Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #10: Toronto Raptors 121 (9-1) - Los Angeles Lakers 107 (4-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just sitting here smiling and smiling....

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      Siakam busted out that quick spin move a few times tonight. It's so smooth...he's great when he's not spazzing out of control
      He's got so much energy ... I think he's learning to keep it under control. What a surprise pick and development.

Comment

• Mitchell Duong wrote: View Post
        CJ is washed and Norm isn't out of the woods yet.
        The problem is CJ does a lot of running around and running off screens but he is just not good at getting open. His shot always looks rushed and he is just not meant for that. His good years were as a spot up shooter in the corner. Not a JJ Redick type player running all over the place to get open and shooting from all over the floor.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          He's got so much energy ... I think he's learning to keep it under control. What a surprise pick and development.
          Absolutely loved watching Nurse give him run bringing up the ball and initiating the offence last night. Still keeping it pretty simple (as he should) but that was our PF doing that. Damn fun.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

a bit of revenge for the 81 pt game. not complete but it's a start

Comment

• Hahaha I had 10 minutes to spare and just skimmed thru this game thread...

In a game that was never in doubt, on the road, against lebron, without Kawhi...

People bitching

"The Raptors just made their sales pitch to kawhi!" Exclaims the ringer
                "Career high for ibaka, game never in doubt" states sportsnet
                "Fuck you CJ miles you piece of shit" from t rex
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Every Lebron demon was exorcised last night. Goddam that was satisfying.
                  Great win.. but I don't think those demons will ever properly get exorcised, unless we can some how beat him in the playoffs (and we will never get that chance now that he's on a mediocre WC team).

Don't forget, we pummeled the Cavs last season too:

Comment

Every Lebron demon was exorcised last night. Goddam that was satisfying.
                    Those demons went with Demar and Casey.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Hahaha I had 10 minutes to spare and just skimmed thru this game thread...

In a game that was never in doubt, on the road, against lebron, without Kawhi...

People bitching

Did i say that? QUOTE ME.

You're starting to sound like Trump. The King of Fake News.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I do look at this in a different way, how come we allowed them to cut this 31 points to a single digit ?
                        I am not happy with our defense at all.

Comment

• Fury wrote: View Post
                          Did i say that? QUOTE ME.

You're starting to sound like Trump. The King of Fake News.
                          I didn’t mean to like this

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Hahaha I had 10 minutes to spare and just skimmed thru this game thread...

People bitching

Now you are sounding like a thread Cop (big belly full of hops) who just woke up from a long snooze while the hood was throwing axes and machetes.

Comment

• So good https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/1...s-lebron-james

But the uncanny timing of the game stood out as much as the spectacle of it all. Leonard and the Raptors arrived with an 8-1 record, tied for the best in the league; the Lakers trudged into the game with a 4-5 record, and dogged by reports of Magic Johnson reprimanding head coach Luke Walton for the team’s poor start in a recent meeting. Magic went out of his way to declare that Walton’s job was safe before the game, in an interview with the Los Angeles Times. Then the Lakers got blown out by a Toronto team without its best player. The story was clear: The Raptors are in the good place. The Lakers, not so much.

In many ways, Leonard and the Raptors are the antithesis of LeBron and the Lakers. LeBron’s team will always be in the spotlight, while Leonard constantly recedes from it. The differences trickle down to their rosters too. The Lakers are full of aspiration, from their core of young players still trying to carve out names for themselves down to Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka eschewing conventional wisdom in favor of playmaking above all else. They play fast, but they can’t shoot; they can switch on defense, but there’s only one player who can protect the rim. The Raptors, meanwhile, are a fully realized contender—they have shooting and size and everyone can play defense. The Lakers are trying to win their way. The Raptors are just winning.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Another article on the Ringer site talks about the balance of playing rehabbing starters like Hayward and Fultz. They mention that if Hayward doesn't get back to his old form, Boston would have a hard time beating Golden State. But, even before the "we the other" chants came out in full force, they add ("assuming they could get by Toronto"). We've made it! Sort of.

Comment

Working...
                                X