Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    with Bell, paying ~ $200 a month for phone, internet and cable. Phone is a waste but the pkg is cheaper and it comes with it. Internet alone would be around ~150 I think. Got all the tsn and sportsnet, nbatv, as well as the movie channels and hbo and all that jazz. Much more than I'd like to be paying but there is a shitload of sports there to watch. If I watched hockey and football it would be well worth it I think. I do watch some soccer and there is quite a bit of that on there too. I think if I had just the internet and signed up for league pass, I wouldn't be saving much if anything so f' it. For non-sports, if you have an android the Showbox app is deadly.
    I've got a grandfathered internet plan for <$70 a month and would have to more than double that to get cable, which I would literally only watch sports on, mostly just the Raps and sporadically the Jays.

So it's at least an additional $70 a month all year (because the cost of cancelling and re-subscribing is ridiculous), about $800, versus the $120 I pay for LP.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      I've got a grandfathered internet plan for <$70 a month and would have to more than double that to get cable, which I would literally only watch sports on, mostly just the Raps and sporadically the Jays.

So it's at least an additional $70 a month all year (because the cost of cancelling and re-subscribing is ridiculous), about $800, versus the $120 I pay for LP.
      thats a sweet deal, especially when you do the vpn thing to get the raps games. I'd be all over that if I could do it.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        thats a sweet deal, especially when you do the vpn thing to get the raps games. I'd be all over that if I could do it.
        I treat my cable package the same way I treat my Sirius/XM. Every year I call them and tell them I am cancelling (Sirius) or changing providers (Shaw/Telus). Then I let them transfer me around to a bunch of people until I get a massive discount or free shit. I can usually get Sirius down to close to $100 from the usual $250 range and I got the whole house wired and supplied for free by Shaw a couple years ago. Still pay through the nose for the actual content with Shaw but I feel better about it....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          I treat my cable package the same way I treat my Sirius/XM. Every year I call them and tell them I am cancelling (Sirius) or changing providers (Shaw/Telus). Then I let them transfer me around to a bunch of people until I get a massive discount or free shit. I can usually get Sirius down to close to $100 from the usual $250 range and I got the whole house wired and supplied for free by Shaw a couple years ago. Still pay through the nose for the actual content with Shaw but I feel better about it....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I usually watch all my streams for free online mostly YOUTUBE live streams
              or modbro (or mobdro) can remember the name of the app - but it streams all the sports channels
              I just mirror one of those two bad boys onto my smart TV and bam free sports.
              unreliable: yes
              laggy: ofcourse
              free: abso-fukin-lutly.

Comment

• Man I'm dissapointed in League Pass. Something is wrong with their servers or they're getting ddosed every fucking day. SBNation pundit also complained about LP this year.

I think it's time for the NBA to sell their broadcasting rights to Amazon.

Comment

• wall-e wrote: View Post
                  I usually watch all my streams for free online mostly YOUTUBE live streams
                  or modbro (or mobdro) can remember the name of the app - but it streams all the sports channels
                  I just mirror one of those two bad boys onto my smart TV and bam free sports.
                  unreliable: yes
                  laggy: ofcourse
                  free: abso-fukin-lutly.
                  Yep. $50/month internet. Total sports and cable TV package on chromecast to TV.

Comment

• Guys. Y'all need to be careful of free streams (unless it's YouTube live streams.)

If you're watching free streams from myp2p, ifeedyou and etc.. you HAVE TO install the Zone Alarm + script blocker and obv ad block. otherwise you'll get infected 100%.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Guys. Y'all need to be careful of free streams (unless it's YouTube live streams.)

If you're watching free streams from myp2p, ifeedyou and etc.. you HAVE TO install the Zone Alarm + script blocker and obv ad block. otherwise you'll get infected 100%.
                      Was wondering why my old PC was acting up
                      OG is our king

Comment

Just have to get a VPN, then League Pass has no blackouts.
                        Yes, I was saying theres a way on Reddit to get LP for free.

Comment

• Man, breaks between games, even regular one-day-off breaks, seem so long this year. Game day, thank goodness.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Officially speaking, we shouldn't be speaking about circumventing broadcasting laws...

"YEA YOU HEARD ME PHIL, 2 MEASLY STINKING GRAPES"
                            Great episode.

Comment

Man, breaks between games, even regular one-day-off breaks, seem so long this year. Game day, thank goodness.
                              Hahaha agreed. I think it's because the team has been playing so historically well(offensively) and everybody is clicking that it makes us even more anxious to watch them.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Man we have a soft sked right now. Raps should win the next 4 and go to 21-7, before heading into a much tougher 6 game west coast trip over xmas and new years.

Just noticed the raptors will be in the city of Angels on new years eve. Expect a lot of sweaty slow moving players on January 1st in staples
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X