#2 DBPM (after Scottie)
    #2 BPM (after Scottie)
    #2 VORP (after Scottie)
    #2 OWS (after Scottie)
    #2 DWS (after Scottie)
    #2 WS (after Scottie)
    #1 WS/48
    #2 PER (after Scottie)

But sure, keep shitting on Jak for no reason.
    poelt's fine but most big men who only attempt shots within 3 feet and are competent rim defenders have numbers that look like this.

i'm alright keeping him and even more alright trading him. if we keep him we need upgraded shooting from pascal and schroders spots in the lineup.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Since you want some positive Jak stats here we go:

Leading the entire NBA in:
      FG%
      eFG
      TS%

On The Raptors:
      #1 ORTG 130
      #2 DRTG 112 (after Scottie)
      #2 OBPM (after Scottie)
      #2 DBPM (after Scottie)
      #2 BPM (after Scottie)
      #2 VORP (after Scottie)
      #2 OWS (after Scottie)
      #2 DWS (after Scottie)
      #2 WS (after Scottie)
      #1 WS/48
      #2 PER (after Scottie)

But sure, keep shitting on Jak for no reason.
      LOL

if a player thrives offensively within 3 feet, it does not take a rocket scientist that he would have better averages.

but expand the floor….

I already pointed out his stats outside of that area. But yet you ignored that LOL.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

LOL

if a player thrives offensively within 3 feet, it does not take a rocket scientist that he would have better averages.

but expand the floor….

I already pointed out his stats outside of that area. But yet you ignored that LOL.
        These are offensive and defensive stats, plus some overall stats. He's either 1st or 2nd on the Raptors.

He only makes $19.5M per year, he's a good value.

Definitely available in trade but Jak is a good player on our team on a good long term deal. We have no urgency to move him.

Comment

These are offensive and defensive stats, plus some overall stats. He's either 1st or 2nd on the Raptors.

Definitely available in trade but Jak is a good player on our team on a good long term deal. We have no urgency to move him.
          Remember before the signing, I was all over this board going against the grain when the number was thrown out that Masai may offer Yak $20 million per season. I thought that was an overpay for a player with LIMITED offensive skill set. But my recollection to this matter was a general agreement by some of the self-proclaimed experts of this forum including YOU, that he would be a tradeable asset down the road who can elicit a comparable return in salary. Fine.

The time has come, he is tradeable and expect a return with the same salary. Find someone who can fit Scottie’s game.

For you to say that we have no urgency to
          move him is backward thinking.
          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Dec 17, 2023, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Remember before the signing, I was all over this board going against the grain when the number was thrown out that Masai may offer Yak $20 million per season. I thought that was an overpay for a player with LIMITED offensive skill set. But my recollection to this matter was the the pushback by some of the self-proclaimed experts of this forum including YOU, that he would be a tradeable asset down the road who can elicit a comparable return in salary.

I say Now is the time, he is tradeable and expect a return with the same salary. Find someone who can fit Scottie’s game.

For you to say that we have no urgency to
            move him is backward thinking.
            He's signed for 4 years there isn't urgency. Pascal, OG, and Gary are all expiring, there is urgency to move them. That is what I mean by urgency.

Comment

He's signed for 4 years there isn't urgency. Pascal, OG, and Gary are all expiring, there is urgency to move them. That is what I mean by urgency.
              I understand that but if we want to blow this up and move pieces to acquire players who fit Scottie’s game then Yak should be included to any trade discussions.

There is no priority 1 or priority 2 to this process, we have gone past that.

Comment

I understand that but if we want to blow this up and move pieces to acquire players who fit Scottie’s game then Yak should be included to any trade discussions.

There is no priority 1 or priority 2 to this process, we have gone past that.
                Sure, he's available come January 15th, there just isn't urgency to move him because he's under contract and we can move him later. We have time to wait for the right deal. We don't have that luxury with the other 3.

Comment

Sure, he's available come January 15th, there just isn't urgency to move him because he's under contract and we can move him later. We have time to wait for the right deal. We don't have that luxury with the other 3.
                  Meh, the term “urgency” should be the last word that you should be using during this dire times LOL

here is my added take…

Pascal/ OG and Trent are all flight risk.

Yak has a very tradeable and FRIENDLY contract

a little perspective.

Yet not saying that Pascal/ OG or Trent cannot be traded or should not be traded because I don’t want you accusing me again of such silliness.

But if I am an opposing GM who is need of a player like Yak who has a “friendly and tradeable contract” plus the skillsets of any of Pascal/ OG or Trent, I would reconsider and set aside the fear that any of those three may leave when their free agency are up.

Why I thought including Yak in a trade with either Pascal/ OG or Trent May get us a decent return/ players who we can build around Scottie.

You want to move Pascal ASAP. But if Masai can wait until the deadline on Feb (after Jan.16 when Yak’s contract can be traded) Sure, I am all for it.

p.s. although If Masai is willing to keep OG, I am definitely not opposed to that move.

