Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    But keep stomping that foot...we...don't....have....a....SUPERSTAR!!!!
    I will.

This team ain't winning ANYTHING without one.

I don't give a shit about your basketball habits, defence, ball movements CLICHE. You're not going to go deep in the playoffs without IT aka superstars.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Geez guys. Yes, you need a superstar to have a shot at the championship. No, you don't need one to win a round. Casey's terrible.

That i agree with.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Geez guys. Yes, you need a superstar to have a shot at the championship. No, you don't need one to win a round. Casey's terrible.
        In the East yes
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          I will.

I don't give a shit about your basketball habits, defence, ball movements CLICHE. You're not going to win anything in the playoffs without IT aka superstars.
          Don't need Jordan to make it out of the first round. Especially when the bottom half are all sub .500 teams.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            OKC lost to Heat and Lebron in Finals. Spurs lost to Lebron (Allen) in Finals. Maximizing talent matters. But Spo worried about maximizing talent of Lebron, Wade, Bosh and we're dealing with Lowry, Derozan, Valanciunas. Come on dude. They are no fairy tale stories in NBA. Stop cheering for underdogs
            Come on dude what?

I'm talking about Casey getting the most from the roster.

If you think a 4 game sweep last year and .500 ball after a hot start is justifiable, we will just have to agree to disagree.

There was zero adjustment...in or between games.

National media were putting up stories how to stop them for goodness sakes. If Zach Lowe can figure out raptors, I think nba coaches were all over it well in advance. Then the opposing team commentators basically mocked Casey and his decisions...quite openly.

I don't believe the Raptors will win championship nor do I think they will make the finals. But getting out of the first round with home court advantage isn't too much to ask, in my opinion.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Come on dude what?

I'm talking about Casey getting the most from the roster.

If you think a 4 game sweep last year and .500 ball after a hot start is justifiable, we will just have to agree to disagree.

There was zero adjustment...in or between games.

National media were putting up stories how to stop them for goodness sakes. If Zach Lowe can figure out raptors, I think nba coaches were all over it well in advance. Then the opposing team commentators basically mocked Casey and his decisions...quite openly.

I don't believe the Raptors will win championship nor do I think they will make the finals. But getting out of the first round with home court advantage isn't too much to ask, in my opinion.
              If John Wall didn't injured Wizards would've beaten Atlanta.

As a higher seed we should've won but I don't see us getting higher seed this year so get ready for first round exit again.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I will.

I don't give a shit about your basketball habits, defence, ball movements CLICHE. You're not going to go deep in the playoffs without IT aka superstars.
                DanH wrote: View Post

TRex wrote: View Post

That i agree with.

Well I'm super confused..... Original post that started dialogue:

TRex wrote: View Post
                Y'all can blame Casey all you want but all you really have to do is look at this team's roster. IT DOESN'T MATTER who's coaching the team. Phil Jackson, Coach Pop, Dwane Casey. This is a mediocre team.

Does anyone here really believe this team would be a whole lot better under a different coach? PLEASE. The Raptors are what they are, a first round exit team.
                You're the one who brought up championships in defense of Casey.

I'm talking maximizing talent.

This team should be able to get out of first round with 2 straight years of home court advantage in playoffs after going 3-1 vs Washington regular season.

A first round sweep is not maximizing talent.
                Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Oct 27, 2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  If John Wall didn't injured Wizards would've beaten Atlanta.
                  What does that have to do with anything?

Sweet Jesus.

Read the posts.

Comment

• I guess an obvious question would be, if a fan is absolutely sure that the Raps have no chance to win a single series unless they have a superstar, and absolutely no chance to win a championship unless they have TWO superstars, then why would said fan bother watching any games, or posting on the Raps fan forum?

A strong predilection for masochism? Self torture? A desire for the taste of vomit in their mouth?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Maybe just a strong desire to correct all the wrong headed fans who believe that the Raps might be able to improve on their previous years results, and work their way into relevance.

Comment

1. The Thunder went to the Finals back in 2012. Guess who they lost to? that's right, the LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh Miami Heat.

2. The Spurs have 3 HALL OF FAME players on their team. The Mavs have DIRK NOWITZKI, the greatest European player to ever play the game. Future hall of famer.

You remember that 2011 Mavs team? that was ALL Dirk Nowitzki.

When you have SUPERSTAR PLAYER or PLAYERS on your team you have a chance.
                      Just so fucking wrong.

Where are the Mavs without the play of, well, EVERY FUCKING PLAYER who played great in that playoffs? Jason Kidd? Jason Terry? Deshawn Stevenson on D? Shawn Marion? Tyson Chandler?

Dirk was the guy, but don't discount the other players and Rick Carlisle's awesome coaching.

Are you being intentionally dense?
                      Last edited by KHD; Tue Oct 27, 2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

Are you being intentionally dense?
                        Don't dress it up with subtleties. Just come out and say what you mean.

Comment

1. The Thunder went to the Finals back in 2012. Guess who they lost to? that's right, the LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh Miami Heat.

2. The Spurs have 3 HALL OF FAME players on their team. The Mavs have DIRK NOWITZKI, the greatest European player to ever play the game. Future hall of famer.

You remember that 2011 Mavs team? that was ALL Dirk Nowitzki.

When you have SUPERSTAR PLAYER or PLAYERS on your team you have a chance.
                          Really? Because last time I checked, Kidd, Chandler, Terry and Marion were a huge part of that team too. Against the Thunder, it was all Dirk, but in the Finals, it was a collective team effort. Dirk actually didn't shoot that efficiently, 42%. Jason Terry shot 49% FG and 39% 3FG in the Finals, and Deshawn Stevenson shot 57% on 3 pointers in the Finals. They also played a team defense that was focused on containing Lebron, which they did really well. Plus Kidd was pretty much an on court coach at the time.

Comment

• If everything depends on Dirk - a 7 ft shooter that can't defend, you aren't winning a title. Might be the best shooter since Bird but he isn't LBJ or Durant. He needs alot of help to win

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              If everything depends on Dirk - a 7 ft shooter that can't defend, you aren't winning a title. Might be the best shooter since Bird but he isn't LBJ or Durant. He needs alot of help to win
                              True, but to be fair, Dirk did go into god mode in pretty much every clutch situation during the Playoffs, especially in the Western Conference Finals and the NBA Finals. Hard to stop that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                True, but to be fair, Dirk did go into god mode in pretty much every clutch situation during the Playoffs, especially in the Western Conference Finals and the NBA Finals. Hard to stop that.
                                Last shot, Dirk is the absolute best choice over anybody but he needs 14 guys over 47 min and 50 sec to get him there.

Comment

Working...
                                X