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                            Lets say JV, Cojo and Carroll have really GOOD playoff numbers and we lose in the ECF in game 7 against Cavs

Now we trade all three in the off season to free up cap space and sign better free agents

For the cap space? Not much. Demar plus the young guys under contract is about $41mm. Cap holds for Kyle/Serge/Pat are about $48mm. So you'd have $13mm to work with before re-signing those three. That's assuming we take on exactly zero salary from dumping Carroll/CoJo/Jonas, which is very unlikely.

Zach Lowe believes we'll try to dump Carroll or maybe Jonas to reduce the tax bill, but I think cap space for free agency is no longer viable for us without serious re-tooling.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              Lets say JV, Cojo and Carroll have really GOOD playoff numbers and we lose in the ECF in game 7 against Cavs

A team going all in can't usually cut cap to sign a big name without blowing it up and in that scenario,why would the guy sign? Best bet is they trade those guys for someone(s).

Comment

• I think it's time to trade DMC for a legit starting SF or a backup C.

1) With Washington
                                Toronto out: DMC, Pascal Siakam
                                Toronto in: Otto Porter, Andre Nicholson

2) With Indiana
                                Toronto out: DMC, Cory Joseph, Jakob Poeltl, 2017 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, 2018 1st round pick
                                Toronto in: Paul George, Kevin Seraphin

3) With Phoenix
                                Toronto out: DMC, Jared Sullinger, 2017 1st round pick
                                Toronto in: Jared Dudled, PJ Tucker

4) With Portland
                                Toronto out: DMC, 2017 1st round pick
                                Toronto in: AFA, Festus Ezeli

5) With Utah
                                Toronto out: DMC, Jared Sullinger
                                Toronto in: Joe Johnson, Boris Diaw

6) With Brooklyn
                                Toronto out: DMC, Jared Sullinger
                                Toronto in: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Trevor Booker

Comment

Working...