• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Since you left it out on purpose

Game 5

34 points on 11/22 shooting 11/11 ft 4 rebounds 2 assists and 2 steals

Those are awesome numbers

That was obviously his best game and it came in a pivotal game 5.

#replacementlevelplayer
    Great number and you can see the confidence that the coach has in him.

It is also great to see the relationship between Lowry and DD. They stand by one another, they compliment one another and help the other one to be a better player.

Best Season ever on the shoulder on these men and that coach.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      -0.3 net rating overall.

Hasn't played enough minutes without Lowry to have a real sample in the playoffs.
      Makes sense

Comment

• Yea how anyone can defend this guy any longer is beyond me. Such blind Homerism.
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• What's beyond me is the persistent negativity .. its amazing. If we through a party, it would not be very fun to go to. Lol

Everyone knows Demar is struggling, but has had some good stretches, and even a few very good stretches. But over these playoffs, as a whole, he is struggling ... there's no doubt about that, and really there's no arguing that. I don't think anyone here, even those who are very much on Demars side, would/could argue with that. But I think the defense lies in that when Demar IS playing his best, we are a better team, and I think that gets overlooked because of how poorly he has been playing for a little while now. But we've seen it, and we know that he can make this team better .. so why not try and be optimistic that we will see it, or converse on how he might be able to get back to his peak form, instead of beating the dead horse that is Demars struggles? Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Joey; Mon May 16, 2016, 07:17 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            What's beyond me is the persistent negativity .. its amazing. If we through a party, it would not be very fun to go to. Lol

Everyone knows Demar is struggling, but has had some good stretches, and even a few very good stretches. But over these playoffs, as a whole, he is struggling ... there's no doubt about that, and really there's no arguing that. I don't think anyone here, even those who are very much on Demars side, would/could argue with that. But I think the defense lies in that when Demar IS playing his best, we are a better team, and I think that gets overlooked because of how poorly he has been playing for a little while now. But we've seen it, and we know that he can make this team better .. so why not try and be optimistic that we will see it, or converse on how he might be able to get back to his peak form, instead of beating the dead horse that is Demars struggles? Just my thoughts.

If it was agreed upon that he has been bad, the conversation wouldn't be happening. You are seeing a consensus that doesn't exist.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If it was agreed upon that he has been bad, the conversation wouldn't be happening. You are seeing a consensus that doesn't exist.
              I didn't say "Bad" though. I said "struggling". I'd there's enough of a difference.

Comment

I didn't say "Bad" though. I said "struggling". I'd there's enough of a difference.
                Have you ever seen anyone saying don't beat a dead horse while beating a dead horse?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                  Have you ever seen anyone saying don't beat a dead horse while beating a dead horse?
                  Sorry, what?

Comment

The difference in my eyes, is that some people want to focus on the negative (not necessarily saying you though), and some want to focus on the positive. special1 and Christian are focusing on the positive, clearly, but by their own admission Demar has only had a handful of good-ish game this off-season. They just choose to focus on those good bits, but I don't think either has said that Demar has been great, or even good, through-out the entirety of the off-season.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon May 16, 2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

The difference in my eyes, is that some people want to focus on the negative (not necessarily saying you though), and some want to focus on the positive. special1 and Christian are focusing on the positive, clearly, but by their own admission Demar has only had a handful of good-ish game this off-season. They just choose to focus on those good bits, but I don't think either has said that Demar has been great, or even good, through-out the entirety of the off-season.
                      He hasn't just been 'struggling', he's been bad.

Here's the full list of guys who've taken over 200 shots this year in the playoffs, sorted by win shares:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws

Everyone has more than +1 win share. Except DeMar. Everyone has more than 15 PER. Except DeMar. Everyone has an offensive rating over 100. Except DeMar. DeMar has the lowest assist rate of the bunch. Lillard and Lowry are the only ones with lower rebounding rates. He has the only negative VORP and the only negative BPM.

He's not struggling. He's bad.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                        He hasn't just been 'struggling', he's been bad.

Here's the full list of guys who've taken over 200 shots this year in the playoffs, sorted by win shares:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws

Everyone has more than +1 win share. Except DeMar. Everyone has more than 15 PER. Except DeMar. Everyone has an offensive rating over 100. Except DeMar. DeMar has the lowest assist rate of the bunch. Lillard and Lowry are the only ones with lower rebounding rates. He has the only negative VORP and the only negative BPM.

He's not struggling. He's bad.
                        I've seen all of your stats... but ok, nevermind.. not sure why I thought I could even find some common ground. Lol

Comment

I've seen all of your stats... but ok, nevermind.. not sure why I thought I could even find some common ground. Lol
                          I ate crow during the regular season when DeMar played like a better version of himself. I wanted to believe that was just who he was, and was willing to accept the new contract in that light. But... in the playoffs, when the game mattered, he fully regressed and doesn't even care.

When he does interviews, all he talks about are his shots falling. He doesn't give a shit about his playmaking or defense.

The first quarter of game 7 was a travesty. 19 shots, 16 taken by Lowry or DeMar, two of the other three shots were putbacks off their misses.

That's not team basketball.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            Great number and you can see the confidence that the coach has in him.

It is also great to see the relationship between Lowry and DD. They stand by one another, they compliment one another and help the other one to be a better player.

Best Season ever on the shoulder on these men and that coach.
                            +1
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What's beyond me is the persistent negativity .. its amazing. If we through a party, it would not be very fun to go to. Lol

+1
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                I ate crow during the regular season when DeMar played like a better version of himself. I wanted to believe that was just who he was, and was willing to accept the new contract in that light. But... in the playoffs, when the game mattered, he fully regressed and doesn't even care.

When he does interviews, all he talks about are his shots falling. He doesn't give a shit about his playmaking or defense.

The first quarter of game 7 was a travesty. 19 shots, 16 taken by Lowry or DeMar, two of the other three shots were putbacks off their misses.

That's not team basketball
                                The bolded should be in the Casey thread no?
                                And with regards to his interviews, what do you think the questions are about? Do you think he's being asked persistently about his defense and playmaking? C'mon man, interviews are driven by the journalist.

And I guess my question to you would be, how many posts, and stats, and revelations have you posted in the Biyombo thread, or the Patterson thread, or the Carroll thread showcasing their amazing play? Because you manage to dig up some wildly interesting stuff, and if you took that energy and put it toward the positive areas that we are seeing, it would amazing! Not to say your contributions to the Demar discussion haven't warranted some valid conversation, but man ... its gets tiring doesn't it? Lol
                                Last edited by Joey; Mon May 16, 2016, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X