#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I've never been a huge fan of Lowry the person, but Lowry the player is the difference between us being an 7th or 8th seed and one that competes for the second seed. I really don't see them letting him walk and without any return.
    What's the point of being the second seed if we play like a 7th seed once the playoffs start?

I'd retain Lowry if possible but my offer is dropping on the daily.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      What's the point of being the second seed if we play like a 7th seed once the playoffs start?

That's true, but it's a wasted discussion unless you think MLSE is going to blow up a 50 win team. Anyway, not ready to have that discussion until after the playoffs. I still think Raptors are going to win the series and hopefully Lowry will get his groove back soon.

Comment

He's been back for six games after a near two month absence, with two key new pieces.

He's not playing well but he's not the biggest issue here imo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          He's been back for six games after a near two month absence, with two key new pieces.

He's not playing well but he's not the biggest issue here imo.
          Absolutely not the biggest issue. I think the thread title speaks for itself but regardless, Lowry's impending free agency (plus that of many others like Ibaka, Patterson, Tucker) definitely puts this team at a cross-roads this summer. If we sign a max or near contract, will MLSE open up to keep Ibaka and Co for a group that very much looks like has hit their ceiling. It's conceivable that MLSE could be convinced that a new coach with the same group would produce better results but we don't really know how MLSE feels about paying taxes for this group.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Absolutely not the biggest issue. I think the thread title speaks for itself but regardless, Lowry's impending free agency (plus that of many others like Ibaka, Patterson, Tucker) definitely puts this team at a cross-roads this summer. If we sign a max or near contract, will MLSE open up to keep Ibaka and Co for a group that very much looks like has hit their ceiling. It's conceivable that MLSE could be convinced that a new coach with the same group would produce better results but we don't really know how MLSE feels about paying taxes for this group.
            "This group" could be out in 5, or could go really far still

Everybody was probably throwing dirt on our casket last year after game 3 round 1 as well.

Ya gotta have faith guys!
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Everybody was probably throwing dirt on our casket last year after game 3 round 1 as well.

This is completely different. Bucks have completely dominated them the last 3 games.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

If this happens it really should be Masai who gets fired.
                Agreed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  What a nightmare scenario. Casey back and Lowry walks? Just kill me
                  They're both gone next yr if they lose this series.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

If this happens it really should be Masai who gets fired.
                    Hellllllllll no. I want Masai to retire a Raptor.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      This is completely different. Bucks have completely dominated them the last 3 games.
                      So? Play game 4. Clean slate.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If you take the longview, I still think Masai's been making good/great moves. But yeah, there's been some pain.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          If you take the longview, I still think Masai's been making good/great moves. But yeah, there's been some pain.
                          From the perspective of pretty much everything he's been phenomenal. But losing Lowry while continuing to stand by Casey would be a huge issue to me. I would not be able to get past it I don't think. And anchoring himself to Casey could be what eventually costs him his job.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

If they do win this series, hard to see them having much success against Cleveland with the way we like to completely throw a game or two in every series. If that is the case, then I don't see how you can just bring everyone back and sell it to the fans as anything other than "happy for 2nd round" aspirations.

I expect us to come back and beat the Bucks but I don't expect that to greatly change my opinion on the long term viability of this team as is.

Comment

• The good news is, if they do manage to get their shit together and win this series, we won't have to judge their season by this series at all. We'll have a full series against the defending champs to use as a barometer.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                The good news is, if they do manage to get their shit together and win this series, we won't have to judge their season by this series at all. We'll have a full series against the defending champs to use as a barometer.
                                Yes, but if they keep playing the way they are now, that series won't go longer than four games.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X