#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    How the eff are you gonna play 31 minutes and not make a basket?
    That can't be on the coach. A bunch of stuff is, but definitely not that.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      If the Raps lose in the 1st round (for the 3rd time in 4 years), it can't be 100% on Casey. Sure, he deserves his share of the blame, but we have to seriously look at our 2 all-stars and determine if they're worthy of being built around. With each playoff game, the answer is becoming clearer.

How the eff are you gonna play 31 minutes and not make a basket?
      changes are needed.

Comment

• so I'm reading stories on Raps this morning and read this:

"“Myself and the the staff have to sell the guys on the fact that you have to move the basketball,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. “You’re not gonna dribble around ‘em. You’re not gonna outrun ‘em or out-quick ‘em.”

So he wants to MOVE THE BALL now that it's playoffs??? Is this the same coach who said "we're never gonna be a high assist team"?

Comment

• I don't like that Casey inserted norm so late and yak and bebe in garbage time. Most of the game was garbage time. I think he should have tried to infuse some energy earlier, throw different looks at the bucks and hope something sticks bc we are desperate next game. I've been hard on bebe but if he's the right guy in this matchup then so be it.
          I also didn't like that cojo started the 2nd half. We already knew that Middleton exploited him in gm 1.
          No joke, I wouldn't dress Carroll. I'd rather the option to use siakam or even Bruno in this matchup.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            I don't like that Casey inserted norm so late and yak and bebe in garbage time. Most of the game was garbage time. I think he should have tried to infuse some energy earlier, throw different looks at the bucks and hope something sticks bc we are desperate next game. I've been hard on bebe but if he's the right guy in this matchup then so be it.
            I also didn't like that cojo started the 2nd half. We already knew that Middleton exploited him in gm 1.
            No joke, I wouldn't dress Carroll. I'd rather the option to use siakam or even Bruno in this matchup.
            Bebe hasn't played in weeks and Siakam hasn't played in months. You can't throw them into a playoff game and expect them to do anything. Bruno isn't even an NBA player. They've got: Lowry, DD, Tucker, Ibaka, Patterson, JV, Joseph, Powell and Wright. That's more than enough guys to beat the fucking Bucks. If they can't figure it out with those guys then they ain't winning....

Comment

• Casey has one more year on his deal after this one if this is correct here:
              http://hoopshype.com/2016/06/15/the-...-head-coaches/

With the fact that the Raptors have to most probably pay tax (and that's a big question for Masai given how our playoffs are going)... does he drop Casey and get someone new? Would MLSE pay Casey $6M and another coach (say $4M) plus play tax on top of it? Seems like a big pitch that Masai would have to make.. consider he's the one that resigned Casey last year.

Even if these playoffs end the way they're looking.. I expect Casey back next season. Simply because of $$$ reasons and not because of actual basketball reasons.

Also these playoffs feel like a whisper in the air.. not much talk around non-basketball fans. Most people are talking hockey or even baseball and the Jays are terrible.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                Bebe hasn't played in weeks and Siakam hasn't played in months. You can't throw them into a playoff game and expect them to do anything. Bruno isn't even an NBA player. They've got: Lowry, DD, Tucker, Ibaka, Patterson, JV, Joseph, Powell and Wright. That's more than enough guys to beat the fucking Bucks. If they can't figure it out with those guys then they ain't winning....
                I agree with you but most of the lineup looks like trash and i think we are done if we lose game 4. If someone can step up then I don't care what they did a month ago and when you are down 30 all night it doesn't really matter if you try something different and it fails.
                Matchups and coaching have been key imo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Casey has one more year on his deal after this one if this is correct here:
                  http://hoopshype.com/2016/06/15/the-...-head-coaches/

With the fact that the Raptors have to most probably pay tax (and that's a big question for Masai given how our playoffs are going)... does he drop Casey and get someone new? Would MLSE pay Casey $6M and another coach (say $4M) plus play tax on top of it? Seems like a big pitch that Masai would have to make.. consider he's the one that resigned Casey last year.

Even if these playoffs end the way they're looking.. I expect Casey back next season. Simply because of $$$ reasons and not because of actual basketball reasons.

Also these playoffs feel like a whisper in the air.. not much talk around non-basketball fans. Most people are talking hockey or even baseball and the Jays are terrible.
                  Casey has 2 more years. This is the 1st year of a 3yr/18M deal. He'll be around next year. If the Raps lose to the Bucks, I suspect Lowry will be low-balled and he'll walk, effectively making him the scapegoat.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Casey has 2 more years. This is the 1st year of a 3yr/18M deal. He'll be around next year. If the Raps lose to the Bucks, I suspect Lowry will be low-balled and he'll walk, effectively making him the scapegoat.
                    I think this'll happen too.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I cannot believe this is my first post, and that my in my first post i'd be joining this corner of the world that wants Casey gone. But I've run out of reasons to let it go on.

In fact I firmly believe this team - with these players, could contend for a 'ship. And the facts really bare that out.

When the Raps move the ball. In a 2017-type offense, they are extremely good and deadly. Even game 2 showed flashes of that. When they moved the ball they built up leads. They reverted to iso-ball? Lead came back down.

This isn't a short term anomaly either. For a few seasons now, it's been clear, that this core crew, if they ran a modern offense focusing on ball movement, would score on anyone with deadly precision.

It's unbelievable to me that the coaching staff as a whole (who are paid millions) can't see something that's right in front of their faces. This isn't a crazy analytic stat either. It's simple cause and effect that's been proven over and over with this very team.

I'm truly sad it's come to me joining the #firecasey corner, but between game 2 and game 3 it just became blindingly clear to me, if this exact group moves the ball for a full game, this wouldn't even be a series. Supporting Casey this whole time has its limits. And even if he is growing as a coach (which he has), his growth isn't keeping pace with the teams window.

It's really as simple as that! No matter how you view Casey, he's not learning fast enough to win a 'ship with the crew he's got now, in the window that crew has.

Comment

What a nightmare scenario. Casey back and Lowry walks? Just kill me

Comment

Casey stays and Lowry walks? then so do Ibaka and Tucker, and this becomes an 8th seed at best.

If you're going to let Lowry walk then you might as well tear it down and rebuild. and Casey is clearly NOT the guy to oversee that, either, given his love affair with veterans and his total lack of basketball sense. MLSE shouldn't waste the first 2 years of a rebuild, not when the leafs are poised to take over the town again and relegate the raptors to complete irrelevance.

Fire casey and bring in a good coach for these players, or fire him and blow it up, either way he has no business coaching in the NBA.
                          Last edited by KHD; Fri Apr 21, 2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            pretty sure if Casey is back i'll be watching a lot more leafs than raps next year.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              If this happens it really should be Masai who gets fired.

Comment

• I've never been a huge fan of Lowry the person, but Lowry the player is the difference between us being an 7th or 8th seed and one that competes for the second seed. I really don't see them letting him walk and without any return.

Comment

Working...
                                X