Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    You know what?

I have a hunch the Celtics are going to make a trade for a crunch-time scorer.... and if Masai is smart, he'll find a way to make it a 3-team trade...... and get his hands on Kelly Olynyk.
    If this happens it will be Boston in the ecf not us. It's gonna be hard enough to beat them as is

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      If this happens it will be Boston in the ecf not us. It's gonna be hard enough to beat them as is
      Boston..as is...shouldn't worry the Raps.
      In a seven game series they don't worry the Hornets either.
      As for Ainge making THE TRADE...they have been waiting on that for 3 years now.
      Maybe this is the year..maybe not. Depends on who is available and what the asking price is.

If Sacto stays in the hunt for the 8th slot out west it's going to take a lot for Vivek to agree to what is brought in for him to miss big money home playoff dates.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Dec 31, 2016, 12:51 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

Paul George really unhappy in Indiana at the moment. Been comparing the current team to their ecf ones unfavourably... And for good reason. Indiana still has him locked uo for a couple years I believe but wonder if they'd trade. I'm mobile right now so can't post the articles but there are reliable ones from SLAM, yahoo sports and other sites on the issues he's having.
        Do you think Indiana would do this:

2 first round picks in 2017 ( Ours and Clippers).
        2 second round picks
        DC
        Cojo
        Powell

For PG ...

Having PG, DD, KL and JV makes us contender in the east.
        Last edited by McRealistic; Sat Dec 31, 2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Duplicated ...
          Last edited by McRealistic; Sat Dec 31, 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

2 second round picks
            DC
            Cojo
            Powell

For PG ...

Not a chance. If Larry Bird does trade Paul George, it will be for a larger return. He's probably a top 5 two-way player in this league. If those were better picks then maybe but two late firsts, two fringe starters and a prospect isn't exactly a good haul.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post

2 second round picks
              DC
              Cojo
              Powell

For PG ...

That'd be selling really really low I think.

Larry Bird most likely isn't looking to trade Paul George so an unsolicited offer to get him would have to be pretty compelling.

He is a top tier SF/PF who can score inside and from the arc and play lock down defense. He is 26 years old. Which makes him pretty much the gold standard for the brand of ball that is playing at this juncture in the NBA. Wrapped up in all that skill is the offseason and offcourt stuff that you don't have to worry about. Like him getting into some kind of issue at a bar in 4AM over something stupid.

I don't think the Raptors have or would be willing to ante up what Indy would expect to get as even openers. I think they would like Kyle and Ppat and one of Powell/Ross and one but most likely two high lottery picks which we don't have. Its within Larrys purvey to set the bar that high.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Paul George really unhappy in Indiana at the moment. Been comparing the current team to their ecf ones unfavourably... And for good reason. Indiana still has him locked uo for a couple years I believe but wonder if they'd trade. I'm mobile right now so can't post the articles but there are reliable ones from SLAM, yahoo sports and other sites on the issues he's having.
                Winning cures everything. Watch to the end: https://mobile.twitter.com/FSIndiana...434496/video/1

PG isn't getting dealt unless the Pacers completely implode. From Zach Lowe:

Larry Bird isn't returning calls on Paul George with a friendly new CBA on the way, according to teams who have inquired.
                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...uke-walton-nba

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  You know what?

I have a hunch the Celtics are going to make a trade for a crunch-time scorer.... and if Masai is smart, he'll find a way to make it a 3-team trade...... and get his hands on Kelly Olynyk.
                  Kelly Olynyk?! reall ?! I rather keep Bebe and I think Poeltl will be better then him.

If Boston makes a trade, it would avoid making one with the Raptors involved.

Comment

• Nobody is getting PG unless you are going to blow Bird's socks off with equal or greater value at which point the Raptors do not have.

Comment

• I think the only way you get Paul George off Indy is by selling Bird on a Turner-JV frontcourt long-term. Valanciunas would be the central piece in the trade then you include probably Ross, prospects and/or picks and take back CJ Miles to make money work.

Could follow that up by making a move for Noel to shore up the center spot again. Would be kind of weird to have George and Carroll since both of them are kind of skinny 3s who don't really want to play the 4 much but I suppose we could make it work with Carroll playing more PF than he has been.

Comment

I think the only way you get Paul George off Indy is by selling Bird on a Turner-JV frontcourt long-term. Valanciunas would be the central piece in the trade then you include probably Ross, prospects and/or picks and take back CJ Miles to make money work.

Could follow that up by making a move for Noel to shore up the center spot again. Would be kind of weird to have George and Carroll since both of them are kind of skinny 3s who don't really want to play the 4 much but I suppose we could make it work with Carroll playing more PF than he has been.
                        Doubt a PG trade will happen, but it is fun to think about. A Lowry, Powell, PG, Patterson and Noel lineup will be lethal defensively.

Comment

I think the only way you get Paul George off Indy is by selling Bird on a Turner-JV frontcourt long-term. Valanciunas would be the central piece in the trade then you include probably Ross, prospects and/or picks and take back CJ Miles to make money work.

Can someone pls explain to me WHY would the Pacers trade PG for JV? c'mon man.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

In one thread you're slagging JV's defence and comparing him to Enes Kanter and now he's the central piece to get a 3 time all-NBA player in his prime.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              In one thread you're slagging JV's defence and comparing him to Enes Kanter and now he's the central piece to get a 3 time all-NBA player in his prime.
                              He's just practicing for his next career opportunity: Federal Politician

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                My post was a response to the trade above mine that didn't send out much value at all. I'm not saying that Indiana WOULD do that trade. But you'd at least need to move JV and sell Bird on Turner-JV to have any kind of chance of getting a deal done.

Comment

Working...
                                X