No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The plays he's running after time out's were really effective during last nights game. Great to see this improvement in Casey. Now, he has to find a way to get Lowry and DD off the floor. I get the feeling he won't "throw" any games until the seeding is locked up in the East. If the guys can stay healthy until that time then they will be getting a good rest before playoffs start, but it's a risky move.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      The plays he's running after time out's were really effective during last nights game. Great to see this improvement in Casey. Now, he has to find a way to get Lowry and DD off the floor. I get the feeling he won't "throw" any games until the seeding is locked up in the East. If the guys can stay healthy until that time then they will be getting a good rest before playoffs start, but it's a risky move.
      Agreed. ATO plays have been fine (when they can get the ball in...), and really good lately.

Don't need to throw games to get Lowry rest (DD is fine, he's a workhorse). Just need to limit his playing time to playing with players he fits with. So not Scola. Should have Patterson out there for as many Lowry minutes as possible.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Agreed. ATO plays have been fine (when they can get the ball in...), and really good lately.

Don't need to throw games to get Lowry rest (DD is fine, he's a workhorse). Just need to limit his playing time to playing with players he fits with. So not Scola. Should have Patterson out there for as many Lowry minutes as possible.
        Not an easy task to sit Lowry with how close the games have been. The way they started yesterdays game so hot they could have blown Portland out if they played better D. But protect the paint at the cost of giving up the outside shot seems to be the strategy they employ.

Comment

• What I don't understand is... we probably have 7-8 minutes a game where Lowry/Joseph/DeMar are on the floor together and Joseph/DeMar are running the offense. Why does Lowry have to be on the floor for all those minutes? If he's just there to be a spot up shooter, can't we give those minutes to Ross(or Carroll when he's back) to give Lowry a bit of rest?
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            What I don't understand is... we probably have 7-8 minutes a game where Lowry/Joseph/DeMar are on the floor together and Joseph/DeMar are running the offense. Why does Lowry have to be on the floor for all those minutes? If he's just there to be a spot up shooter, can't we give those minutes to Ross(or Carroll when he's back) to give Lowry a bit of rest?
            There is this.

But the three are very good together as a closing lineup, so 5 or 6 of those 8 minutes aren't going away anytime soon, nor should they with their combined +10 net rating in over 300 minutes played.

I'm more concerned with the number of minutes Lowry is playing with lineups where they AREN'T dramatically outscoring the other team - I mean if the starters are going to struggle along being pretty bad anyway, why have that group of players out there with Lowry, basically forcing him to carry those minutes when the team is not producing wins.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What I don't understand is... we probably have 7-8 minutes a game where Lowry/Joseph/DeMar are on the floor together and Joseph/DeMar are running the offense. Why does Lowry have to be on the floor for all those minutes? If he's just there to be a spot up shooter, can't we give those minutes to Ross(or Carroll when he's back) to give Lowry a bit of rest?
              It really doesn't make any sense.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

There is this.

But the three are very good together as a closing lineup, so 5 or 6 of those 8 minutes aren't going away anytime soon, nor should they with their combined +10 net rating in over 300 minutes played.

I'm more concerned with the number of minutes Lowry is playing with lineups where they AREN'T dramatically outscoring the other team - I mean if the starters are going to struggle along being pretty bad anyway, why have that group of players out there with Lowry, basically forcing him to carry those minutes when the team is not producing wins.
                It seems like about 90% of the problems with this team moving forward towards the playoffs start and end with our awful starting lineup.

It makes no sense to me to keep Patterson/Ross on the bench to 'preserve roles', when Ross has moved between starter and bench before and done well in both, and we haven't tried Patterson starting all season.

Start those two, make the early minutes easier on Lowry, and it should all flow from there in my opinion.

Comment

It seems like about 90% of the problems with this team moving forward towards the playoffs start and end with our awful starting lineup.

It makes no sense to me to keep Patterson/Ross on the bench to 'preserve roles', when Ross has moved between starter and bench before and done well in both, and we haven't tried Patterson starting all season.

Start those two, make the early minutes easier on Lowry, and it should all flow from there in my opinion.
                  Casey doesn't like changing line ups.

My favourite example of this is Fields starting last year.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Isn't how that we started the season? I think there are definitely times when Scola's old man tricks are not a good match to the opponent, and 2Pat should start. Why that hasn't been done is beyond me.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                      Isn't how that we started the season? I think there are definitely times when Scola's old man tricks are not a good match to the opponent, and 2Pat should start. Why that hasn't been done is beyond me.
                      Nope. Patterson has started zero games this season.

Comment

• the starters are still holding down the fort waiting for carrol to get back. i'm not too upset. what are the numbers in the small amount where carrol is in that lineup?

i saw the masai interview today and he seems like a guy who isn't going to trade for morris or horford. i would imagine there is always a chance but he seems pretty locked in without having to make a major deal.

Comment

• 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                          Patterson got like three games in pre-season, in which he took zero three pointers because he was trying out his drive game in pre-season (just like DD was trying out a lot of post work, and tough turnaround shots) to diversify his game for the season like all vets do. Then he got sent to the bench for no reason (the team was still scoring more than their opponents with him in spite of him not shooting the ball) and his confidence seemed to crater, and he struggled off the bench for the first month and a half before his game finally picked back up.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            the starters are still holding down the fort waiting for carrol to get back. i'm not too upset. what are the numbers in the small amount where carrol is in that lineup?
                            Just as bad.

Starting lineups with JV playing this year:
                            KL-DD-DC-LS-JV: -2.8 net rating
                            KL-DD-JJ-LS-JV: -2.9 net rating
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Oh, the Powell lineup is -19 over 2 games too but that seems unfair to compare to.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Oh, the Powell lineup is -19 over 2 games too but that seems unfair to compare to.
                                Powell probably shouldn't be playing. Powell, for all his hustle, basically has no serviceable NBA skill at this point. We put him out there, and he's trying, but he doesn't fit anywhere and can't really do anything. So I'm not really sure what's getting him such consistent shots to play. Throw Wright out there and see if he can fit next to our players. At least we know he has some skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X