Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valanciunas needs to come off the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I disagree. I've high on poeltl since last year. He's improving rapifly, he didn't register to scouts until age 18 and by 20 he was pac 12 player of the year and best big man in college. He's improved a ton at the nba level too. He needs to improve court vision and shooting but I see ceiling of a do-everything decent lynch pin like al horford
    This, or healthy Bogut. That type of player. That's tremendously useful at the 5. We don't NEED JV the way some keep saying we do.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
      This, or healthy Bogut. That type of player. That's tremendously useful at the 5. We don't NEED JV the way some keep saying we do.
      Yeah, once Poeltl reaches that potential I completely agree. He's just not there yet. Next year or the year after when JV is no longer in the picture (likely), hopefully Poeltl is ready to step up against top competition.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm not talking about next year I'm talking about now. Poeltl is already better.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          I'm not talking about next year I'm talking about now. Poeltl is already better.
          I hear you I just don't believe you are correct. His limited time with the starters paints a very different picture.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

JV needs to turn into Marc Gasol.

there's ways!

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

there's ways!
              Yeah, via trade with memphis
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

there's ways!
                I mean, sure, if MEM isn't too concerned with a good return for Gasol.

Or if the Raps are willing to give up Poeltl, at the very least.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  Realy? What about the worlds most successful team with Zaza Pachulia? Enes Kanter? Marcin Gortat?

In fact, almost every team starts a traditional center much bigger than Serge Ibaka
                  You are right but I didn't mention size but skill set. Pachulia and Gortat have always been better defenders than JV by most metrics , and they are far better passers. Kanter only starts because he is on a poor team (only started a quarter of his games in the NBA). And even Pachulia is really only a role player, logging in the teens on average, and low teens in playoffs. But I'll grant you that the Warriors could likely win with JV!

Comment

can't we just trade him so we can stop talking about it?

I like JV, i think he had potential and maybe still does in a good fit.

The fact that there isn't a good fit here is one of multiple issues with the starters. I suspect moving him to the bench might help in some ways but at the same time I doubt it's a panacea for that group.

Regardless, I doubt casey will ever remove him from the regular season starting lineup anyway.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      can't we just trade him so we can stop talking about it?

I like JV, i think he had potential and maybe still does in a good fit.

The fact that there isn't a good fit here is one of multiple issues with the starters. I suspect moving him to the bench might help in some ways but at the same time I doubt it's a panacea for that group.

Regardless, I doubt casey will ever remove him from the regular season starting lineup anyway.
                      Pretty sure he's done here. Salary dump move coming soon.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Stupid of Masai not to trade him earlier when he knew this whole time he wanted to stick with Casey as the HC.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Stupid of Masai not to trade him earlier when he knew this whole time he wanted to stick with Casey as the HC.
                          He tried. It's not stupid to not trade a guy if the return isn't there, that's how you bleed assets and end up with nothing in the cupboard. That's a bigger problem than what they're trying to figure out on the court right now.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                            He tried. It's not stupid to not trade a guy if the return isn't there, that's how you bleed assets and end up with nothing in the cupboard. That's a bigger problem than what they're trying to figure out on the court right now.
                            Also, the days of blaming casey for Valanciunas struggles should be over.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                              How long as he been trying for? Casey's been here since JV's rookie year and made it pretty obvious he wasn't going to feature him. Masai has had enough time from 2014-2016 to trade him but only shopped him in 2017 (after a clear down year) because of the tax situation. MU has done a lot of good, but that's a clear fuck up

Comment

I think it has become clear that JV is not the type of player that should be featured. I thought he could have been groomed to be a bigger part of the team, but now I'm not so sure that would have been a wise choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X