Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They are finally here: Eastern Conference Playoffs - Bracket Watch and Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Talk about putting the cart before the horse. This thing is a marathon and you're describing the whole race 10 minutes in
    Let's see how it plays out. I don't think this assessment will be far off base.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    I have always believed the pivotal games in series were always games 3 and 5. Game 7 of course is beyond question. In 3 and 5 you are either putting a choke hold on your opponent or getting back into it or pulling ahead by a game in tight contest. Tonight is no different in the road to the ECF.

Cavs @ Indy The Pacers are at home and they have to win. Have to. Good thing for them that they play really well at home. The Pacers have been close but haven't been able to close out the Lebrons in the first two. The Pacers can score enough but they are going to have to step it up on the defensive end a bit to beat the Lebrons. Tonight they do. Pacers W. Of note.. the Cavaliers are looking for a certified master electrician to fix a short in the switch they are supposed to flip for their defense. Its still shorting out.

Raps @ Bucks

Enough already. Enough about Giannas. Enough TNT looking for an upset target. Enough Kenny. Enough Shaq. Enough Matt Moore. The Raps are the better team. They show it tonight. Raps W.

The point of the video is about 45 seconds in.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Apr 20, 2017, 07:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I'm calling it right now Raptors over Warriors in 6

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    psrs1 wrote: View Post
    CAVS looking like they could have another relatively stress free run to finals. Pacers will be hard pressed to win one game. Second round oppponent , possibly Raptors , could be coming off a hard fought first round series of 6-7 games and tired. Conference finals vs either beat up Wizards or Bulls after 2 hard fought series ( like Raptors last year). Maybe they knew exactly what they were doing when they fell to #2 seed with 4 straight losses to end the season.
    Talk about putting the cart before the horse. This thing is a marathon and you're describing the whole race 10 minutes in

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    CAVS looking like they could have another relatively stress free run to finals. Pacers will be hard pressed to win one game. Second round oppponent , possibly Raptors , could be coming off a hard fought first round series of 6-7 games and tired. Conference finals vs either beat up Wizards or Bulls after 2 hard fought series ( like Raptors last year). Maybe they knew exactly what they were doing when they fell to #2 seed with 4 straight losses to end the season.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    The Whiz won it late over the Hawks...
    A little hot dogging at the end..the look at me ...muscle up poses by Wall...

Should be interesting in Atlanta...the Whiz are like red wine...they don't travel well

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    See I dont agree. If the celtics were winning, the narrative would be that the Isaiahs teammates stepped up for him in a time of grievance. But since theirs losing, the excuse is that they under preformed because of said grievance.

Anymost anyone who isnt a ESPN "analyst" knew that the celtics would struggle in the playoffs. They have no rebounding, and their best player is 5'9. and while I have the upmost respect for him, he cant be your best player if your a legit title contender since he can easily be shut down using traps and long defenders.

This version of the celtics is the literal definition of regular season team
    Fair enough, not everyone handles grievance the same way, so nobody can say for sure. Jordan lost his father, retired, came back and won a championship on father's day.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyGetsBucketss
    replied
    Take that for data

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    I think this meme died for me as fast as it was born. It was a cool rant but people are trying to force the line too much.
    Take that for data Scraptor

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    I think this meme died for me as fast as it was born. It was a cool rant but people are trying to force the line too much.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Isaiah lost his sister a day before the Playoffs began, you don't think that affected him and his team? I'm really not surprised that they're losing the series, called it before it even began, you can see it from the start, a focused Rondo + Jimmy guarding Isaiah? He won't be able to do very much, especially a grieving Isaiah. The Bulls are the worst possible matchup for them.

Their roster is extremely flawed, good coach or not, your best player is 5'9 and your SG is your second best rebounder. Unfortunately for the Raptors and thanks to the stupidity of the Nets, the Celtics will be living life over the next several years.
    See I dont agree. If the celtics were winning, the narrative would be that the Isaiahs teammates stepped up for him in a time of grievance. But since theirs losing, the excuse is that they under preformed because of said grievance.

Anymost anyone who isnt a ESPN "analyst" knew that the celtics would struggle in the playoffs. They have no rebounding, and their best player is 5'9. and while I have the upmost respect for him, he cant be your best player if your a legit title contender since he can easily be shut down using traps and long defenders.

