Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you guys will be surprised to see what happens to Lowry when he has 3 legit shooters on a floor with him.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      you guys will be surprised to see what happens to Lowry when he has 3 legit shooters on a floor with him.
      I'm more excited about the idea of putting another competent wing defender beside OG, to be honest.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I'm more excited about the idea of putting another competent wing defender beside OG, to be honest.
        I would be ecstatic to see a starting unit of Butler, OG and Siakam sandwiched between JV and Lowry. Siakam has to improve his shot for it to work on O though. And Ibaka will still probably get the starts over him anyway unless we are able to unload him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I think this works for Lowry too - imagine being able to hide Lowry on the least problematic opposing guard every night?
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Start Serg at the 5 in that lineup, that’s deadly... especially if OG and Siakam come back with improved shooting.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              I think this works for Lowry too - imagine being able to hide Lowry on the least problematic opposing guard every night?
              Not to mention actually having guys who do their job on the p'n'r D and aren't getting constantly blown by, making things easier for JV/all our bigs.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I would be ecstatic to see a starting unit of Butler, OG and Siakam sandwiched between JV and Lowry. Siakam has to improve his shot for it to work on O though. And Ibaka will still probably get the starts over him anyway unless we are able to unload him.

Siakam is improving his shot. Probably as we speak. While I eat a greasy lunch and avoid work
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Start Serg at the 5 in that lineup, that’s deadly... especially if OG and Siakam come back with improved shooting.
                  No trade Serge if you can . He's worse than JV.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Siakam is improving his shot. Probably as we speak. While I eat a greasy lunch and avoid work
                    Yeah but his shot was still pretty ugly, so definitely not a given that he'll make a significant enough leap this summer. He could, but we'll see.

Comment

No trade Serge if you can . He's worse than JV.

Serge is mostly dead weight in a trade you're better off trying to squeeze 25 decent minutes out of him these next 2 years. I mean if you can sneak him in a package somewhere by all means but there's no interest in him and his 40 million remaining
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Serge is fine if he's played the minutes that his health and capabilities deserve, not the minutes that his contract deserves.

The Raptors simply asked more than he can give last year.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Serge is fine if he's played the minutes that his health and capabilities deserve, not the minutes that his contract deserves.

The Raptors simply asked more than he can give last year.
                          He didn't play that heavy a role last year, going by his track record and supposed age.

He also was terrible any time the schedule had less rest and/or more travel.

Basically he should be playing a bench role as a 20ish mpg PF/C. I don't trust he has high enough character to be cool with that. He was already moping quite a bit during the playoffs. Not really a problem then, but don't know what he'd be like dealing with that for a whole season.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Serge is mostly dead weight in a trade you're better off trying to squeeze 25 decent minutes out of him these next 2 years. I mean if you can sneak him in a package somewhere by all means but there's no interest in him and his 40 million remaining
                            Yeah I think at best you are probably stuck waiting until after the season, when he becomes expiring. Still, maybe Masai can pull something off. A man can dream.

Serge also killed our offensive flow a lot at times last year. If we're going to try and emphasize movement even more, I don't want him here.

Comment

He didn't play that heavy a role last year, going by his track record and supposed age.

He also was terrible any time the schedule had less rest and/or more travel.

Basically he should be playing a bench role as a 20ish mpg PF/C. I don't trust he has high enough character to be cool with that. He was already moping quite a bit during the playoffs. Not really a problem then, but don't know what he'd be like dealing with that for a whole season.

I think he's perfectly capable of playing as a starter in a platoon split with Siakam. Siakam takes the transitional minutes with JV, instead of Ibaka with Poeltl, and that puts the big minutes breakdown more like 30 JV, 24 SI, 24 PS, 18 JP.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Getting yourself excited over a trade that might not even happen
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X