Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    DanH today

This is great lol. DanH will forever be the contrast to Shaolin that keeps the universe balanced.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Why was it an important game, again? As compared to, say, the Orlando Magic game a few games back? When they play them in the playoffs it will certainly be an important game. When they play Boston tonight it will be an important game (for a regular season game).

Answer me this: if the Raptors played just the same but hit more shots (say, Lowry was 5/6 from 3 and not 1/6) and snuck out a win in Cleveland last night - would they no longer be a concern in the playoffs? Would the team be better equipped to deal with a locked in playoff LeBron because of it? Of course not. Nothing changes for the playoffs based on last night (except the Cavs winning actually gives the team a better shot at facing them in the ECF instead of the semis). Nothing.

If Lowry shits the bed, it's a problem. Period. Sure, the media and fans like to be able to point the finger at the presumed reason and get mad, and frankly I do think it was a part of the reason he struggled and if this was a playoff game (or even tonight's game against Boston where seeding is up for grabs) I'd have been pissed. Because it would have mattered. And I'd have been pissed at Lowry for laying an egg whether he traveled the night before or not. But I am having a hard time giving a crap about another regular season game.
      It's still very important from a team culture standpoint, regardless. A much better message to Lowry's teammates would have been Lowry going to a Cleveland bar with his Raptor teammates and allowing them to celebrate the victory with him, vicariously.

And all during the game Lowry could be giving his teammates jabs about how he'd love to be there in person, but he's not because he's sacrificing and showing commitment to his team.... Toronto Raptors, that is.

There was no need for Lowry to create this distraction at the time of the year when you're trying to get everybody focused & locked in at the highest level. That Casey and Masai allowed it, is also inexcusable.
      Last edited by golden; Wed Apr 4, 2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        ...The players will feel it too.
        Not to pick on Nilanka, it's just that this post phrased it so succinctly. All of the players in the NBA have won and lost innumerable games. Important ones and meaningless ones. None of them would be where they are if they didn't have incredible confidence. They have all probably been involved in upsets that occurred because they and their teams refused to accept consensus opinions about their chances of winning.

I agree with Dan that when the playoffs roll around no one on the team is going to be remembering this game except to think of how they can play their man better, or remembering video of particular Cavs's tactics. Think about it. If any team's players dwelled on past losses, they would probably never win.

Better that they forget about winning or losing a season series, and focus on the individual and team mistakes they made. It was stupid mistakes that cost them last nights game. Leaving Jose and Love wide open. Turning the ball over. Not boxing out. Simple shot. They weren't beaten by Cavaliers dominance, but by Raptors stupidity.

Comment

• Another rant:

I've been noticing this for over a month now. Watch DeRozan in the 1st quarter. The guy doesn't even look for his shot. I'm 100% sure he gets most of his assist in the 1st.

The 4th is where he tries to be more aggressive.

I think its a fucking stupid way to play. Its like he's a robot. You have to read the situation. You're a scorer, score the damn ball. Be aggressive. He's passive style is not really helping the team. Did he even get to the line last night? this guy averages 8-10 FTA the last couple of years. I'm 100% sure its way below that these past few months.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Raptors need the DeRozan of last year back. Not this timid, Ben Simmons wannabee version.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

When was the last time the Raps beat the Cavs on the road? Not an excuse.

52% shooting wasn't an anomaly. Raps defence has been poor for weeks. Not an excuse.

The 6 point final score last night, was not indicative of the Raps poor performance. Not an excuse.

Yes, the Raps are in a trouble if/when they face the Cavs in the playoffs. A month ago, I wouldn't have thought so.
              52% shooting on wide open threes is an anomoly. Defence has nothing to do with it.

If you wouldn't have thought so a month ago, you shouldn't think so now. They've shown no additional capability or lack thereof. Also, if you didn't think beating LeBron would be a problem in the playoffs a month ago, you weren't thinking straight.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Not to pick on Nilanka, it's just that this post phrased it so succinctly. All of the players in the NBA have won and lost innumerable games. Important ones and meaningless ones. None of them would be where they are if they didn't have incredible confidence. They have all probably been involved in upsets that occurred because they and their teams refused to accept consensus opinions about their chances of winning.

