Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lewro wrote: View Post
    I said that I agree more or less. JV has played 18-22 mins the last 7 games. How's that for a refresher? No need for the bad poetry either.��

    Talking about opposing teams scouting is one step beyond. Of course we need to see what we have in yak. He's already looking like a better defender than JV. Doesn't need the ball to have impact and great nose for the ball on O boards.
    We've had a chance to see Delon, norm and bebe for a yr in the dleague and parts of a yr on the raps with siakam. Yak has shown promise in small samples but it's too small and random.
    I don't think bebe is struggling from scouting reports? Have you seen the reports? I think he's just hit a wall. I tried to tell you earlier in the yr that he's barely out of the d league. At this point, we know what we have in bebe.
    We have roughly 1000mins left. There's time for yak to play and all that data and experience may really pay dividends. We will still have ample/vast majority of time to see the main rotation guys, particularly in the playoffs.
    Looks to me like yak has jumped bebe in the rotation for now, right? We will see.
    Tbh I think youre a little worried that JV might lose his spot. Lots of factors. We should keep an open mind.

    Comment


    • I'm definitely worried that JV could lose his spot. If he did, the team would be worse IMO, and I'd rather watch the team win than lose.

      And I know that JV has played about 20 minutes the past few games. I'm saying that's a bad idea, not that it's an idea Casey won't exercise.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • I don't care if you're following me, honestly.

        Can't do anything about Lowry but as I said, the rotation guys will get plenty of mins.
        Yes, we do need to see yak bc he might be the main backup behind JV right now and beyond that he might replace JV next yr.

        Least biased!? K.

        Comment


        • lewro wrote: View Post
          I don't care if you're following me, honestly.
          that seems like a real great stance for a discussion forum.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            I'm definitely worried that JV could lose his spot. If he did, the team would be worse IMO, and I'd rather watch the team win than lose.

            And I know that JV has played about 20 minutes the past few games. I'm saying that's a bad idea, not that it's an idea Casey won't exercise.
            Yes, that's your opinion and it may be correct.

            JV has played well recently and deserved more mins. However, last game he got plenty of touches and he was soft. That's on JV. He's gotta earn those mins. He's not obliged 18 mins or 28.

            Casey makes the decisions but he's not the only professional or fan that's been critical of JV this year. There are many good reasons why his mins are down and why he might not have a future with the raps. Those reasons are shared by many voices.
            You may think the team would lose without him but that's not something that you know. Iirc a week ago you were certain that bebe should be ahead of yak in the rotation and that's already unclear. Correct?

            Comment


            • KHD wrote: View Post
              that seems like a real great stance for a discussion forum.
              Then phrase like you care to discuss it in the first place. Not that I was directly addressing you.

              You don't think yak should play, I feel differently. Is that the jist?

              Comment


              • lewro wrote: View Post
                Yes, that's your opinion and it may be correct.

                JV has played well recently and deserved more mins. However, last game he got plenty of touches and he was soft. That's on JV. He's gotta earn those mins. He's not obliged 18 mins or 28.

                Casey makes the decisions but he's not the only professional or fan that's been critical of JV this year. There are many good reasons why his mins are down and why he might not have a future with the raps. Those reasons are shared by many voices.
                You may think the team would lose without him but that's not something that you know. Iirc a week ago you were certain that bebe should be ahead of yak in the rotation and that's already unclear. Correct?
                Uh, I said there was no reason to bench BeBe in favour of Yak. I stand by that, although the equation may change a bit with Lowry out (as BeBe has played very well with Lowry all year and badly without him). There's every reason to bench both players in favour of JV though.

                Yes, JV had one bad game. So too did literally everyone on the team last game. Let's not pretend that means everyone should lose minutes. No one's obliged anything - it's not a question of obligation or what players deserve, it's a question of what's best for the team.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • We're going to have to make tough financial decisions and I'd like to see more of yak to help inform potential fall backs if we have to move on from bebe and/or JV. Beyond that, I'm also just interested to have some current evaluation and future projection on all our players, including Bruno in garbage mins.

                  JV is so coddled by some here. All yr. I give the guy credit for many things and some things he can do that he hasn't had the chance to show but his apologists just refuse to accept any middle ground. Well, the league is not gonna adjust to fit JV so he has to adjust to fit the league, sorry. It's not all about Casey.

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    Uh, I said there was no reason to bench BeBe in favour of Yak. I stand by that, although the equation may change a bit with Lowry out (as BeBe has played very well with Lowry all year and badly without him). There's every reason to bench both players in favour of JV though.

