No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Hall of Fame.. looks like T-Mac just got in. Didn't think he deserved it because of his lack of playoff success, but congrats anyways.

Comment

• Congrats to T-Mac. More than deserving imo.

But let me get this straight - so Yao Ming is in the HOF and Chris Webber is not? huh.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
        To be fair that year he was coming off a major (groin?) injury, and he was clearly not the same All-Star from the 2013-2014 season afterwards. That'd explain his poor productivity/drop-off from the year before. But yeah, this is all ancient history now and pointless to revisit except to (De)marvel at his unreal improvements since then.
        He was better after the injury than before within that season, so it's probably not that (as was pointed out at the time).

His improvement is tremendous - all the more so because he was actually really flawed a few seasons ago and has made incredible improvements in his decision making and awareness.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Speaking of Hall of Fame.. looks like T-Mac just got in. Didn't think he deserved it because of his lack of playoff success, but congrats anyways.
          I never understood this. So HOF guys are supposed to secret members of the X-Men and can use their mental powers to project competence into their fellow teammates? Some great players just get surrounded with bad players. It's not like anyone can say "Incompetent management doesn't exist.

If you remember (or maybe you don't) free agency didn't used to exist. You got drafted by a team, you stayed with a team unless you got traded or quit. Alternatively if you quit and wanted to play with another team, they were forced to pay compensation to the team that owned your rights. With tight fisted NBA owners, you can imagine how often that happened. It wasn't until 1988 that free agency was allowed.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Congrats to T-Mac. More than deserving imo.

But let me get this straight - so Yao Ming is in the HOF and Chris Webber is not? huh.
            Seriously...personally I think CWebb had a way better career than TMac. Webber may have had a championship if he didn't have to try and go through Kobe and Shaq.

CWebb was good until the age of 32, meanwhile McGrady was shot by 29....

Scary thought when you think of the big contracts we're about to dull out to Lowry, Ibaka (who I'm convinced is no less than 31 himself) and PJ.

Comment

• Anyone know if Demar has Snapchat?
              Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Seriously...personally I think CWebb had a way better career than TMac. Webber may have had a championship if he didn't have to try and go through Kobe and Shaq.

CWebb was good until the age of 32, meanwhile McGrady was shot by 29....

Scary thought when you think of the big contracts we're about to dull out to Lowry, Ibaka (who I'm convinced is no less than 31 himself) and PJ.
                Agreed. Plus, he's a more IMPACTFUL player. He's one of the best PF of all time. CWebb revitalized the Bullets franchise and the Kings franchise. Tracy McGrady on the other hand, never won a playoff round in his career. I know he went to the NBA Finals with the Spurs in his last season, but that doesn't really count.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Random but I can still remember watching this vid over & over praying we'd draft DeRozan and almost lost my mind when we did. Of course ballislife vids are a ton of hype but just felt nostalgic and crazy how far he's come from year 1 when it looked like all he can do is catch a lob (not really but not far off lol)....

Respect to DeMar for being one of the very few raw (almost project) players that actually not only fulfilled his potential but arguably has surpassed it.

#PROVEEM
                  #HEIRCANADA

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Random but I can still remember watching this vid over & over praying we'd draft DeRozan and almost lost my mind when we did. Of course ballislife vids are a ton of hype but just felt nostalgic and crazy how far he's come from year 1 when it looked like all he can do is catch a lob (not really but not far off lol)....

Respect to DeMar for being one of the very few raw (almost project) players that actually not only fulfilled his potential but arguably has surpassed it.

#PROVEEM
                    #HEIRCANADA
                    Comparing what people were saying about him (and his potential) in the first page of this thread, and now, it's unbelievable the player he's become.

Comment

• Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
                      i told you hes the next kobe
                      While people were dissing, this man got it right in 2010
                      Abbas wrote:

Comment

• noname27 wrote: View Post
                        IMO i think he will be a superstar but its gonna take a while
                        Props to this guys
                        Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          DeMar will go as far as his work ethic takes him.
                          Thank god he had excellent work ethic
                          Abbas wrote:

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
                            I've said it before - and I will say it again - he is the next FRED JONES - a good athlete with a boat load of unrealized potential. He will never be a star in this league - at best a decent rotational player.

The Raptors need to start drafting great players - and stop drafting potential!!!!
                            Lol this made laugh
                            Abbas wrote:

Comment

• Deanialist wrote: View Post
                              All I know is that I can see the type of potential he has and it's big!!
                              This guy knows what he's talkin about!!
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Demar did something I never saw him do before against Orlando.

He kept shooting jump shots and getting them in!!

I think he can become a pretty descent 13-14 points and 4-5 rebounds a game type of player someday.

There are way too many fans out there that have way more loafty expecations for Derozan but I just don't see it.
                                I guess he met and exceeded our loafty expectations. lol

I like the idea of going back in history to see what was said then and how far the players have come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X