Everything Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    Biz has been awesome but I'd rather see him walk. Retaining him will likely ensure that JV doesn't see 30 mpg. I'd rather that we let JV continue on the road to becoming a beast.
    If we can keep him, why wouldn't we? What if JV gets injured again? Depth is the reason we are in the ECF. Good teams are deep.

Comment

• Question ... Could Bismack Biyombo ever play the PF position ie have him and Jonas on the floor at the same time ?

Comment

• I don't think so. They would be very limited on what they could do on offense as a team with that lineup.

Not to mention it's unlikely Biz comes back because the man has earned a large raise above bench money.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          Question ... Could Bismack Biyombo ever play the PF position ie have him and Jonas on the floor at the same time ?
          yeah, but JV would need to improve his range almost out to the 3 line and I'd want our SG to be able to shoot better from 3,
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
            Question ... Could Bismack Biyombo ever play the PF position ie have him and Jonas on the floor at the same time ?
            it would limit one of either of their best skills. they are both fantastic offensive rebounders. technically jonus might have the range to make it viable and biz could watch the other teams 4 but it is easier to just get a pf like 2pats to play with either of them.

Comment

• the problem is Biz is still a bench guy. Are you going to pay a bench guy 60m?
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I dunno if I would ever want to see both JV and Biz share the floor together after yesterdays game against the Cavs..yikes!!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  the problem is Biz is still a bench guy. Are you going to pay a bench guy 60m?
                  The cap is going up about 25% this year, and even more so the year after. So a $15M contract in next year's cap will be equivalent to about $11M in this year's cap.

I think $11M is too much. Would rather pay him in the $8-9M range (because he's a backup). And that's about $11M in the new cap.

So personally I'd be fine with a $44M/4 contract not a $60M/4 contract.

I trust in Masai with his negotiations skills. He got JV down to $16M a year and Lowry to $12M a year. Biyombo seems like his guy too. Could see $10M but that requires trading Ross or not bringing DD back.

Comment

• Biz has played well as a starter. Using your scenario now, if you yourself had these following two options which would you choose?

Option One - $60M contract as a starter for any team.
                    Option Two - Sign for $16M less over the same term and settle for backup minutes in Toronto.

I don't care how good Ujiri is, he's not that good. No one is.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      it would limit one of either of their best skills. they are both fantastic offensive rebounders. technically jonus might have the range to make it viable and biz could watch the other teams 4 but it is easier to just get a pf like 2pats to play with either of them.
                      And neither of them would do well defensively against PFs. Biz is frequently undisciplined when guarding bigs with range. Sags off them too much off the ball, and plays too tight on the ball. Biz is a good high energy defender, but he is not as quick as a lot of people seem to think he is. Being able to occasionally play good D on a switch is not the same as consistently guarding faster players with range.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Biz has played well as a starter. Using your scenario now, if you yourself had these following two options which would you choose?

Option One - $60M contract as a starter for any team.
                        Option Two - Sign for $16M less over the same term and settle for backup minutes in Toronto.

I don't care how good Ujiri is, he's not that good. No one is.
                        Yeah, if he has those options sitting there to choose from.

But the reality is more like:

a) Agree to sign with Toronto for 4/40 as a backup right away to give Masai time to clear cap for you.
                        b) Wait for the market to dry up and hope there remains a team that wants to sign you as a starter for more than that, in spite of posting practically identical numbers to last season, which you got a 3M dollar deal out of.

It's very possible there is a team that wants to sign Biyombo to be their starter, for big money. I think it's unlikely he is the top priority for any team. He'll have to wait for dominoes to fall.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          And neither of them would do well defensively against PFs. Biz is frequently undisciplined when guarding bigs with range. Sags off them too much off the ball, and plays too tight on the ball. Biz is a good high energy defender, but he is not as quick as a lot of people seem to think he is. Being able to occasionally play good D on a switch is not the same as consistently guarding faster players with range.
                          i think that is because he is usually the only guy able to protect the rim and when he is pulled away he is more concerned with being able to get back for a block.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            b) Wait for the market to dry up and hope there remains a team that wants to sign you as a starter for more than that, in spite of posting practically identical numbers to last season, which you got a 3M dollar deal out of.
                            offensively how close? per 36 how close?

Comment

i think that is because he is usually the only guy able to protect the rim and when he is pulled away he is more concerned with being able to get back for a block.
                              Yeah and that's a bad habit if he'd consistently be on non-centres.

Biz has played great for us as a backup, but he's just a good backup/fringe starter at a position where we have a more talented guy ahead of him. We also got JV on a great extension. You don't want to offset that by overpaying Biz.

It's more important to find someone who can play PF at a high enough level, and ideally can complement either JV or 2Pat.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

offensively how close? per 36 how close?
                                Per 36 averages, this year vs last, guess which year is which:

8.8 PTS, 54% FG%, 5.1 FTA, 4.6 OREB, 7.2 DREB, 2.9 BLK
                                9.0 PTS, 54% FG%, 4.5 FTA, 3.6 OREB, 9.4 DREB, 2.6 BLK
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X