No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought DD played better the last three games. He got out of control hunting shots a little bit but I thought it was much better than against the Pacers and some of the early Heat games where he was far more stubborn with the ball. He wasn't great but he was fine.

Not everyone is going to be a fan of his game but it is what it is right now. As long as he's doing things quickly and in the flow of the offense it's okay. He just needs to limit the over dribbling and hunting for shots to a few times a game and it won't be a big issue.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      The last 3 games against the Heat were actually pretty good. Shot over 43 percent and averaged 28 ppg 5 rebounds....

I guess that's not good enough for you? Are you Michael? Michael Jordan is that you?

It's not easy when teams try to take away your strengths. He's a scorer....says so on the placards he got from Casey at the beginning of the season.

If he can occupy the other team's best defender.... Then that means he's helping the team. No replacement level player is going to do that while putting up 28 ppg over that stretch and you know it.
      Game 6 8 for 21
      Game 7 12 for 29

just cuz you compiled the games together doesn't make Demar "showed up" I don't know you personally but you seem to think people here are stupid. That's the only reason why you could have come with that non-sense stat. Well, the other reason may just that you just are a blind homer.

those are not "showing up" numbers... and lets not even discuss the Defense he brings. Nobody here is asking for Michael.

So wait, now we are down to the argument that as long as he occupies Deng then hes helping the team? And I should know it? What the hell is that dude? thats a terrible argument why a guy" showed up" or are we just moving the goal post here?

why is it so hard for you to just plain and simple admit that this guy had a horrible couple of playoff series and collectively hope Demar actually shows up against Cleveland? Im just baffled by this blind homerism towards one player in this team. I dont think ive ever seen that before in any professional sports.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
        why is it so hard for you to just plain and simple admit that this guy had a horrible couple of playoff series and collectively hope Demar actually shows up against Cleveland? Im just baffled by this blind homerism towards one player in this team. I dont think ive ever seen that before in any professional sports.
        It was just as bad during the Bargnani era. We just didn't have any playoff numbers to magnify the futility.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
          What does "occupying a defender" mean to you? Jacking up a contested shot over them? Cause that's what it means to DeMar. I guess he did abuse Tyler Johnson a lot though. Good for him.
          Just to add on to that; despite having "the best defenders" on him; he still managed to average more shots than anyone else playing in the playoffs this year. On any team.

It's one thing to say that Demar hasn't been awful ... but to say that he's even been average is pushing it at best. To even suggest that we won because of him is mind blowing on any level.

Demar has shown this year that he's a better player (or at least capable of being a better player) than he is showing this playoffs but the cold hard truth of the matter is that we really have been winning in spite of him; and not because of him. Almost every possible metric you can use will support this notion including the eye test. Demar's one of the rare cases where his stat line actually makes him look better than he's been ... and the stat lines aren't good.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            It was just as bad during the Bargnani era. We just didn't have any playoff numbers to magnify the futility.
            to be honest Bargnani literally wouldn't have "showed up" in the playoffs in fear of national media asking questions about his balls.

Comment

• DeMar got better than the rock-bottom shit show we saw earlier, but it's still been disappointing after what we saw from him this season. These playoffs he's mostly turned into a guy who gives you one point per FGA and not much else. Seriously there are quite a few perimeter players in the league who could pull that off, but most of them aren't allowed to jack 20+ FGA per game for obvious reasons.

I'd be much more fine with DeMar's shooting if we were still seeing defensive hustle, play making, and a smarter shot selection we saw during the first 82. Unfortunately that all tailed off in the postseason and it looks like he's just zeroed in on getting his 20 ppg one way or another, everything else be damned. #ProveEm

DeMar putting his energy into other areas and giving the team 15 ppg would be better than the DeMar we've been getting. Same old story, I guess.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                Game 6 8 for 21
                Game 7 12 for 29

just cuz you compiled the games together doesn't make Demar "showed up" I don't know you personally but you seem to think people here are stupid. That's the only reason why you could have come with that non-sense stat. Well, the other reason may just that you just are a blind homer.

those are not "showing up" numbers... and lets not even discuss the Defense he brings. Nobody here is asking for Michael.

So wait, now we are down to the argument that as long as he occupies Deng then hes helping the team? And I should know it? What the hell is that dude? thats a terrible argument why a guy" showed up" or are we just moving the goal post here?

Since you left it out on purpose

Game 5

34 points on 11/22 shooting 11/11 ft 4 rebounds 2 assists and 2 steals

Those are awesome numbers

That was obviously his best game and it came in a pivotal game 5.

#replacementlevelplayer

Comment

Game 5

#replacementlevelplayer
                  Congratulations. DeRozan's batting 1 for 14.

Comment

Game 5

#replacementlevelplayer
                    But this is what we've been saying. You are lumping in games 5, 6 and 7 together when really he played great in game 5 and was awful to well-below-average in every other game this series (just like last series, one good game) including 6 and 7. That's not a great look.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Congratulations. DeRozan's batting 1 for 14.
                      I'd say 2 for 14. Solid in game 5 last series too.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Game 5

#replacementlevelplayer
                        Did I not say he had one good game in 14 tries? or are you just being a sore loser and trolling now?

cuz showing up in one game in 14 tries doesnt mean he showed up in the last 3 games. your arguments keep getting childish... but hey ride away. buy them jerseys though.. support the franchise!! we need you!!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          I'd say 2 for 14. Solid in game 5 last series too.
                          I stand corrected. A 0.143 batting average. DeRozan should definitely be batting cleanup.

Comment

But this is what we've been saying. You are lumping in games 5, 6 and 7 together when really he played great in game 5 and was awful to well-below-average in every other game this series (just like last series, one good game) including 6 and 7. That's not a great look.
                            No, it isn't a great look. I debated with a coworker over what the Raptors should do with DeRozan. He shows up, hoists his 20+ FGA's a game, and doesn't do much else. It goes unmentioned on the Sportsnet/TSN broadcasts, but ESPN/TNT/NBATV constantly question his decision-making, shot-selection and efficiency. It would be such an MLSE move to max him out and hope that this putrid production is a product of Paul George's defense and his thumb injury while banking on him to take up the mantle as Lowry ages. If he tries to pull the same garbage against the Cavs, they're going to get swept. That's far too many possessions wasted trying to get his numbers while everyone else stands and watches.

Comment

No one.

I'm not looking for "better." I'm looking for "non-disastrous."

We're supposed to have two stars on this team, but the on off splits are saying we have one.
                              In terms of 'stars'

What do JV's splits look like?

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                In terms of 'stars'

What do JV's splits look like?
                                -0.3 net rating overall.

Hasn't played enough minutes without Lowry to have a real sample in the playoffs.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X