Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Haha, high volume guard scoring without a legit 3 pt shot. DeMar is such a blast from the past, nobody else does this anymore. All the more kudos to him for grinding away and getting his game to this level.
    It's kind of refreshing actually. NBA's gotten more homogenous over these past 7 years with the way the game's changed. Great to see some throwback playstyles.

Comment

• 1st team guards: Westbrook, Harden (obviously)
      2nd team guards: Thomas, Derozan
      3rd team guards: Curry, Wall

Westbrook and Harden are 1 and 2—not necessarily in that order—but definitely 1 and 2, and while I think IT and Demar have been the 3rd and 4th best this season, I don't think I could disagree with Curry and Wall being selected to the 2nd team.

I do however, think these 6 have been a cut above the rest, with honourable mentions going out to Lowry, Kemba, Kyrie, Conley, and CP3.
      SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

Comment

Haha, high volume guard scoring without a legit 3 pt shot. DeMar is such a blast from the past, nobody else does this anymore. All the more kudos to him for grinding away and getting his game to this level.
        He's a unicorn in today's league

Comment

• #onanewlevel

Comment

• I don't know what the numbers say but DeMar's 3-ball looks a lot better than it used to.

PS - I know he hit 33% last season, I won that bet

Comment

• Just a couple of years ago, a lot of people here wanted this guy traded for a mid 1st round pick or for Gerald Henderson....make Ross the starting SG(because he's SO MUCH BETTER than DeRozan) and give Bruno rotational mins....lol. Thank god Masai is our GM. Whatever happened to all those people anyways?

Keep in mind, DeRozan was already an all-star player when people were saying those things.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Just a couple of years ago, a lot of people here wanted this guy traded for a mid 1st round pick or for Gerald Henderson....make Ross the starting SG(because he's SO MUCH BETTER than DeRozan) and give Bruno rotational mins....lol. Thank god Masai is our GM. Whatever happened to all those people anyways?

Keep in mind, DeRozan was already an all-star player when people were saying those things.
                To be fair nobody could predict that he'd get this much better in two years.

Comment

• DeMar has been playing like DeMichael DeJordan like he was at the beginning of the season.

It's pretty damn impressive just put up a bunch of 30+ and 40+ ppg nights...I love that he's in a really good groove to end the season but we better try to conserve him a little bit even though we're jocking for position. We also need some of that in the Playoffs. I really hope we can get him at least a single game off before our final game against CLE.

Comment

Just a couple of years ago, a lot of people here wanted this guy traded for a mid 1st round pick or for Gerald Henderson....make Ross the starting SG(because he's SO MUCH BETTER than DeRozan) and give Bruno rotational mins....lol. Thank god Masai is our GM. Whatever happened to all those people anyways?

Alright, I took your troll bait. The couple of guys (it was never "a lot") who had a preference for Henderson, as far as I bothered to read in summer 2015 in this thread, put Henderson + a mid first + a prospect like Vonleh on the table for DD.

What I failed to find in 2015 was TRex defending DeMar by predicting his progress to his current level of play, from a 20 ppg player on 41% shooting to a 27 ppg player on nearly 47% shooting. Maybe I just didn't see it and you can pull it up for us.

Keep in mind the summer of 2015 the Raptors had just gotten swept by the lower seeded Wizards in the first round of the playoffs and everybody in here was pissed.

DeMar is having a great, great year and resurrecting this is kind of pointless. If he was still needing 20 FGA to get 20 points on 40% shooting without playing defence, the DeBate would still be raging in here. Thank god he's still improving.
                    Last edited by S.R.; Sat Apr 1, 2017, 02:25 AM.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Alright, I took your troll bait. The couple of guys (it was never "a lot") who had a preference for Henderson, as far as I bothered to read in summer 2015 in this thread, put Henderson + a mid first + a prospect like Vonleh on the table for DD.

What I failed to find in 2015 was TRex defending DeMar by predicting his progress to his current level of play, from a 20 ppg player on 41% shooting to a 27 ppg player on nearly 47% shooting. Maybe I just didn't see it and you can pull it up for us.

Keep in mind the summer of 2015 the Raptors had just gotten swept by the lower seeded Wizards in the first round of the playoffs and everybody in here was pissed.

DeMar is having a great, great year and resurrecting this is kind of pointless. If he was still needing 20 FGA to get 20 points on 40% shooting without playing defence, the DeBate would still be raging in here. Thank god he's still improving.
                      Love this post lol

Comment

To be fair that year he was coming off a major (groin?) injury, and he was clearly not the same All-Star from the 2013-2014 season afterwards. That'd explain his poor productivity/drop-off from the year before. But yeah, this is all ancient history now and pointless to revisit except to (De)marvel at his unreal improvements since then.

Comment

• Yeah DD has been playing like a super star. Never ever thought he'd be this good. Just has this confidence about him and he's making great plays on both ends of the floor.

Hoping he can deliver like this in the playoffs. Can't see why not. He's been pretty consistent all year.

Comment

• Who would have thought derozan will become a true elite guard in the NBA. Everyone had their doubts but he proved a lot of us wrong. He just looks way more calm out there.

Comment

• Oh i've defended the guy since the very beginning. I remember everything. From "he'll never be an all-star" to "It was a fluke, no way he makes it again"......Well guys, he's a 3x all-star now, a starter this year. He's an Olympic Gold Medalist, he's an All NBA player. And he's still only 27 years old.

Remember what i said a couple of years ago that he has a great shot of making it to the HOF? and people responded that Lowry has a better chance? lol. I'm not hating on the guy but Lowry has no chance of making it to the HOF because of his age and he doesn't have the stats.

20,000 points and 4-5 more all star selections and DeRozan will be there.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Oh i've defended the guy since the very beginning. I remember everything. From "he'll never be an all-star" to "It was a fluke, no way he makes it again"......Well guys, he's a 3x all-star now, a starter this year. He's an Olympic Gold Medalist, he's an All NBA player. And he's still only 27 years old.

Remember what i said a couple of years ago that he has a great shot of making it to the HOF? and people responded that Lowry has a better chance? lol. I'm not hating on the guy but Lowry has no chance of making it to the HOF because of his age and he doesn't have the stats.

20,000 points and 4-5 more all star selections and DeRozan will be there.
                                Good enough to be the 6th man on most teams ....
                                It's true because I read it on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X