X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man y'all are relentless (both sides!) lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      The bolded should be in the Casey thread no?
      And with regards to his interviews, what do you think the questions are about? Do you think he's being asked persistently about his defense and playmaking? C'mon man, interviews are driven by the journalist.

And I guess my question to you would be, how many posts, and stats, and revelations have you posted in the Biyombo thread, or the Patterson thread, or the Carroll thread showcasing their amazing play? Because you manage to dig up some wildly interesting stuff, and if you took that energy and put it toward the positive areas that we are seeing, it would amazing! Not to say your contributions to the Demar discussion haven't warranted some valid conversation, but man ... its gets tiring doesn't it? Lol
      During the season, from time to time I did post that kinda stuff. This thread is the only place it ever gained traction. Most of the time, if I post stuff in other threads, it gets maybe one or two replies than is ignored.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        During the season, from time to time I did post that kinda stuff. This thread is the only place it ever gained traction. Most of the time, if I post stuff in other threads, it gets maybe one or two replies than is ignored.
        Fair enough .. anyway, was just trying to steer the conversation away from what has been a pretty consistent battle with no end in sight, and maybe find some common ground between both sides .. perhaps its truly not possible though. Lol

Comment

Fair enough .. anyway, was just trying to steer the conversation away from has been a pretty consistent battle with no end in sight, and maybe find some common ground between both sides .. perhaps its truly not possible though. Lol
          I think there's plenty of topics where you and I could find common ground.

DeMar just might not be one of them.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            I think there's plenty of topics where you and I could find common ground.

DeMar just might not be one of them.
            Oh for sure, but I wasn't trying to just single you, or anyone else out - I'm more talking just in the general sense of the conversation, that I felt there was common ground to be had, and people just weren't seeing it.. I think I even got Christian to agree with my point, which was generally pretty open of Demars crappiness. Lol

Comment

The difference in my eyes, is that some people want to focus on the negative (not necessarily saying you though), and some want to focus on the positive. special1 and Christian are focusing on the positive, clearly, but by their own admission Demar has only had a handful of good-ish game this off-season. They just choose to focus on those good bits, but I don't think either has said that Demar has been great, or even good, through-out the entirety of the off-season.
              This is a good point, it's just a bit too fair and level headed for this thread

We want opinions! Dig the trenches! Make RR great again!
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I've seen all of your stats... but ok, nevermind.. not sure why I thought I could even find some common ground. Lol
                The problem with finding 'common ground' is that too many posts are simply telling anyone who criticizes Demar to "not comment", which isn't exactly much of a common ground.

Demar's free agency is the biggest question looming over this franchise. It's a $20-$25M decision. Demar has been bad these playoffs. He has had a couple of good/average stretches/games but has largely been bad; is that production worth $20M?

When Demar started playing better (think it was about 5 games into the season), many people said that they were going to withhold judgement on Demar until the playoffs. Well it's the playoffs, the results haven't been pretty, and now people keep trying to tell us not to judge him on it.

When Demar was at his best this year, he was Demar the facilitator. We haven't seen the facilitator these playoffs. When Demar was at his worst in previous seasons, he was Demar the high volume chucker who didn't pass or play defence; we've seen plenty of that (Game 7 included). I have a $20M issue with that.

I love that the team is winning games. I can enjoy that very easily while voicing concerns over the big picture. The big picture is Demar's future with this team, and while the decision isn't until July 1 (officially), the evidence that will determine that decision is now. I don't have the time to record and rewatch all these games in June to make my assessments, so I will do it in real time which means now.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  The problem with finding 'common ground' is that too many posts are simply telling anyone who criticizes Demar to "not comment", which isn't exactly much of a common ground.

Demar's free agency is the biggest question looming over this franchise. It's a $20-$25M decision. Demar has been bad these playoffs. He has had a couple of good/average stretches/games but has largely been bad; is that production worth $20M?

When Demar started playing better (think it was about 5 games into the season), many people said that they were going to withhold judgement on Demar until the playoffs. Well it's the playoffs, the results haven't been pretty, and now people keep trying to tell us not to judge him on it.

When Demar was at his best this year, he was Demar the facilitator. We haven't seen the facilitator these playoffs. When Demar was at his worst in previous seasons, he was Demar the high volume chucker who didn't pass or play defence; we've seen plenty of that (Game 7 included). I have a $20M issue with that.

I love that the team is winning games. I can enjoy that very easily while voicing concerns over the big picture. The big picture is Demar's future with this team, and while the decision isn't until July 1 (officially), the evidence that will determine that decision is now. I don't have the time to record and rewatch all these games in June to make my assessments, so I will do it in real time which means now.
                  It's not even going 20m. It's going to be 25m per at the very least, which would make it one of the worst contracts in the league.

Brb I need to barf.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    It's not even going 20m. It's going to be 25m per at the very least, which would make it one of the worst contracts in the league.

Brb I need to barf.
                    I was trying to factor in the "discount" that many Demar supporters believe he'll take. It's really a $20-$30M decision.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Who fills that position.

Thats all that matters really.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        Who fills that position.

Position, scoring void, and salary are all separate things to fill.

There isn't a single answer.

Comment

Who fills that position.

Somebody else who is closer to helping make it a good investment.

I would be all in on giving DeMar a $25 million contract in which the amount he made was tied to his performance in different categories. I know it's never going to happen, but if DeMar could somehow be induced to go back to his play of earlier in the season when he was passing, getting assists, corralling rebounds, staying in front of his mad...that would be exciting.

Comment

The difference in my eyes, is that some people want to focus on the negative (not necessarily saying you though), and some want to focus on the positive. special1 and Christian are focusing on the positive, clearly, but by their own admission Demar has only had a handful of good-ish game this off-season. They just choose to focus on those good bits, but I don't think either has said that Demar has been great, or even good, through-out the entirety of the off-season.
                            I agree on looking at things in its entirety. DanH presents powerful points re inefficiencies. I really would like DD to up his defensive effort. I think if he contributed a little more defensively the offensive inconsistencies would be less of a concern. Ultimately MLSE is going to max him out this summer. KD is not leaving OKC and Batum though cheaper not an upgrade. Norman Powell not quite ready to become a starter. We are in essence married to DD so let's encourage him and be positive.

Comment

Who fills that position.

Anyone who thought it would be Norm got smacked back to reality when the Heat neutralized his offense and exposed him on defense by locking Wade and JJ on him. I like Norm, I like his game, and I'm really happy he's here but the starting SG of the Raptors he is not right now. Not all the time at least. One thing they could do is address the potential void on draft night.

One idea is Buddy Hield if they feel he's the real deal.

One idea is to trade back in the draft, attempting to land a guy like TJ Warren in a swap and then also draft Denzel Valentine.

One idea no one is going to like to think about is maybe Ujiri gives Ross a promotion. LOL

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                I agree on looking at things in its entirety. DanH presents powerful points re inefficiencies. I really would like DD to up his defensive effort. I think if he contributed a little more defensively the offensive inconsistencies would be less of a concern. Ultimately MLSE is going to max him out this summer. KD is not leaving OKC and Batum though cheaper not an upgrade. Norman Powell not quite ready to become a starter. We are in essence married to DD so let's encourage him and be positive.
                                +1 people worry too much about stuff they can't control. I personally think on D he did his job. He was chasing Deng off the 3 point line. Where he shot 51.3% against Charlotte. Against the raptors(with DD as his main defender) he shot 22.2% from 3. He also shot 35.8 from the field, compared to 54.1% against Charlotte.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X