This version of the celtics is the literal definition of regular season team

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Western Conference but holy shit this is too fantastic to get lost in the NBA forum, do yourself a favour and watch it right to the end:

Yeah baby !!!! Watch the grizz come out of the room like they have been fed raw meat and hockey sticks next game.....There are coaches who give speeches that the boys know is just posturing.. but this guy just won the room forever.... Watch the Grizz put on the foil and come out locked and loaded for game 3...

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Western Conference but holy shit this is too fantastic to get lost in the NBA forum, do yourself a favour and watch it right to the end:

Take that for DATA!

The phrase “Take that for data!” is wonderful, and the only thing I want to do now is imagine ending different conversations with that same line.
    Examples include:
    After you order your food at a drive-thru.

After you finish having sex.

After you score on someone during a game of pickup basketball.

When you’re bragging to your friends about literally anything.

When you’re an optometrist and you give an exam and the person asks what the results are and you say, “You’re blind as hell, bro.”

When you’re explaining to your kid that you forgot to pick her up after school because you were playing Overwatch.

When you’re a doctor and you’ve just told someone how long they have left to live.

After you call your sister to tell her that her dog passed. (You have to say it sadly here.)

When you’re at the Apple Genius Bar getting your laptop fixed and they ask you for your password and you have to tell them what it is and it’s something really stupid like “LoveSoGood69!” or “I_D0nt_Tru5t_M3xicans.” (You have to say it sheepishly here.)

In a movie theater after a movie ends. (You have to shout it loudly here.)

When you tell your husband that you’re pregnant.

When you tell your husband that you’re pregnant and it’s not his.

When you finish saying your wedding vows.

When you finish complaining to the manager of a restaurant.

After you tell someone you voted for Trump.

After you score a touchdown in the Super Bowl.

When you reveal to your kids that Santa isn’t real.

When you’re at a parent-teacher conference and they ask you why your kid is misbehaving so much.

When you’re a rogue cop in an ’80s movie and you’ve just killed an evil accountant.

After you’ve just turned down a marriage proposal.
    When it’s the third date and everything has gone really well and you have to tell the person you’re with that you have an STD.

When you accidentally sneeze on someone on an airplane.

When you’re a judge and you’re ready to deliver your sentence.

When you misplace your phone, so you ask your buddy to call you so you can find it and he does and it starts ringing and the ringer is “My Neck, My Back” by Khia.

When you’re a babysitter and you tell the parents that you “haven’t seen one of the twins in, like, two hours.”

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playo...a-5c35a21c9da7

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    Ball wrote: View Post
    Dang, I mean I love seeing the Leafs as the laughing stock of the league, but it'd be nice to have all Toronto teams be respectable franchises, right?
    Respectable sure....but if the Leafs continue to ascend (as they likely will with a true superstar in Matthews), I suppose the fear is the Raptors return to be being overshadowed where over the past few years we were working our way to the front of the line so to speak (in the winter, Jays own summer).

It has been such an uphill battle just to get our own damn networks (TSN being the worst, Sportsnet etc) to cover the team when they take every friggin opportunity to discuss stupid hockey any chance they get. While it wont likely effect the Rap fanbase (because I feel they are largely a different demographic, far more minority inclusive), you can bet your ass the Leafs improving in time will cause us to get the second class citizen treatment again as the media will just pump out more and more Leafs/hockey coverage. So no it isnt my dream either....if all media coverage was equal then yes Im all for it but in reality thats not how it works.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    4 years ago that's what they said about the raptors. Deebo and K low were two players that pretty much nobody wanted 4 years ago nevemind built an offence around them. Casey put those two in position that no one else would of. Now 4 years later they're stars. Development is apart of coaching.

I forgot Stevens was Teflon around here. Being the number seed in the conference and you lose both games at home. You guys are still defending him? Pretty impressive from non Celtics fans...

Btw Hoibert just tied Stevens for career playoffs wins

Hoibert 2-0
    Stevens 2-10
    Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Isaiah lost his sister a day before the Playoffs began, you don't think that affected him and his team? I'm really not surprised that they're losing the series, called it before it even began, you can see it from the start, a focused Rondo + Jimmy guarding Isaiah? He won't be able to do very much, especially a grieving Isaiah. The Bulls are the worst possible matchup for them.

Their roster is extremely flawed, good coach or not, your best player is 5'9 and your SG is your second best rebounder. Unfortunately for the Raptors and thanks to the stupidity of the Nets, the Celtics will be living life over the next several years.
    Last edited by A.I; Wed Apr 19, 2017, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X