I agree with Dan that when the playoffs roll around no one on the team is going to be remembering this game except to think of how they can play their man better, or remembering video of particular Cavs's tactics. Think about it. If any team's players dwelled on past losses, they would probably never win.

Better that they forget about winning or losing a season series, and focus on the individual and team mistakes they made. It was stupid mistakes that cost them last nights game. Leaving Jose and Love wide open. Turning the ball over. Not boxing out. Simple shot. They weren't beaten by Cavaliers dominance, but by Raptors stupidity.
                I don't think anyone is saying this one loss will be in their heads come time for a playoff match. But collectively the Raptors have had the snot beat out of them by the Cav's for years now. It's like those fuks that beat animals. They just have to raise their hand and the animal cowers in fear. Not from any one specific beat down but from getting beat down through a long duration of time. That's the Raptors. They are Reek and it rhymes with meek.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I don't think anyone is saying this one loss will be in their heads come time for a playoff match. But collectively the Raptors have had the snot beat out of them by the Cav's for years now. It's like those fuks that beat animals. They just have to raise their hand and the animal cowers in fear. Not from any one specific beat down but from getting beat down through a long duration of time. That's the Raptors. They are Reek and it rhymes with meek.
                  The Raptors crushed the Cavs earlier in the year. If two close losses on the road are enough to screw with the Raptors' confidence, then winning those games would be of zero value anyway, as if their confidence is that fragile a solid 3 minute stretch of dominant LeBron in the playoffs should be enough to break their spirit no matter how many regular season wins they had.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    It's still very important from a team culture standpoint, regardless. A much better message to Lowry's teammates would have been Lowry going to a Cleveland bar with his Raptor teammates and allowing them to celebrate the victory with him, vicariously.

And all during the game Lowry could be giving his teammates jabs about how he'd love to be there in person, but he's not because he's sacrificing and showing commitment to his team.... Toronto Raptors, that is.

There was no need for Lowry to create this distraction at the time of the year when you're trying to get everybody focused & locked in at the highest level. That Casey and Masai allowed it, is also inexcusable.
                    This.
                    I'm not happy with Lowry to TX biut more so with his effort at the game.
                    Casey needs the balls to nail his azz to the bench instead of JV when he makes those bizarre decisions regularly.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

The Raptors will go into their inevitable playoff matchup vs. the Cavs, with little confidence they can win 4 games, and it's an entirely justified feeling based on the last 15 matchups.

Last night piled onto this 3 year long concern, is all I'm saying.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors need the DeRozan of last year back. Not this timid, Ben Simmons wannabee version.
                        No we need the derozan of this season except for the last few weeks back
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

52% shooting on wide open threes is an anomoly. Defence has nothing to do with it.

If you wouldn't have thought so a month ago, you shouldn't think so now. They've shown no additional capability or lack thereof. Also, if you didn't think beating LeBron would be a problem in the playoffs a month ago, you weren't thinking straight.
                          I don't have the stats in my hand, but to me the cavs always make it rain on us. At least 80% of the time. At what point is it not an anomaly and it is coverage issue. My memory of raps vs cavs is always us scrambling and leaving shooters wide open. Like last night. I can tip my hat if they shoot 52% with hands in faces. that wasn't the case.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The Raptors crushed the Cavs earlier in the year. If two close losses on the road are enough to screw with the Raptors' confidence, then winning those games would be of zero value anyway, as if their confidence is that fragile a solid 3 minute stretch of dominant LeBron in the playoffs should be enough to break their spirit no matter how many regular season wins they had.
                            When it comes to the Cavs, yes, the Raps' confidence is that fragile.

Comment

When it comes to the Cavs, yes, the Raps' confidence is that fragile.
                              In that case, winning these two games would have done nothing for them. Any confidence gained from that would be shattered by a single playoff loss.

Clearly a waste of time to worry about it if you think they are that fragile. If that's the case they never had a chance.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 52% is not a fucking anomaly if you leave good/great shooters WIDE OPEN from three.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X