Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    While they don't necessarily need floor spacing from the C position, they need to have someone who can defend the 1-5 pick and roll. Jonas doesn't have the foot speed to do so, and BeBe hasn't shown that he's able to consistently be able to effectively defend switching on the PnR. The Raptors will (hopefully) end up having to play Cleveland (Irving/Thompson), Boston (Thomas/Interchangeable), or Washington (Wall/Gortat) that can run the 1-5 PnR with a PG that can pull up and make the jumper, and/or fast enough to necessitate a switch on the PnR.

Ibaka will likely help with the 1-5 PnR defense, especially paired with Patterson, but you can't just glue Jonas and Bebe to the bench for the game.
    When it comes to Cleveland, the biggest concern will be the Love and Frye combo, luckily we have Pat and Ibaka to counter that now. JV will continue to play against TT for rebounding purposes. If you play Pat and Ibaka against TT, he'll dominate the glass.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Does Van Vleet have any trade value whatsoever? He's one step up from the mop girl.
      I think so. There are teams that have players that can't play at all on their rosters. He would be an upgrade for backup point guard for a few teams. It would have to be a 2nd round pick with a lot of restrictions on it. But, I think he's done enough to stay in the league, and trading him for roster space would save a bit vs cutting him.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
        I think so. There are teams that have players that can't play at all on their rosters. He would be an upgrade for backup point guard for a few teams. It would have to be a 2nd round pick with a lot of restrictions on it. But, I think he's done enough to stay in the league, and trading him for roster space would save a bit vs cutting him.
        I'd rather trade Cory and keep Fred. Clears up cap for resigning everyone in the summer and it removes our worst rotational player. (Maybe not as bad as Bebe but still really bad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• What about Cory for Shumpert?

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
            What about Cory for Shumpert?
            Do rival teams trade with each other? Old school part of me says no.
            Was thinking about celts signing Hayward and we snag Crowder but my instinct said can't trade with celts.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Do rival teams trade with each other? Old school part of me says no.
              Was thinking about celts signing Hayward and we snag Crowder but my instinct said can't trade with celts.
              Yeah zero interest in helping cleveland
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                so, with Love out, how long before LBJ and the league manufacture a trade for Melo?
                As stupid as it sounds, I can see Cavs doing Melo for Love deal NOW. James might be desperate.

Comment

• Cojo is pretty much the same as Greivis Vasquez in terms of trade value right?

Can we find another unsuspecting GM and get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him like we did with Greivis?

Note: Since that trade Greivis has only played in 26 NBA games.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    Cojo is pretty much the same as Greivis Vasquez in terms of trade value right?

Can we find another unsuspecting GM and get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him like we did with Greivis?

Leaving Toronto visibly sucked the life out of him.

Comment

Grand Larceny is a felony. Masai's boarder privileges will assuredly be revoked. He's lucky Trump wasn't Tiny Hands in Chief when he looted Milwaukee.

Comment

I feel bad for Greivis.. injuries killed him

Comment

Probably very similar but that Milwaukee trade was crazy.

Comment

• I love Bill Simmons' characterization of Vasquez as an "irrational confidence guy", lol.

We all have that one buddy who sucks at sports, but has an inexplicable Jordan-esque swagger.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I love Bill Simmons' characterization of Vasquez as an "irrational confidence guy", lol.

We all have that one buddy who sucks at sports, but has an inexplicable Jordan-esque swagger.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I can't remember the last time I read Doug using the phrase "league sources", so maybe this has an ounce of value, but it probably means you can say goodbye to a couple of our young assets:

Raptors

HAVE: League sources insist Toronto will not give away any more young assets such as Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl, Lucas Nogueira, Pascal Siakam, Norm Powell or Fred VanVleet, but that doesn’t mean a package can’t be put together. They have the expiring contract of Jared Sullinger, another 2017 first-round draft pick and a glut of point guards they could put together.

NEED: The roster imbalance was addressed by the departure of wing Terrence Ross for Ibaka, but Toronto still could use an offensively creative big small forward.
                                https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...line-buzz.html

Comment

Working...
                                X