#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Play to the offense. Dallas could try to play Memphis style grind out games but they don't have to. They can knock down threes and keep games close enough to win on the last few possessions. A team like the Bucks don't shoot well enough to justify playing close. Teams without a dominant ISO scorer have to play defensive. Memphis can't allow teams to get big leads late because they can't recover shooting 2's.
    Dallas offensive rating 112.6 Raptors 112.4 Probably the 2 most similar teams in the NBA by combined offence/defence rating.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      I don't think he misused it, and I don't blame him for saying Jonas is asked to hedge, because a lot of other people have said the same thing.

And people were agreeing - no one bothered to correct what he said, because they've been hearing the same thing as well.
      Whoa. I did misuse "hedge"...when I wrote "execute/hedge" I was attempting to cover all of JV's frantic moves towards the ballhandler which were as terrible as his fakes with the ball which he about never shoots...and then getting beat on his primary responsibilities trying to get back.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Dallas offensive rating 112.6 Raptors 112.4 Probably the 2 most similar teams in the NBA by combined offence/defence rating.
        Defense and Offense is about gaining control of a game. Carlisle can pressure teams offensively by scoring. A defense is worthless unless there is some offense to support it. Late in games Casey resorts to very low percentage twos which allows teams to jack up threes at the same low % but higher value. A lead can quickly evaporate this way. Contrast to Memphis who scores high % two late punishing any missed shot. Net and controlling pace is always more important than raw numbers.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          Yeah, sure. But over the many years of Carlisle coaching Dallas, Dallas' DRTG has gone up and down, their peak was in their 'ship year, where they had Kidd, Marion, and Chandler (HINT: designing system around personnel). And their lowest was when they started Marion, Nowitski, Calderon, Samuel Dalembert, and Ellis. Where everyone but Ellis was over 30, and Marion was broken down.

EDIT: link http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/
          So what you are saying is that with good defensive players, you have a good defensive team, and with bad defensive players, you have a bad defensive team.

Guess which category a lot of the Raps players fall under?
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• So I guess we need a system that fits these trash defensive players ( which I assume means a new coach ) or we trade JV for a more athletic centre to fit the system.

All in all it's either the system that's gotta go or the players gotta go.
            Right?
            2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
              So I guess we need a system that fits these trash defensive players ( which I assume means a new coach ) or we trade JV for a more athletic centre to fit the system.

Right?
              If Casey was to go back to his old system we'd be fine. But instead he's letting GV become SG numbah 4 on us. PASS THE DAMN BALL GREASY!
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                If Casey was to go back to his old system we'd be fine. But instead he's letting GV become SG numbah 4 on us. PASS THE DAMN BALL GREASY!
                There was no system. Mid season trade meant no time to practice and no way to teach guys a defensive system. Basically the best defense the Raptors ever played was without coaching a system.

Comment

• According to Casey's own words we don't have the personal.

So he's basically saying we need to make some trades. Do you keep Casey and build around him or keep JV and build around him?

That seems to be the question.
                  2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

There was no system. Mid season trade meant no time to practice and no way to teach guys a defensive system. Basically the best defense the Raptors ever played was without coaching a system.
                    There may have not been a defensive system in place, but there certainly was a o-system. We used a solid version of Horns against teams, but our ball movement is down this year. A lot.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

There may have not been a defensive system in place, but there certainly was a o-system. We used a solid version of Horns against teams, but our ball movement is down this year. A lot.
                      Team isn't playing pick and roll and pick and pop. Jack mentioned it repeatedly, the offense is guys standing around at the three point line. Casey in training camp put down tape to spots he wants guys standing in offense.

Comment

So I guess we need a system that fits these trash defensive players ( which I assume means a new coach ) or we trade JV for a more athletic centre to fit the system.

Right?
                        Hasn't JV been spending most of his defensive time in and around the paint lately though? I haven't noticed him scrambling around in some time now. I'm sure I read an article or saw a clip where Patterson was discussing how it's different to play with JV defensively as he cannot be expected to hedge and recover like Amir or Hans. They are keeping him back now for the most part I think and the other guys are trying to adjust. It's just way more difficult to execute in the PnR against Amir, Hans, and Patterson than it is with JV. But it seems like he is hanging back, so the guards have to improve the D on the ball handler.

Comment

Team isn't playing pick and roll and pick and pop. Jack mentioned it repeatedly, the offense is guys standing around at the three point line. Casey in training camp put down tape to spots he wants guys standing in offense.
                          We need to bring back Horns. ATL is killing it with there version. We could do the same.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                            So what you are saying is that with good defensive players, you have a good defensive team, and with bad defensive players, you have a bad defensive team.

Guess which category a lot of the Raps players fall under?
                            Uh no, I mentioned the fact that his worst defensive team had players over the age of 30 starting and one under in Ellis. I never said they were bad, I just mentioned they weren't athletic enough. With young, healthy, athletic players, they might have had a good defensive team.

Guess which category a lot of Raps players fall under?

A lesson in semantics by Mindl-I REALLY GOTTA CHANGE MY USERNAME.
                            Last edited by Mindlessness; Wed Jan 28, 2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

We need to bring back Horns. ATL is killing it with there version. We could do the same.
                              Hey!! This is our offense, come hell or high water

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

According to Casey's own words we don't have the personal.

So he's basically saying we need to make some trades. Do you keep Casey and build around him or keep JV and build around him?

That seems to be the question.
                                That's a question? lol JV has more years in his career left than Casey has in his life
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X