Everything 2017 Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Lowry's market has definitely narrowed with the Paul deal. Toronto may not have to give up that fifth year at this rate.
    Just listening to the dunc'd on FA mock pod. Dan Feldman is our GM. Our goal is a culture change and our objective is to retain Casey, and sign Lowry+ Ibaka. This comment drew laughter from the whole panel.
    Lowry was offered 4/$120m by Houston. Lowry demanded we beat that offer and we declined. Lowry signed with the rockets.

Comment

• There's always a possibility the market will stabilize after last year's money frenzy with the new cap. Team's starting to realize throwing 60M at Mozgov, Noah, and other's doesn't make sense.

Here's to the long shot that a 3 year deal worth at most $25M a year is a possibility.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Yeah, it's not like Chris Paul literally shot 50% on catch and shoot three pointers last season or anything.
        Ok you win, remind me of how much better they are next year when SAS or GSW knock them outta the Playoffs again

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Ok you win, remind me of how much better they are next year when SAS or GSW knock them outta the Playoffs again
          Sure but by that argument 27-28 teams can't do anything to make a difference. This is a good move by HOU.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Speaking of the Rockets.... they could use a post presence, couldn't they? How would you guys feel about a JV to Houston trade involving Capella coming back?
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Speaking of the Rockets.... they could use a post presence, couldn't they? How would you guys feel about a JV to Houston trade involving Capella coming back?
              They didn't want Omer Asik and they probably won't want JV. Capela is a good role player, they need somebody similar, just better. I doubt there's much liklihood of a S&T happening but a guy like Milsap would help a lot. Or if they can upgrade on Ariza with a guy like Paul George, just keep playing a lot of small ball with Capela at the 5 and four perimeter players.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Speaking of the Rockets.... they could use a post presence, couldn't they? How would you guys feel about a JV to Houston trade involving Capella coming back?
                I'd be thrilled but I realize the chances of that happening are slim.

Comment

• These were the odds for 2017-18 a few days ago:

These are the odds today:
                  http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...7-18-nba-title

We're in the 9th-13th range right now, same as the 76ers lol (though admittedly that is probably due to a wave of Philly bets on hype)

Comment

Phoenix might want JV depending on Alex Len, then you might get alec peters

Comment

• HOU won't have cap room to give us cap relief, which is supposed to be the whole point of moving JV. If we can afford to keep him, we should, he provides size and rebounding for specific matchups that no one else on the team does (some would argue he provides a lot more than that, but even that alone would be reason enough to hold onto him if it's not difficult).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• We need JJ Redick at a fair price since he's not returning to the Clip show.

Comment

• what about JV for Ryan Anderson.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                            what about JV for Ryan Anderson.
                            I hope not. If people don't like JV's defence...

But it would fit this culture change "more shooting" narrative. Wouldn't really fit with the apparent need to shed salary though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If everybody bolts from the Clippers and they start to "retool" they could be a landing spot for some of our spare parts. Unclear if Jerry wants to clear the entire deck or perhaps temporarily build around Blake while compiling future assets. If everybody goes Doc will likely bolt so it wouldn't be the Austin Rivers Show. Not saying that I want DJ though.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Brian Windhorst on SportsNation:

"Somethings going on. And if it's not Paul George, watch out for Paul Millsap" in regards to the Rockets.
                                4:19 PM - 28 Jun 2017
                                Now that's a move that can really help close the gap...

Comment

Working...
                                X