No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyways we again played like shit, and it shouldn't have come to this...we should of played it safe and won by 10

Comment

• matts on there giving a reason...as if he is qualified to do much more than bag groceries anayway....

hard to see how there is a qualitative way to measure time elapsed.. .. we got screwed ,,,,

and matt and leo make the teletubbies look like intellectuals with their collective yes man explanations.......
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Man, this is a dangerous precedent for the NBA to set. Basically, every home team can now completely fuck over oppostion teams last second plays by messing with the clock.

Comment

• What is wrong with Leo? He's defending that call? Nonsense. The clock starts and stops early or late by fractions of a second all game. Are they now going to review every dead ball for timing accuracy? That's bullshit.

Comment

• As for the whole clock thing, the appropriate thing to do would be to have the teams replay that possession. We did get the ball inbound and in Ross' possession with enough time that he could have easily taken a different shot if the clock had been right. They basically assumed how the game should have gone if the tip had started the clock. That's a big no-no and they should all get punished...but they won't.

Think of it, what do they do in game if they realize the clock didn't start on a normal inbound? They stop the game and reset if they can. Sometimes when they don't catch it they add the time at the next stoppage...but this was the last possession of a game. They are able to review and make the correct call and the only thing that makes any sense would be to have the possession played again.

**That would be the only reasonable way to change the call I think. Even if it's still kinda fucked.

Comment

• That's a load of fucking shit. Refs are turds. The review was if Ross got the ball off ACCORDING TO THE OFFICIAL TIME. Refs can artificially guess how much time is left off a tip? Fuck off

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                Man, this is a dangerous precedent for the NBA to set. Basically, every home team can now completely fuck over oppostion teams last second plays by messing with the clock.
                Yep, always start it slow, then ask for a review later saying the shot clock started slow, and tada! Automatic win.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

In the tweet before that he even called it the stupidest call he's ever seen. That's something, coming from Kenny.

Comment

• That was Rudy Gay.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Yep, always start it slow, then ask for a review later saying the shot clock started slow, and tada! Automatic win.
                      It sets an absolutely hilariously ridiculous precedent doesn't it?

Go get 'em Masai. The Warlord won't let this slide.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        I 100% expect that to happen. No doubt in my mind.
                        how can they protest a game?
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• maybe doug smith can write another article about how toronto doesn't get fucked over.... that its all in our heads....
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• I dont give a fuck what noone says, this game is a fucking draw in my books. that was fucking bullshit
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• I've been watching the NBA for almost a decade and I've seen the clock being started at the wrong so many times. Never have I seen a shot being called off due to the clock being started late.

This is the worst call I've ever seen, and I'm not even exaggerating.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                                how can they protest a game?
                                Just file a protest with the League based on the ridiculous call. Its happened in the past for lesser calls than this. The NBA has even allowed teams to replay the final minute of a game based on post-game review.

Comment

Working...
                                X