Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What about swaggy p for Sullinger and a second round pick? It was suggested on bleacher report

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post
      I think whoever we get for wing depth will be exactly that - we don't have more rotation minutes to go around. I think they'll be cheap, or expiring, and I think the cost to get them will be minimal. Because we have a full rotation right now.

      Alternatively, if the team moves Carroll now, maybe they find a longer term defensive big wing option.

      I could see PJ Tucker as a cheap rental. Or Aminu as a cheaper long term bench wing defender if the team finds a taker for Carroll. Not sure what they'd give up in either deal - maybe Sully and BeBe for Aminu would work to help POR shed salary and add a big. Same could go for Tucker, though ideally you hold onto assets to be able to pay the price it will cost to shed salaries this summer.
      Portland saves $5-6m and we gain that $, still with DMC on the books. That's not a lot of $ for the blazers and the return is poor. I think they tuck that in their hat and keep looking.
      For us, we still need a home for Carroll and lost an asset in bebe that we can potentially attach to him. if it is Carroll that goes, I think it will be in the summer, to a team with cap space and reasonably paid vet SF in exchange for picks/prospects. So like Carroll + asset(s) for roco saves $15m+. Then use a 2nd Rd pick on a jarom blossomgame-type. Don't see Philly doing it but it's an example. The point is that I think it's all one move rather than sending assets to two places, at different times. More complicated, risky and expensive.
      Anyway, we gotta see them play with Ibaka. JV might not get many mins. Carroll might play better than he has to this point.

      Comment


      • lewro wrote: View Post
        Portland saves $5-6m and we gain that $, still with DMC on the books. That's not a lot of $ for the blazers and the return is poor. I think they tuck that in their hat and keep looking.
        For us, we still need a home for Carroll and lost an asset in bebe that we can potentially attach to him. if it is Carroll that goes, I think it will be in the summer, to a team with cap space and reasonably paid vet SF in exchange for picks/prospects. So like Carroll + asset(s) for roco saves $15m+. Then use a 2nd Rd pick on a jarom blossomgame-type. Don't see Philly doing it but it's an example. The point is that I think it's all one move rather than sending assets to two places, at different times. More complicated, risky and expensive.
        Anyway, we gotta see them play with Ibaka. JV might not get many mins. Carroll might play better than he has to this point.
        well thats sort of the problem isn't it? there's no time to see them play with Ibaka if you want to make a move now.

        At this point I'm jumping on any sequence of moves involving Carroll and lower-value prospects/picks that brings back a cheaper wing option.

        Comment


        • Dunno if this was posted but it makes sense to trade Jimmy now so the bulls have time to tank. However, I think part of their thinking was getting the kings pick which seems out of the question now.
          From a raps perspective, the boogie deal may have impacted the Jimmy trade which improves Boston and almost certainly it prevents the bulls from getting the kings lotto pick, which we already struggle with the bulls.
          For all the guys pissed about boogie, we aren't the biggest loser and it might help us a bit too.

          Comment


          • golden wrote: View Post
            The east is still bad but it wasn't going to suck epicly forever. It's becoming evident that the Raps have been living a charmed life for the past 4 seasons.
            The east has made good strides in the last couple years...Cleveland is still the big dog but it's not a lead pipe cinch they go 12 and 1 in the eastern playoffs. They are going to have to work much harder this year to get to the finals and an upset is a 20% possibility.

            The Raps...Celts...Hawks.. Whiz are pretty good teams in the 2nd tier.Indy is OK. Detroit and the Bucks are better even if their records aren't as good as last year. The Bulls and Knicks and even the Heat aren't total crap but the sixers and Nets are still almost guaranteed win nights.


            Out West the Warriors are the big dog. No surprise there...but the next group of Spurs Rockets Clips Grizz, OKC and Jazz are arguably on the same level as the easts 2nd tier except for the Spurs who just seem to be able to win when it matters...

            The rest of the vaunted west are pretty crappy. Crappier than the east and that helps fuel some of those inflated records of the top 7. Suns, Kings, Lakers are really crappy on the same scale as the Hinkies and Nets. The timberpups are crappy because they just can't win games. The trailblazers were a one hit wonder last year and have returned to their level. The mavericks are bad as are the Pelicans even with cousins. The nuggets are on par with the Heat and Knicks but they are in the playoffs.

            The flippant remarks about the "Least" will be far less than they once were...
            And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

            Comment


            • KHD wrote: View Post
              well thats sort of the problem isn't it? there's no time to see them play with Ibaka if you want to make a move now.

