Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. As long as Masai & Bobby are here... Fred is a Raptor for life.
    That's good.

I'm pretty confident they're going to re-sign Poeltl. They didn't trade all those draft picks for a rental player. And with this Fred news? I'm pretty confident they're going to re-sign him too.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I was told he's washed up, I was told he's on the decline, I was told Trent is the better player LOL.....oh well.....

https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/...M6jXf_xlg&s=19
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• "There's a lot of teams that could use me to take them over the hump to a Championship"
        Confident, great. But zero humbleness and the lack of situational awareness is astounding.
        Zero ownership of this team's failed (expectations) season.

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

"There's a lot of teams that could use me to take them over the hump to a Championship"
          Confident, great. But zero humbleness and the lack of situational awareness is astounding.
          nah we are all just reading into this very much and don't understand because we are but mere fans all who have never played basketball

Comment

"There's a lot of teams that could use me to take them over the hump to a Championship"
            I should add that even if there was a single NBA team, a single one that truly thought he was the key to get them over the hump (LOL) to a Chip, he'd be on that team in a heartbeat because Masai would have received a "can't refuse" offer.

Comment

If he's confident he's not humble, if he's humble he's not genuine. If I had to chose between the two I'm fine with any of our players being confident even if it borders absurdity. Better to play with that mentality than to hesitate if you're a scorer. Let Masai and Bobby decide on his future with or without us.

Comment

I mean he was fairly important in beating the Bucks and Warriors. We scraped past the Sixers and part of that was because Fred was unplayable.

Although he was a bench player at the time and a great one at that. Winning championships as a starter would depend on the talent on the team.

Comment

I should add that even if there was a single NBA team, a single one that truly thought he was the key to get them over the hump (LOL) to a Chip, he'd be on that team in a heartbeat because Masai would have received a "can't refuse" offer.
                  Masai can't even get the Clippers' backup PG for him. Smh

It will be a really interesting summer for Masai and co.
                  The Raptor culture is being ruined by selfish me-first personalities and that should be fixed.
                  Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Apr 4, 2023, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If he's confident he's not humble, if he's humble he's not genuine. If I had to chose between the two I'm fine with any of our players being confident even if it borders absurdity. Better to play with that mentality than to hesitate if you're a scorer. Let Masai and Bobby decide on his future with or without us.
                    He can be confident while still acknowledging his role in a disappointing season. Tons of confident players take ownership in a loss or poor season, that's leadership. Not that it's unexpected in his pay-me-again season, but his situational awareness (other than aware he's in his pay-me-again season) is brutal.

Saying this kind of self aggrandizing puffery on a no-name podcast is dumb. Again, if all thought he was the key to "getting over the hump" to a Championship no less, he would no longer be here and Masai would have been over whelmed with offers.

Comment

• I want Fred gone but his comments there don't bother me in the slightest. Confidence is good. I just wish his game was as good as his confidence. To be sub 40% from the field and still ooze confidence takes some balls.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        I want Fred gone but his comments there don't bother me in the slightest. Confidence is good. I just wish his game was as good as his confidence. To be sub 40% from the field and still ooze confidence takes some balls.
                        Can't talk like that in a disappointing season.
                        Shows how much he is chasing another big contract.

Comment

He can be confident while still acknowledging his role in a disappointing season. Tons of confident players take ownership in a loss or poor season, that's leadership. Not that it's unexpected in his pay-me-again season, but his situational awareness (other than aware he's in his pay-me-again season) is brutal.

Saying this kind of self aggrandizing puffery on a no-name podcast is dumb. Again, if all thought he was the key to "getting over the hump" to a Championship no less, he would no longer be here and Masai would have been over whelmed with offers.
                          Meh, doesn't bother me at all. Remember Sonny and DeMar talking about being unstoppable on offense? Scorers need to have that mentality even if they are deluded at times. Or else you get something similar to the Philly series during the championship run where everyone is passing the ball around the perimeter until it gets to Kawhi, cause they are too scared to take a shot. We don't have a Kawhi so that isn't going to work right now.
                          Last edited by LJ2; Tue Apr 4, 2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Meh, doesn't bother me at all. Remember Sonny and DeMar talking about being unstoppable on offense? Scorers need to have that mentality event if they are deluded at times. Or else you get something similar to the Philly series during the championship run where everyone is passing the ball around the perimeter until it gets to Kawhi, cause they are too scared to take a shot. We don't have a Kawhi so that isn't going to work right now.
                            Well, let's see if Fred can take that confidence in the play-in/offs.
                            That's where he needed to show off his real worth, not in any distracting self aggrandizing pod.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Can't talk like that in a disappointing season.
                              Shows how much he is chasing another big contract.
                              The correct move would be to stop doing so many interviews while the team is playing poorly. This isn't a post game interview, him doing these podcasts is completely optional. There are a lot of guys on the roster yet Fred seems to be in way more of these extracurricular interviews.

Comment

• Maybe not a popular opinion... but are we too hard on the guy right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X