Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    That's just another mill that needs to be shaved if Masai has to go for max-contract space.
    Do you think that's a problem?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Do you think that's a problem?
      That was a little facetious. I don't particularly want to have to waive all these amassed rights - ie max-contract cap space is fool's gold.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
        I'm going to go out on a limb and say he signs for two years. Maybe with a mutual third-year option.

Which would be irrational, as you suggest, Dan (in a way). But I can see Toronto wanting to make it clear that we are "banking" on a future for AB here. And AB wanting to enter in to the same kind of understanding with his "homies". Hey, LeBron ain't the only 1st overall that can go home, right?

So: $950K - 2015 / $1.8M (+/-) 2016.

Beyond that ... maybe a mutual option for ... $5M? Or just hope to renegotiate ... hopefully for some pretty big dollars.

And they could have signed a 1-yr deal pretty quickly, if that's all they're after, right?

Basically, I think they're going to go off somewhere and work out some understandings ... and then "make-out".

Your idea is nice, but it's just that, a nice idea. Completely infeasible.

First, signing using the minimum salary exception (which is all the Raptors have) only allows for one or two year deals. Can't offer a third year.

Second, signing a player to a minimum deal means that every year of the deal is the minimum salary - no second year doubling of his salary, and definitely no jump to 5M the year after (if such a year were even possible, which as I said it is not). That would be blatantly breaking the rules for maximum raises.

Even with an agreement in place, there's no guarantee they could have had the document signed for end of business (no contract is official until the league office, which operates 9-5 Monday to Friday, approves it). So, no rush. He'll come to the office probably on media day (before the team goes to Vancouver) and sign then.

The only negotiation will be "one year or two?" That's all they can negotiate (beyond unguaranteed salary and such but I imagine that would be a non-starter).
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Your idea is nice, but it's just that, a nice idea. Completely infeasible.

First, signing using the minimum salary exception (which is all the Raptors have) only allows for one or two year deals. Can't offer a third year.

Second, signing a player to a minimum deal means that every year of the deal is the minimum salary - no second year doubling of his salary, and definitely no jump to 5M the year after (if such a year were even possible, which as I said it is not). That would be blatantly breaking the rules for maximum raises.

Even with an agreement in place, there's no guarantee they could have had the document signed for end of business (no contract is official until the league office, which operates 9-5 Monday to Friday, approves it). So, no rush. He'll come to the office probably on media day (before the team goes to Vancouver) and sign then.

The only negotiation will be "one year or two?" That's all they can negotiate (beyond unguaranteed salary and such but I imagine that would be a non-starter).
          Ach! But thanks. So you just can't offer any raise at all in the second year? Any idea of the rationale for that (just curious)?

Can't see him signing two years at the minimum. But if he does ... I'll be impressed. Overall a powerful "reset-button" hit. Perhaps very wise if he really thinks this is the place ...

He gets a thorough trashing in this SI piece, though, if anyone's interested. A historical bust, who should be wearing a paper bag over his head ...

http://www.si.com/cauldron/2015/09/2...rwolves-future

(Fuck 'em. )

Comment

• I like that the Raptors are keeping a stock of Canadians on the roster that they can loan out to the national team for those future FIBA qualifiers that take place during the NBA season.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
              I like that the Raptors are keeping a stock of Canadians on the roster that they can loan out to the national team for those future FIBA qualifiers that take place during the NBA season.
              Let's hope the raptors are patriotic

Comment

• Depending on cost, this is a good move. Feel bad for Roberts though. Hypothetically, say Roberts makes the team and bennet signs for between 1-2 million, 1.5, does that effect the luxury tax?

I would like bennet to be starting with the 905 all year and not warming the bench.

I feel sorry for Roberts if this move handcuffs the team into bennet as the 15th before camp begins.

Comment

Amen. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz here (I blame Twitter, reddit maybe?), but to me, this really puts the ultimate stamp on such a beautiful offseason for Masai. There IS something going on here - so many assets, and a window that is only just starting to open.

As Raptor fans, we've never seen anything like this. We have never been close to fully stocked
                  with players and prospect. Now we are, and more to the point it feels like a good mix. That all falls apart (oh noes another lottery pick) if DeMar and Lowry are shells of their former selves.

Hell, even if they did it feels like we've got MORE than enough to compensate. How fucked is that?

I can't wait to see how it turns out, for Bennett and this organization. This could be a very special time for all of us.
                  I feel the same way. I'm pretty excited for this season. Casey is literally the only thing that's standing in my way of happiness lol. I KNOW he is going to find a way to fuck this all up. He's just that dumb.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

It really is lining up that way though. We might see a little Scola at the 5, a little Cory at the 2, but otherwise I actually think we're safe.

Thanks Masai.
                    We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      I feel the same way. I'm pretty excited for this season. Casey is literally the only thing that's standing in my way of happiness lol. I KNOW he is going to find a way to fuck this all up. He's just that dumb.
                      Pretty much. We just need to wait out the year (hopefully even sooner) then we can get a better coach.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        It's pretty easy to say this from afar, but I'm willing to give the man a shot with a team that supposedly built to fit his coaching strengths. Sure, if he/the team fail to improve on the last two seasons, it's going to be disappointing. He almost assuredly won't be back if that happens, but to call the guy dumb is just silly. I really don't get the personal jabs a lot of people have against coaches/players/management. Say he's not a good head coach, maybe, but he's not in that position if he's dumb.

Comment

• I think its already reported that he'll be signed for min, could be wrong though. Its a low risk move. Bennett has been a complete disappointment, but he still has some upside. If he improves and plays well then good for us, if not, then he'll be gone next season anyways.

Comment

• Man, I hope Casey kills it this year. Would love to see a successful year and read about how it could be better because reasons.

Comment

• I wonder how he's going to fit into the rotation.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                Not sure why ppl are so against this..
                                Good signing. Off the bench play with corey joseph,chemistry..
                                I can c him play good 15 minutes,maybe even more,the kid has talent.
                                Plus this is a move....down the road 2 get Wiggins,doesn't hurt...right
                                Are people "so against this"?

Comment

Working...
                                X