Comment

Dude...on what planet u think this is a good contract. It's way overpriced.
                    3 more years of 20 million per.
                    U don't pay that kind of money, for non 3pt shooter, bad free throws shooter, plus defense has gotten way worse each year.
                    He has regressed, gotten slower.
                    Plus, u can't play him in the 4th quarter, bc his a liability.
                    Let me ask u this, who would rather have.

Kevin Looney, Drummond, Mason Plumlee
                    Dwight Powell..ect..u know how much they make.
                    Exactly..bare minimum, not even.
                    4 to 7 million, why the f^$% u give a guy top 10 center money...Unbelievable.
                    Bad contract, bad trade, bad player for this mesh of roster.
                    It's not only this contract.
                    Thad 8 million..
                    Otto porter 7 million.
                    Gary Trent, 18 million
                    McDaniels 5 million..
                    Flynn 4.5 million
                    Shrodder 12..
                    U pay guys 2 much money that are not worth there value.
                    Not only that, who were u competing against, no one was gonna pay these guys this kind money.

Playboy throwing money like James Harden at the Strip Clubs.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Dude...on what planet u think this is a good contract. It's way overpriced.
                      3 more years of 20 million per.
                      U don't pay that kind of money, for non 3pt shooter, bad free throws shooter, plus defense has gotten way worse each year.
                      He has regressed, gotten slower.
                      Plus, u can't play him in the 4th quarter, bc his a liability.
                      Let me ask u this, who would rather have.

Kevin Looney, Drummond, Mason Plumlee
                      Dwight Powell..ect..u know how much they make.
                      Exactly..bare minimum, not even.
                      4 to 7 million, why the f^$% u give a guy top 10 center money...Unbelievable.
                      Bad contract, bad trade, bad player for this mesh of roster.
                      It's not only this contract.
                      Thad 8 million..
                      Otto porter 7 million.
                      Gary Trent, 18 million
                      McDaniels 5 million..
                      Flynn 4.5 million
                      Shrodder 12..
                      U pay guys 2 much money that are not worth there value.
                      Not only that, who were u competing against, no one was gonna pay these guys this kind money.

Playboy throwing money like James Harden at the Strip Clubs.
                      Thing is this is the Raptors, this is Toronto. Not LA, not Dallas, not San Francisco. Yet not even Chicago. This is the price to pay to be the only team north of the border.

Poeltl is a good player and also probably a really good teammate. Yes there is holes in his game, and no it's not the best of contracts, but it's not that much of an overpay to have him around. Same for Schroder. Porter different story because of the injuries, but it happens in sports. Beal is paid 50 M$.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Not sure why a lob threat is such a big deal. Poeltl finishes almost exclusively on the roll and has basically the highest success rate in the league. Give the two of them reps and that PnR can be deadly.
                        Because our 6-8 offensive initiator can see over the top of most defenses so a C that can catch a lob and finish above the rim adds a dimension we are missing in the offense. I'd also add the threat to do that will aid Scottie in terms of defenses staying tight to their man giving him more room to drive in single coverage. Lobs are also finishing plays unlike rolling to the rim from 15 ft. Heck even Darko gets to expand on his playbook with that extra threat.

Jak has been good and isn't the top priority to upgrade for sure.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Because our 6-8 offensive initiator can see over the top of most defenses so a C that can catch a lob and finish above the rim adds a dimension we are missing in the offense. I'd also add the threat to do that will aid Scottie in terms of defenses staying tight to their man giving him more room to drive in single coverage. Lobs are also finishing plays unlike rolling to the rim from 15 ft. Heck even Darko gets to expand on his playbook with that extra threat.

Jak has been good and isn't the top priority to upgrade for sure.
                          Koloko would probably help with that. Let's not forget him.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Thing is this is the Raptors, this is Toronto. Not LA, not Dallas, not San Francisco. Yet not even Chicago. This is the price to pay to be the only team north of the border.

Poeltl is a good player and also probably a really good teammate. Yes there is holes in his game, and no it's not the best of contracts, but it's not that much of an overpay to have him around. Same for Schroder. Porter different story because of the injuries, but it happens in sports. Beal is paid 50 M$.
                            Toronto is not a good excuse. Small market teams like OKC, Indy and Orlando have done a great job managing their cap, bringing in young talent and signing guys to value contracts.

Problem has been always paying absolute top of market for our own guys, never investigating trading our guys when their contracts have term and more recently, splurging valuable FRPs to add more guys who load the cap at their max market price. Just piss poor asset portfolio management since the chip.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Toronto is not a good excuse. Small market teams like OKC, Indy and Orlando have done a great job managing their cap, bringing in young talent and signing guys to value contracts.

Problem has been always paying absolute top of market for our own guys, never investigating trading our guys when their contracts have term and more recently, splurging valuable FRPs to add more guys who load the cap at their max market price. Just piss poor asset portfolio management since the chip.
                              This is exactly it in a nutshell.

How many times have I said that we're always fed what a big win it is to even retain (by over paying) our own FA and never signing others of great significance? We're always up against the cap with a middling team yet we overpay veterans to sit on the bench because they must be good in the room

Comment

• Masai has been overpaying. Thad now poeltl. We aint getting a first and two seconds for poeltl. Fire
                                masai

Comment

Working...
                                X