Everything Dwane Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    They have less. Both PG were all-stars but one has a glaring hole. An all-star SG in Demar vs Beal and Carroll is better than Porter right now. The PF is a wash and JV is better than Gortat. Toronto has a better deeper bench. Wizards have probably the second or third worst HC but Raptor have the worst and it isnt close. Wiz expected to win 50+ with less talent and Raptors 44-46 and many taking the under
    Gortat > JV
    Nene > Amir
    Pierce > Ross
    Beal > DeRozan
    Wall > Lowry

Raps bench > Wiz bench.

Raps bench didn't show up in the playoffs though. Porter, Hump and co. outplayed them.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Beal and Wall are better than any players on this Raps team. And it's not even close.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Beal and Wall are better than any players on this Raps team. And it's not even close.
        Wall can not shoot at all and Beal cant do anything but shoot. Raptors defense made them and everyone look alot better than they are. Wizard will exit first round against anybody but Casey. JV is much better than Gortat who really looked shit all year.

Comment

Again, what talent? there's not much talent on this team. Who are we talking about here? Lowry was an all star lats year, DeRozan the year before. If that's not maximizing their full potential, i don't know what is.

Bold part - Very cliche.

Good habits, playing team ball etc.....all that is nice. But the REALITY is, this team isn't going to compete unless they land a SUPERSTAR player. This is the NBA, superstar player is all that matters.

If this team has LeBron James, they'd be the favourite to win it all. Who cares about owning up for blown defensive assignments and all that other crap.
          Every player has some degree of talent.

In the raptors case, the collective group has underachieved.

I don't give a shit about individuals - including JV. The reason for my JV frustration is - style points aside - he plays winning basketball.

Even Philly has a coach that at least tries to ingrain good habits. That is a well coached team with very little talent trying to play a disciplined team oriented game.....and you can actually see that on the court - cliches and all.
          So now your argument is nothing matters because they don't have a superstar?

Ahhhhh fuck it man. Why bother at all. We don't have a generational talent....boo hoo.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Every player has some degree of talent.

In the raptors case, the collective group has underachieved.

I don't give a shit about individuals - including JV. The reason for my JV frustration is - style points aside - he plays winning basketball.

Even Philly has a coach that at least tries to ingrain good habits. That is a well coached team with very little talent trying to play a disciplined team oriented game.....and you can actually see that on the court - cliches and all.
            So now your argument is nothing matters because they don't have a superstar?

Ahhhhh fuck it man. Why bother at all. We don't have a generational talent....boo hoo.
            I don't want to hear all that cliche. Superstar players fixes EVERYTHING.

The Celtics were one of the worse teams in the NBA if not the worst back in 2007. Horrible defensively, lots of talk about firing Doc Rivers, lots of trade talk surrounding Pierce. The following year they added Allen and KG. Guess who won the Championship in 2008?

The Heat were a MEDIOCRE team back in 2008-2009. They added LeBron and Bosh in 2010/2011, all of a sudden they became a powerhouse.

Like i said, superstar players fixes EVERYTHING. This is the NBA, a superstars league. This ain't baseball or hockey.
            Last edited by The Great One; Tue Oct 27, 2015, 07:17 PM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I wonder why any teams except the Pelicans, cavs, warriors, Rockets, Clippers even bother playinng.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

The Celtics were one of the worse teams in the NBA if not the worst back in 2007. Horrible defensively, lots of talk about firing Doc Rivers, lots of trade talk surrounding Pierce. The following year they added Allen and KG. Guess who won the Championship in 2008?

The Heat were a MEDIOCRE team back in 2008-2009. They added LeBron and Bosh in 2010/2011, all of a sudden they became a powerhouse.
                GSW had the same team changed coaches won a title. Hawks went from sub .500 and then won 60 with only Horford returning. Stevens has a collection of misfits playing good basketball. Spurs ...

Lakers, Knicks, Nets all played like garbage with legit superstars or at least all-stars

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  I wonder why any teams except the Pelicans, cavs, warriors, Rockets, Clippers even bother playinng.
                  I'm wondering the same thing.

Cavs will win the East. Warriors or Thunder will win the West.

Bookmark this thread.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing.

Cavs will win the East. Warriors or Thunder will win the West.

Bookmark this thread.
                    might be off-topic but Thunder are an amazing team under Donovan. They are really talented Brookes ->Donovan is like Jackson ->Kerr.

Comment

Like i said, superstar players fixes EVERYTHING. This is the NBA, a superstars league. This ain't baseball or hockey.
                      And yet a team with 2 superstars like OKC has never won.

Numerous superstars don't win each year.

Talent matters....maximizing it - at all levels - matters more.

Funny you mentioned Miami with all their superstars and powerhouse....the two years they were beat were by teams with far less star power and a much more team oriented approach.....again coaches maximizing talent.

But keep stomping that foot...we...don't....have....a....SUPERSTAR!!!!

Comment

• What are we even arguing about? Superstars/Hall of Famers win in this league. Coaching, health and depth matters when it's battle between the superstars, deep in playoffs when any advantage can make a difference.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Funny you mentioned Miami with all their superstars and powerhouse....the two years they were beat were by teams with far less star power and a much more team oriented approach.....again coaches maximizing talent.

OKC lost to Heat and Lebron in Finals. Spurs lost to Lebron (Allen) in Finals. Maximizing talent matters. But Spo worried about maximizing talent of Lebron, Wade, Bosh and we're dealing with Lowry, Derozan, Valanciunas. Come on dude. They are no fairy tale stories in NBA. Stop cheering for underdogs
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

1. The Thunder went to the Finals back in 2012. Guess who they lost to? that's right, the LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh Miami Heat.

2. The Spurs have 3 HALL OF FAME players on their team. The Mavs have DIRK NOWITZKI, the greatest European player to ever play the game. Future hall of famer.

You remember that 2011 Mavs team? that was ALL Dirk Nowitzki.

When you have SUPERSTAR PLAYER or PLAYERS on your team you have a chance.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Geez guys. Yes, you need a superstar to have a shot at the championship. No, you don't need one to win a round. Casey's terrible.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A good coach really makes a difference. Durant can score 30+ anywhere but with a functioning offense he does it without a sweat, with Brooks he needs to make superstar plays alot. Same with Westbrook.

Demar can score 20-25 anywhere, but with a better coach alot of his possession that have no chance get replaced with easy buckets. Casey makes things look harder than they need to be. 2 open threes is a better way to score than 10 drives into 5 defender and doesn't lead to injuries

Comment

Working...
                                X