No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA coaches, and their teams of coaches, are looking at a lot more than stats that don't measure well. Maybe they even have specific methods/techniques, within a team defensive system, that players need to comply with, else they fk up the other four players learning the system. I don't know. Just a suggestion about 1 thing that we all no fk all about, rendering much fan certainty, that we're discussing, ill-informed .........

Casey is screwing up the confidence and development of the kids, haha. And SVG is a fool too, hey.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
      NBA coaches, and their teams of coaches, are looking at a lot more than stats that don't measure well. Maybe they even have specific methods/techniques, within a team defensive system, that players need to comply with, else they fk up the other four players learning the system. I don't know. Just a suggestion about 1 thing that we all no fk all about, rendering much fan certainty, that we're discussing, ill-informed .........

Casey is screwing up the confidence and development of the kids, haha. And SVG is a fool too, hey.
      Everything you post is condescending and arrogant is this how you normally converse with others out side of the Internet?
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Casey dropped Salmons minutes every month.

Dec. - 26.5 min
        Jan. - 23 min
        Feb. - 22 min
        March - 17.4 min
        April - 18.7 min
        Playoffs - 12.8 min
        This.

Can someone please explain to me which young prospect was being benched last year in favour of an undeserving vet?

Ross played a hair under 30mpg after the Gay trade. Which wing prospect was riding pine in favour of Salmons?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          The issue isn't just development, it's accountability. It does not send a good message to give some guys a longer leash than others just because of random factors like age or talent. Why should a star player not be held accountable? Why should a vet not be held accountable? With the Raps the frustration has been especially with the latter issue.
          Easy answer. You want the youngster to realize his mistake and improve from it. Teaches them not to make that mistake again. Who cares if the vet makes a mistake, your not going to try and teach them a lesson, they aren't in your future and basically, they are what they are. You can mould a young player to who you need them to be.

If you don't keep the younger player on a short leash, how do they know they fucked up. Sure you could tell them after, but what's their incentive if they know they'll just continue getting playing time even if they keep fucking up.

This is where a players mentality comes in, if they are always striving to be the best and always working hard, you leave them in there to learn (demar) but if they seem to just not care, they need to get pulled or they learn bad habits and are just utter shit. (Bargnani) if bargs was pulled out whenever he did that stupid pump drive get injured thing, he would stop doing it and learn from it. Instead he was left out there and continued doing, look where he at now.

I have no problem with how Casey handled ross and Jv. Jv seemed immature and needed the constant pull so he'd stop getting frustrated. Ross seemed really chill and laid back about everything, made since to make him earn his playing time.
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I feel like DeMar would be a better player right now if he had a shorter leash during his 2nd-4th years when it came to making defensive mistakes or even for taking ill-advised shots.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              Easy answer. You want the youngster to realize his mistake and improve from it. Teaches them not to make that mistake again. Who cares if the vet makes a mistake, your not going to try and teach them a lesson, they aren't in your future and basically, they are what they are. You can mould a young player to who you need them to be.

If you don't keep the younger player on a short leash, how do they know they fucked up. Sure you could tell them after, but what's their incentive if they know they'll just continue getting playing time even if they keep fucking up.

This is where a players mentality comes in, if they are always striving to be the best and always working hard, you leave them in there to learn (demar) but if they seem to just not care, they need to get pulled or they learn bad habits and are just utter shit. (Bargnani) if bargs was pulled out whenever he did that stupid pump drive get injured thing, he would stop doing it and learn from it. Instead he was left out there and continued doing, look where he at now.

I have no problem with how Casey handled ross and Jv. Jv seemed immature and needed the constant pull so he'd stop getting frustrated. Ross seemed really chill and laid back about everything, made since to make him earn his playing time.
              Fair points, especially the bold, but that's still not the consistent way in which their subs were managed. While maybe not the most frequent case, there were also games where a young guy would be playing great, and still see very limited (or no) action later in the game regardless.

That's where it gets trickiest. It's one thing to punish for mistakes...but then shouldn't you also reward success? And getting back to the vet thing, why would you ever play an ineffective vet over a youngster playing well? Is that teaching anybody anything?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Everything you post is condescending and arrogant is this how you normally converse with others out side of the Internet?
                That's getting rather personal, young man, and it's no help to the debate, using hyperbolic "everything you post" melodrama.

After not saying anything personal or insulting at all in this discussion, I wasn't using offensive labels like "arrogance" to anyone here, but if you're turning the discussion in that direction, I'd suggest that it might be a tad more arrogant to assume you know near enough to critique coach's player development actions as foolish, than it is for me to suggest you know next to sfa, just like me.

As far as your "condescending" complaint, I'd like to say I'm sorry if a minor bit of snark, used as colour when the point wasn't being addressed otherwise, hurt your sensibilities, but I really don't think I said anything particularly offensive to anyone, unless someone takes offense at being told they don't know what they don't know.

btw, if you don't respect Casey's approach, what little you actually know of it, do you respect what SVG said, about player development, in that vid posted earlier? Is he wrong too? Because what I'm questioning here is the exact stuff that he says is poppcock. I happen to agree with his philosphy toward player development, which seems to fall in line with Casey's. Of course that's in general terms, as I know sfa about how he actually implements it on a daily basis. I accept that and try to move on to analyzing stuff I have some knowledge of. (like ill informed posts I find on here, haha. sick humour, sorry)

Comment

• So much to like with this conversation. Especially the SVG video Mix posted. That should be required watching of anyone who wants to write, coach, play basketball...

We have no clue about practices so my guess is that has to also be a part of figuring out how much to play a young player as part of their development?

There's a lot to dislike about Casey's coaching, but I feel confident in the way he develops players. Every player the Raps have drafted since he's been head coach is still in the league -- VERY small window, but the Raps coaches have not exactly had the greatest record with that sort of thing. I know there's a lot of holes in my argument, but, his moves make sense. When he benches a young player, you can go back and see what the player was doing wrong most of the time.

Most importantly, I like where Ross, Val, and to a lesser extent Quincy Acy are as players -- they know their roles and they're all solid pros who should last in the league barring injury.

Casey's issues are not in development, they're in calling plays after timeouts. Too many isolations. The same out of bounds plays, again and again. When in doubt, Casey regresses to high school plays. He needs to do a better job stealing plays from other teams, past coaches, etc. If he had a wider variance of plays coming out of timeouts, maybe the Raps would win more close games. I don't think it has anything to do with clutch, and everything to do with a lack of variety in sets coming out of timeouts.

Comment

• we need to forget about KD thing.
                    St Lous Dental Assistant School

Comment

• Has anyone had a chance to read this?

Comment

• Over/Under

How many games before Bruno gets to play?
                        Line is at 10.5 games

Comment

• Depending on how good we play, could see him tomorrow against Orlando. Hopefully.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            Depending on how good we play, could see him tomorrow against Orlando. Hopefully.
                            Unlikely he even dresses. Who would you take out in his place?
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Unlikely he even dresses. Who would you take out in his place?
                              Take out hands-bro or fields for the night.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Take out hands-bro or fields for the night.
                                With vucevic in Id say hands is needed. Unlikely Casey benched a vet like fields for him
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X