#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Except he has gotten credit when he has made adjustments. Same as last year, many of his strongest detractors applauded the good moves when he made them. Still doesn't change the fact that we constantly manage to throw games away and seem unprepared or that he isn't that good of a coach but he gets credit when due. To pretend otherwise is silly.
    Yup! I agree. The way the team just isn't prepared for playoffs is BEYOND ME! Or any casual observer! This team is built for playoffs and YET THEY WEREN'T PREPARED?

And the series adjustments - why couldn't he make them IN-GAME? Like transition defense. Why give up so many easy buckets. If you need to watch film and realize that you were giving up easy baskets, you shouldn't be a pro coach.

Finally, everyone says Raps offense is not built for playoffs. that it's easy to stop. and that's what it's been shown every single year now. and yet we do not change our offense. It makes no sense.

I know this coach's been improving from his early years. but I just don't know if he's improved enough for a maturing roster like this. We gotta win now or we're done.

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
      I know this coach's been improving from his early years. but I just don't know if he's improved enough for a maturing roster like this. We gotta win now or we're done.
      Well I mean. Why do we gotta win now? It'd be great, sure, but I mean as long as we can resign Serge & Patterson (if we still want him?) then I think we'll be alright!

Rand wrote: View Post
      Finally, everyone says Raps offense is not built for playoffs. that it's easy to stop. and that's what it's been shown every single year now. and yet we do not change our offense. It makes no sense.
      But the thing is, this same offence gets us plenty of wins in the regular season! So I think it's understandable why there hasn't been much change - we're winning a lot. I mean sure there are plenty of ways our offence could improve, but I don't see why we'd need to tear down the whole thing, maybe just adjust things as needed during the playoffs or something?

Rand wrote: View Post
      Yup! I agree. The way the team just isn't prepared for playoffs is BEYOND ME! Or any casual observer! This team is built for playoffs and YET THEY WEREN'T PREPARED?
      Can't explain that one. Well except for the fact that Kyle was terrible in game 1 - it really did not help. But otherwise, I dunno, hopefully that changes soon.

Comment

• See, my biggest thing with this whole Fire Casey thing is: who would we hire? I mean Casey is far from perfect, but he has had quite a good amount of success with the Raptors.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him out of here after that Wizards sweep - but now... I dunno. He's improved, hopefully his coaching will continue to improve, and at this point he knows the players super well so that can't hurt. I mean I don't think he's a BAD coach, but he's just not as good as Popovich, say, but then who is?

Hmm okay so maybe what I wanna ask all of you who want him gone right away is:

1) who do you think would do a better job and why (if we could get anyone), and

2) who do you think would do a better job of those coaches that we could almost definitely actually get to sign for us (not already under contract, or not already an nba head coach)?

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
          See, my biggest thing with this whole Fire Casey thing is: who would we hire? I mean Casey is far from perfect, but he has had quite a good amount of success with the Raptors.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him out of here after that Wizards sweep - but now... I dunno. He's improved, hopefully his coaching will continue to improve, and at this point he knows the players super well so that can't hurt. I mean I don't think he's a BAD coach, but he's just not as good as Popovich, say, but then who is?

Hmm okay so maybe what I wanna ask all of you who want him gone right away is:

1) who do you think would do a better job and why (if we could get anyone), and

2) who do you think would do a better job of those coaches that we could almost definitely actually get to sign for us (not already under contract, or not already an nba head coach)?
          There is a full thread that has been ongoing for a couple of years of candidates. A few have been hired up (Fizdale, Hoiberg) but plenty of others remain.

Top choices at this point (in no order) seem to be Etorre Messina (Spurs asst), Ime Udoka (Spurs asst), and Kevin Ollie (UConn).
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• All rookie coaches but, y'all want to win now....

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              There is a full thread that has been ongoing for a couple of years of candidates. A few have been hired up (Fizdale, Hoiberg) but plenty of others remain.

Top choices at this point (in no order) seem to be Etorre Messina (Spurs asst), Ime Udoka (Spurs asst), and Kevin Ollie (UConn).
              Why do you think those coaches would be better than Casey?

What kind of defensive and offensive schemes do they run?

Also why would it better than what we currently run?

How are they as motivators?

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Apr 26, 2017, 07:22 AM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I still stand by what I said.

If we don't win the East - Casey got to go as long as there's someone available better than him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

How are they as motivators?

We all know that Casey is great motivator, but is he really? Way too many times our team looked shook over the last few years. Not blaming Casey, but it's worth debating.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I still stand by what I said.

If we don't win the East - Casey got to go as long as there's someone available better than him.
                    I'm not in love with Casey' s ISO heavy offense bet expecting us to beat CAVS may not be realistic. Should we hire David Blatt as his replacement as presumably he would know how best to attack CAVS weeaknesses?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      All rookie coaches but, y'all want to win now....

Why assume that rookie coaches can't win now? Please see Steve Kerr.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        We all know that Casey is great motivator, but is he really? Way too many times our team looked shook over the last few years. Not blaming Casey, but it's worth debating.
                        By "shook" do you mean blown out? That happens to every team once in a while, but I would imagine it hasn't happened to this team as often as it has to others. Even Spurs lost after being up 30 pts. to Warriors.

Comment

• To me replacing Casey is as simple as finding someone that can get along with Lowry (as well as check off all the offence/defence boxes of course). If Lowry isn't back next season then I think it opens up the list of replacements for Casey. Lots of playoffs to go and decisions on who and how to resign players before looking at whether a new coach is needed. Caeys is doing great so far.

Comment

• Bring on kevin mchale!!!

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              To me replacing Casey is as simple as finding someone that can get along with Lowry (as well as check off all the offence/defence boxes of course). If Lowry isn't back next season then I think it opens up the list of replacements for Casey. Lots of playoffs to go and decisions on who and how to resign players before looking at whether a new coach is needed. Caeys is doing great so far.
                              Imo that man is Jay Wright. Don't know if he would leave nova?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                By "shook" do you mean blown out? That happens to every team once in a while, but I would imagine it hasn't happened to this team as often as it has to others. Even Spurs lost after being up 30 pts. to Warriors.
                                By shook I mean looking like a bunch of HS players in a must(kinda)-win game.

Comment

Working...
                                X