This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Here's my issue with Butler and Minnesota: Butler wants out because of Wiggins right? Butler is a much better player than Wiggins(and he actually shows up every fame unlike Wiggins). The Wolves should know this. So why not trade Wiggins instead?
    The Wiggins/KAT thing sounds like a ruse. He wants to play in LA for a max deal. Minnesota is neither LA, nor were they ready to give him a 5 yr max deal.

So he started to create locker room strife to push his way out of the team, just like he did in Chicago. I think that even if they moved both KAT & Wiggins, he'd find some other young players to pick on, until he finds his way to the Clippers. It's unfortunate for 'sota that he doesn't even want to show up for camp, despite still being paid by/under contract with them, but that's where they are.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      He also doesn’t like Prince or Kirby Puckett
      He doesnt like purple rain?!?

I dont want him near this team.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Looking like it's Miami. Thibs just needs to pull the trigger. Not sure why he's holding on so tightly.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Looking like it's Miami. Thibs just needs to pull the trigger. Not sure why he's holding on so tightly.
          Latest rumors have the Wolves wanting either Dragic or a 3rd team to facilitate bringing in a good point guard...

Comment

Looking like it's Miami. Thibs just needs to pull the trigger. Not sure why he's holding on so tightly.
            Weird Toronto linkage to Jimmy Butler is that his agent is a Chinese-Canadian named Bernie Lee. I wonder how TF he landed a big fish like that?

http://leebasket.com/jimmy-butler.php

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle26258509/

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Weird Toronto linkage to Jimmy Butler is that his agent is a Chinese-Canadian named Bernie Lee. I wonder how TF he landed a big fish like that?

http://leebasket.com/jimmy-butler.php

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle26258509/
              Just because you are the smaller fish, does not mean you can't get big deals done. Reputation is the name of the game.

Also being a smaller fish it probably means you can pay your agent a smaller cut than you would to someone like Rich Paul. Big name agents will cost you more money, just like a lawyer would.

Comment

• The more I look at it, I don’t want Butler. I think having 2 players that have publicly stated they want to be in specific places (that aren’t Toronto) next season could backfire.

It’s better to surround Kawhi with our young core who loves being here. Danny, and Moose seem to be happy, Kyle may be slightly disgruntled right now but I think once he starts playing and winning he’ll be fine.

We’re battling for the east and well equiped. We almost have too much depth and some guys may not get on the court. I’m hoping Siakam and OG get enough time.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  The more I look at it, I don’t want Butler. I think having 2 players that have publicly stated they want to be in specific places (that aren’t Toronto) next season could backfire.

It’s better to surround Kawhi with our young core who loves being here. Danny, and Moose seem to be happy, Kyle may be slightly disgruntled right now but I think once he starts playing and winning he’ll be fine.

We’re battling for the east and well equiped. We almost have too much depth and some guys may not get on the court. I’m hoping Siakam and OG get enough time.
                  I suspect Jimmy is just looking to get paid. So if Masai offered him a 5 year, $190M max he'd stay. But that's a big risk. Guy is constantly injured, he just turned 29, so he'll be 30 when his extension kicks in. It's a big commitment, and it would completely mess up Masai's plan B (which is to rebuild in case Kawhi leaves).

But he is a top 15-20 talent.. and those are really hard to find. Teams like Orlando, Sacramento, Phoenix, etc are still trying to find those guys and they've been in the lottery for what seems like forever.

Comment

• Where does Kyle rank?

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      Where does Kyle rank?
                      It varies wildly. I'd allow anything between 12 and 36. And no I'm not joking. (The truth is probably 20th~)
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Top 20-30? I think it’s worth just sticking with Kyle. I’m not sure anything else we offer is accepted by Minny

Comment

• When it comes to fit and impact, there really aren’t many other guys that you’d want over Kyle. Very few. I think in this specific case, Jimmy isn’t worth the risk. It sucks, because he’s one of my favourite players. But the fit is questionable at best whereas the makeup of the team right now is almost perfect.

Comment

I suspect Jimmy is just looking to get paid. So if Masai offered him a 5 year, $190M max he'd stay. But that's a big risk. Guy is constantly injured, he just turned 29, so he'll be 30 when his extension kicks in. It's a big commitment, and it would completely mess up Masai's plan B (which is to rebuild in case Kawhi leaves).

But he is a top 15-20 talent.. and those are really hard to find. Teams like Orlando, Sacramento, Phoenix, etc are still trying to find those guys and they've been in the lottery for what seems like forever.
                            Jimmy gets injured alot because it could be partially wherever he goes, he is asked to be the number 1 guy each and everytime. On the Raptors he would be the number 2 or 3 guy, more relaxed and less demands and stress on the body. Last 5 seasons Jimmy avg about 37 minutes per night. Coach Thibs is just brutal at that department.

Comment

• For the sake of argument, let's say Lowry's a top 30 player, and Butler's a top 15 player.

That marginal increase in talent isn't worth the risk when you factor in the decrease from a familiarity/camaraderie point of view. I mean, we're talking about the heart and soul of the #WeTheNorth era, here.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                For the sake of argument, let's say Lowry's a top 30 player, and Butler's a top 15 player.

That marginal increase in talent isn't worth the risk when you factor in the decrease from a familiarity/camaraderie point of view. I mean, we're talking about the heart and soul of the #WeTheNorth era, here.
                                I wouldn't trade Lowry for Butler, all of the sudden Butler becomes the leader and barking orders at Kawhi and the rest of the team?! Nah Lowry is still one of the main guys on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X