Game #77: Toronto Raptors 106 - Cleveland Cavaliers 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Except LeBron legitimately didn't have a reason to worry about the 34 pt loss. He's bounced back countless times in the past.

And the Raptors legitimately do have a reason to worry about this loss (plus the last Cavs loss, plus the general lack of cohesion over the past 3 weeks).
    The lack of cohesion is more of a worry than the Cavs games. Its not like they’ve been playing great and then all of sudden they suck in the 2 Cavs games. They have played the same way in the Cavs games as they have over the last few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Sure he did. His whole team got blown up because they were playing so badly.
      Again, a situation he's been in many times before, and turned out just fine. Nothing to worry about for LeBron.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Here's where I vehemently disagree. There is plenty of existing doubt about the Raps' chance of beating the Cavs in the playoffs. And the last 2 regular season losses, most definitely add to that doubt. The players will feel it too.
        Really? So the Raptors have been demolished by the Cavs in the playoffs each of the last two times they faced them. The Raptors win a game in Cleveland in April that is not really high stakes for either team. So... Problem solved?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Really? So the Raptors have been demolished by the Cavs in the playoffs each of the last two times they faced them. The Raptors win a game in Cleveland in April that is not really high stakes for either team. So... Problem solved?
          A loss is a loss. No moral victories at this stage in the season, whether it's a blowout or close call.

You seem to be assuming an equal playing field between Raps and Cavs, which isn't the case. You have to take history into account when addressing the psychological impact of these games.

1 Raps win is not going to shake LeBron's confidence....at all. But each Cavs win (until we knock them out of the playoffs), is a big blow to the Raps' psyche. Ignoring this is simply dismissing the obvious.

Comment

• Geez, the Raps play the Cavs on the road twice in a couple weeks, Cavs shoot a combined 52% from three and win both games by a combined 9 points, and the world is ending and the team's psyche is broken and now we're screwed in the playoffs.

This season must have spoiled me and made me forget who the Raptors fandom really is. Panic everywhere.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Geez, the Raps play the Cavs on the road twice in a couple weeks, Cavs shoot a combined 52% from three and win both games by a combined 9 points, and the world is ending and the team's psyche is broken and now we're screwed in the playoffs.

This season must have spoiled me and made me forget who the Raptors fandom really is. Panic everywhere.
              When was the last time the Raps beat the Cavs on the road? Not an excuse.

52% shooting wasn't an anomaly. Raps defence has been poor for weeks. Not an excuse.

The 6 point final score last night, was not indicative of the Raps poor performance. Not an excuse.

Yes, the Raps are in a trouble if/when they face the Cavs in the playoffs. A month ago, I wouldn't have thought so.

Comment

• If Raps lay down against the Cavs this will Lowry's last year with the Raps. I would honestly rather Kemba Walker over Lowry at this point.

When Lowry shots not falling he really doesn't bring much on offence. He will be up and down all playoffs.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  If Raps lay down against the Cavs this will Lowry's last year with the Raps. I would honestly rather Kemba Walker over Lowry at this point.

When Lowry shots not falling he really doesn't bring much on offence. He will be up and down all playoffs.

This was true last night (because he was hungover), but not true in general. When Lowry's shot isn't falling, he's still very much contributing on both ends of the floor.

Comment

Geez, the Raps play the Cavs on the road twice in a couple weeks, Cavs shoot a combined 52% from three and win both games by a combined 9 points, and the world is ending and the team's psyche is broken and now we're screwed in the playoffs.

This season showed signs that we were one of the best teams in the league. That feels like its disappearing. We are still a good team, but we are definitely not playing like an elite team. Losing to teams like Boston and Cleveland twice is not a good look for this team. And any psychological advantage we can get going into the playoffs is a good one.

We have home court against the Cavs.. but that may not be enough against Lebron who has feasted on the East for years on end. We don't seem to be a team that he would be fearing anymore. He beat us twice while we were pretty healthy. That edge he has now is enough to favour the Cavs in any series against us now. Remember during that blow out win how he was yelling at his team during a timeout? Lebron wanted to beat us.. and he's the best player in the world who's been to the finals 7 times straight. He wanted to have that psychological advantage over us and didn't have it the first time around. He definitely has it now. We gave it to him on a silver platter.

We could surprise and beat them like Washington swept us a few years ago. Although the Cavs are playing really well and the Raps were not when that season ended. So I don't really see a similarity. We can't have our best players throw up goose eggs in a game that sort of matters. I mean the #1 seed is slipping and we had a 5 game cushion not to long ago, and we're losing to our only real competition in the East.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      If Raps lay down against the Cavs this will Lowry's last year with the Raps. I would honestly rather Kemba Walker over Lowry at this point.

Should be Casey’s last season too if that happens. They tried everything, brought in Carroll as a “3&D guy”, brought in Ibaka, tried a different style. If none of it works, might as well break up the core.

I’ll worry about that in a few months though. Still confident/hopeful this is just a slump and the Raptors will pull it together.

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                          Should be Casey’s last season too if that happens. They tried everything, brought in Carroll as a “3&D guy”, brought in Ibaka, tried a different style. If none of it works, might as well break up the core.

I’ll worry about that in a few months though. Still confident/hopeful this is just a slump and the Raptors will pull it together.

I think the next step would be trying to get more comparable talent level. I think Casey get fired if they decided to blow it up and rebuilt.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

It's more than statistics or the fact it's a regular season game at this point. Look at their body language and overall play when it matters most, they got that voice in the back of their head that's screwing up their confidence. Athletes go through an immense sense of pressure when expectations are so high, some rise to the occasion and others don't. I don't know about you but I see fear in the eyes of the team's leaders; they haven't let go of what happened in the past.

I've never understood that mind state personally but I'm a crazy nut. I'd love the opportunity to make someone of Lebron's stature know exactly what kind of man I am, win or lose. Some maybe more gifted than you but at the end of the day all men bleed red.

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not panicking. And I'm not even necessarily worried about limping into the playoffs - sometimes that can actually work to a team's advantage. BUT. They've been scuffling for a couple weeks now. They're 3-4 against playoff teams over the last 30-odd days, including two convincing losses at Cleveland and Boston. The two teams they'll need to beat to get out of the East. The defense has shown major slippage. And their previous invincibility at home is no more after losses to OKC and Denver. Things are amiss and they need a feel-good win to snap out of it and turn things around. Not to mention that if they lose to Boston tonight, the lock they had on first place is in serious doubt.

No one needs to panic but not being at least slightly concerned at this point is whistling past the graveyard.....

Comment

• DanH today

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X