                    Yes, JV had one bad game. So too did literally everyone on the team last game. Let's not pretend that means everyone should lose minutes. No one's obliged anything - it's not a question of obligation or what players deserve, it's a question of what's best for the team.
                    Let's not pretend that JV has had one bad game or that there isn't a huge bevy of criticism against him.

                    Yes, I agree that bebe really needs Lowry to facilitate his offense but that has nothing to do with his offensive fouls or his struggles on perimeter d and rebounding, etc.

                    That's not to deny that yak doesn't struggle or have holes, to be sure, he is very much a rookie having not played. But that's the point, bebe has played and we've seen where he's at. Not the same for yak.

                    Can't be sure that JV deserves all those mins. You're assuming he plays well at all times. That's not been the case.

                    Comment


                    • lewro wrote: View Post
                      Let's not pretend that JV has had one bad game or that there isn't a huge bevy of criticism against him.

                      Yes, I agree that bebe really needs Lowry to facilitate his offense but that has nothing to do with his offensive fouls or his struggles on perimeter d and rebounding, etc.

                      That's not to deny that yak doesn't struggle or have holes, to be sure, he is very much a rookie having not played. But that's the point, bebe has played and we've seen where he's at. Not the same for yak.

                      Can't be sure that JV deserves all those mins. You're assuming he plays well at all times. That's not been the case.
                      He has played pretty well with Ibaka here in the minutes that he gets except the last game. Of course nobody played well in the last 2 games for the most part. Washington destroyed the Raptors, and the Knicks are hot garbage, so Raptors won that.

                      Comment


                      • lewro wrote: View Post
                        Let's not pretend that JV has had one bad game or that there isn't a huge bevy of criticism against him.

                        Yes, I agree that bebe really needs Lowry to facilitate his offense but that has nothing to do with his offensive fouls or his struggles on perimeter d and rebounding, etc.

                        That's not to deny that yak doesn't struggle or have holes, to be sure, he is very much a rookie having not played. But that's the point, bebe has played and we've seen where he's at. Not the same for yak.

                        Can't be sure that JV deserves all those mins. You're assuming he plays well at all times. That's not been the case.
                        JV has been playing great since the start of 2017 (half the season).

                        Comment


                        • A.I wrote: View Post
                          He has played pretty well with Ibaka here in the minutes that he gets except the last game. Of course nobody played well in the last 2 games for the most part. Washington destroyed the Raptors, and the Knicks are hot garbage, so Raptors won that.
                          Yes, he has. I've been intrigued by some high low passes from Ibaka to JV as well. Serge is avg 35 mins. I'd like see that a tad lower. JV mins are a tad low. I'm happy with yaks mins the past few games and hope it stays that way.
                          If JV goes beast mode then of course I want him to get 30 mins but he's gotta beast first.

                          Comment


                          • tDotted wrote: View Post
                            JV has been playing great since the start of 2017 (half the season).
                            He's definitely been better, maaaaybe bordering on great at times. Is he still an "all-star/big3"? I dunno if that's my takeaway into the summer atm.

                            I'm really curious that maybe yak fit this team better for cheap money. He's shown some defensive potential and on offense he's a good passer and offensive rebounder.

                            We really need JV on O now. Hes gotta get looks and step up. He's shown he can do that. All yr long people have said he will step up in the playoffs. Let's hope so!

                            Comment


                            • lewro wrote: View Post
                              Yes, he has. I've been intrigued by some high low passes from Ibaka to JV as well. Serge is avg 35 mins. I'd like see that a tad lower. JV mins are a tad low. I'm happy with yaks mins the past few games and hope it stays that way.
                              If JV goes beast mode then of course I want him to get 30 mins but he's gotta beast first.
                              He has to get the opportunity to be a beast and not get benched in the second half. Like I said, he played well in the first 3 games with Ibaka, especially against Portland, 15 points, 7 boards and 7/8 shooting in only 22 mins. He has played decent defense with Ibaka as well, except the Wizards game.

                              Comment


                              • A.I wrote: View Post
                                He has to get the opportunity to be a beast and not get benched in the second half. Like I said, he played well in the first 3 games with Ibaka, especially against Portland, 15 points, 7 boards and 7/8 shooting in only 22 mins. He has played decent defense with Ibaka as well, except the Wizards game.
                                The Wall/Gortat combo is his kryptonite. I don't think he should be in the starting lineup against them

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X