              At this point I'm jumping on any sequence of moves involving Carroll and lower-value prospects/picks that brings back a cheaper wing option.
              The moves discussed seem to keep Carroll and add Tucker, Aminu, etc. Then figure it out later.
              Everytime we talk about this I say id like to hear a Carroll pitch but nothing comes. Maybe Dallas listens? I think if you want to move him ASAP it might cost yak or Delon and maybe a 1st too. Personally, I'm not pulling the trigger on that today, unless it's a great SF, which seems doubtful.
              If JV kills it with Ibaka then yak is a good chip but I gotta see it to believe.

              Comment


              • lewro wrote: View Post
                The moves discussed seem to keep Carroll and add Tucker, Aminu, etc. Then figure it out later.
                Everytime we talk about this I say id like to hear a Carroll pitch but nothing comes. Maybe Dallas listens? I think if you want to move him ASAP it might cost yak or Delon and maybe a 1st too. Personally, I'm not pulling the trigger on that today, unless it's a great SF, which seems doubtful.
                If JV kills it with Ibaka then yak is a good chip but I gotta see it to believe.
                I don't consider Jakob / Delon / 1st to be "lower-value" assets.

                I'm just saying if the opportunity arises and you can trade 2nd rounders / Joseph (sorry, but wtf happened Cory?) / Siakam type of players along with Carroll and you get back a cheaper wing I'd do that because I don't foresee a better opportunity arising in the summer.

                Plus i have my own bias of course. I think Carroll is just a poor player in almost every regard and if he wasn't making 15M i find it hard to imagine he'd even play.

                Comment


                • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Aldridge quote:



                  .......

                  I think it's probably 50/50 a negotiating stance and the truth. Jae Crowder has one of the best contracts in the NBA, so while his performance isn't star-like (but still great, he has one of the best on/off ratings on the Celtics), that chunk of cap gives outsized value for three full years after this. He earns $7.8mm in 2019-20, no player option.

                  Danny Ainge has certainly been known to refuse deals on very specific points, which is why Jaylen Brown is a Celtic.
                  If you're going to rebuild then Crowder's contract will be expiring in a few years just when you need it. He'll also be older and he'll help you win games along the way to keep you on the treadmill. Otherwise, the Bulls should be looking at Crowder to flip him later as an asset to a contender, like the Raps or Clips. But even then, those type of teams don't have high picks. Or it could be to an up and coming team like the Sixers. Unless the Bulls have another trade lined up, I'm not sure that Crowder's such an important long-term piece. Sounds more like the Celts trying to stir up enough sh*t to hopefully drive a wedge between Butler and the front office.

                  Comment


                  • Aldridge says one thing on Butler......Stein who is every bit as credible if not more than DA is saying this


                    Marc Stein: I’ve also heard that Michael Reinsdorf, who’s Jerry Reinsford son and is basically in charge, doesn’t want to trade Butler under any circumstance

                    The NBA trade deadline has more horseshit than the stalls at Woodbine.
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Feb 22, 2017, 02:17 PM.
                    And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                    Comment


                    • KHD wrote: View Post
                      I don't consider Jakob / Delon / 1st to be "lower-value" assets.

                      I'm just saying if the opportunity arises and you can trade 2nd rounders / Joseph (sorry, but wtf happened Cory?) / Siakam type of players along with Carroll and you get back a cheaper wing I'd do that because I don't foresee a better opportunity arising in the summer.

                      Plus i have my own bias of course. I think Carroll is just a poor player in almost every regard and if he wasn't making 15M i find it hard to imagine he'd even play.
                      If you can convince someone today to take on Carroll for siakam or 2nd (50ish) or take $23m of Cory+ Carroll then masai needs to hire you. First name in mind is Metta world Peace but Lakers don't have cap.

                      We just need to hope DMC plays better imo. He'll be easier to move with better play, less $/yrs and the cap rising.

                      I'm down for whatever sully + 2nd buys us right now. If we're trading a 1st then it better be more than a Tucker type.

                      Comment



                      • Comment


                        • Man if only these guys had become available last year. I bet we could have sold the sizzle of the Knicks pick, and Jonas before there was a centre glut. Now that their value is diminished I don't think we have the assets to nab a guy like Butler or George.

                          Comment


                          • man if butler and george are really on the market i hope Boston gets neither of them. would love to see all those assets turn to dust on them.

                            Comment


                            • Scraptor wrote: View Post
                              Man if only these guys had become available last year. I bet we could have sold the sizzle of the Knicks pick, and Jonas before there was a centre glut. Now that their value is diminished I don't think we have the assets to nab a guy like Butler or George.
                              Bulls mightve wanted JV but I don't see it in Indy. It's true tho that the pick at the deadline last yr would have had a lot of value bc it could have been higher than 9.

                              Comment


                              • rocwell wrote: View Post

                                I would give them my own kids for Paul George, just have to figure out the salaries.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X