No announcement yet.

February 14th: Knicks at Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmie, I understand all the arguments and no one should be naming him the next great PG as it's obviously premature. You're absolutely right in all of it.

My broader point was that those of us that are hard core fans have become so cynical about sports.... so used to auditing every player like a capital asset, so worried about cap numbers, and value, and contracts, and advanced metrics... Well, sometimes it's just nice to appreciate the game, the athlete, without worrying about his comparables, value, splits, ratings and metrics. Sometimes it's worthwhile to say, 'Hey, I like watching this guy and I don't give a rat's ass that his PER is 13.5".

I'm just enjoying the Lin experience. He'll be what he'll be. For right now, the whole thing is simply awesome.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      Jimmie, I understand all the arguments and no one should be naming him the next great PG as it's obviously premature. You're absolutely right in all of it.

My broader point was that those of us that are hard core fans have become so cynical about sports.... so used to auditing every player like a capital asset, so worried about cap numbers, and value, and contracts, and advanced metrics... Well, sometimes it's just nice to appreciate the game, the athlete, without worrying about his comparables, value, splits, ratings and metrics. Sometimes it's worthwhile to say, 'Hey, I like watching this guy and I don't give a rat's ass that his PER is 13.5".

I'm just enjoying the Lin experience. He'll be what he'll be. For right now, the whole thing is simply awesome.
      With you 100%. That's what sports should be about for fans: good stories. It's just entertainment, after all -- in all its compelling excitement, frustration, pain, joy -- still just entertainment at the end of the day. In that respect, Lin is a godsend.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Alright so it's almost game time and they've announced a sell out crowd. Cheer this Lin kid all you want in the intros, but this crowd needs to be on our side all day! I hate going to games when I see fans cheering for players on the other team throughout the game, it disgusts me actually. It should be pretty hype all in all.

If you're at the game but not cheering for the Raptors, I've got a big F U!!!

Seeing all these Lin/Knicks BRAND NEW T-shirts are pissing me off already...

Comment

JMC doing it big early with 12 points already!

Comment

Haha Indeed Mack. Great start so far though.

Well ... for Jose.

Demars attacking though. Which is good to see.

Comment

I get Amar'e just lost his brother... but tear drop tattoos are stupid.

Comment

4 turnovers for Lin already. 4 Assists as well. But...

Comment

I know it's the Knicks, but the ball movement and dribble penetration's been impressive so far.

Comment

The 'take no shit' Calderon is back haha
                    Stood up to Chandler

Comment

I can't believe this dude is getting louder cheers than our own guys. SMDH

Comment

5 turnoves already for Lin, 6 assists. Needs Calderon to teach him a bit bout turnover ratios

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I can't believe this dude is getting louder cheers than our own guys. SMDH
                          Oh buddy, it's driving me crazy.

Comment

The Rawth wrote: View Post
                            5 turnoves already for Lin, 6 assists. Needs Calderon to teach him a bit bout turnover ratios
                            Yea, I'm not all that impressed this game with him so far. With Amar'e now back, and Melo still to come, the ball will be in Lin's hands less and less each game. And for tonight especially, that's very good for us.

I have still yet to see much of an outside shooting game from him, that one 3 pointer was pretty nice I must admit. Even if it was a bit flukey.

Comment

Yea i'd say no matter how bad a game Lin has, he'll still get pops for anything he does in a game, id say as a respect from the crowd because of where he is atm

Comment

Man this is like a soccer game the amount of flops people pulling off

Comment

Working...
                                X