Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Wonder if this is reason enough for us to quit talking about DeRozan becoming a deep threat.
    Hard to read much into that quote. Is he saying that now he feels he needs to shoot it? That he doesn't need to "add it" from scratch, just get used to shooting it more often? Or that he has no interest in shooting 3s whatsoever so is practicing many 3s in the offseason because...

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Breaking down Deebo's offensive game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      We clearly need to run a lot more miscellaneous, Derozan is excellent at it.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Brandon Jennings?

... could we use him as back up point?

... is kobe trying to tell us something?

Comment

• It's just wild how quiet this thread has gotten, after having to be shut down in previous offseasons for all the fighting and noise.

Comment

• Deebo silenced all his critics

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Kobe chose to become a self-help guru for his post-basketball career apparently.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Deebo silenced all his critics

Yes, he started playing more like how his critics said he should play, instead of the way he used to play. It's astonishing how his critics stopped criticizing him after that.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yes, he started playing more like how his critics said he should play, instead of the way he used to play. It's astonishing how his critics stopped criticizing him after that.
                    Right cause critics like you always believe he would be this good. Get over yourself.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Right cause critics like you always believe he would be this good. Get over yourself.

I absolutely never believed he would be this good, because I didn't believe he would change his game the way he has. Of course, neither did many of his defenders at the time, who insisted his game as it was was perfectly fine and he didn't need to change it at all. He's proven me wrong, no doubt. He's also proven most of his supporters from years ago wrong, in an entirely different way of course. You won't see me crowing about DeRozan's improvement, but you will see those who "always believed in him" doing so in spite of their being just as wrong about his game as I was about his ability to change it.

He absolutely shut up his critics. As well as his fanboys who thought his game was fantastic the way it was. The silence is not driven by one side being proven wrong - everyone is happy (well, happier at least) with his performance now so there is nothing to talk about - neither to criticize too heavily nor to erroneously and illogically defend.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Watch your straw men now Dan😀

Comment

I absolutely never believed he would be this good, because I didn't believe he would change his game the way he has. Of course, neither did many of his defenders at the time, who insisted his game as it was was perfectly fine and he didn't need to change it at all. He's proven me wrong, no doubt. He's also proven most of his supporters from years ago wrong, in an entirely different way of course. You won't see me crowing about DeRozan's improvement, but you will see those who "always believed in him" doing so in spite of their being just as wrong about his game as I was about his ability to change it.

He absolutely shut up his critics. As well as his fanboys who thought his game was fantastic the way it was. The silence is not driven by one side being proven wrong - everyone is happy (well, happier at least) with his performance now so there is nothing to talk about - neither to criticize too heavily nor to erroneously and illogically defend.
                          I guess I can't relate. With his physical tools, reported insane work ethic and attitude. Him being this good isn't a surprise for me.

You say "change his game". How do you know that Deebo didn't always want to play this way. He just wasn't capable to do so at that point of his development. He just didn't have the handle, experience to do so. Luckily a guy like Masai had foresight to see this. Unlike many on this forum inclunding you. I understand though this is stuff that advanced stats can't show.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            It's just wild how quiet this thread has gotten, after having to be shut down in previous offseasons for all the fighting and noise.
                            mcHAPPY and snooch bailed or got banned. They made like 80% of the anti-DeRozan posts.

Comment

• Bahaha, who said "remember the arguments" and then who immediately resurrected one of the stalest arguments?

DeRozan backers always argued he was fine as he was, they argued directly against the criticisms at the time. None of them predicted "in 4 years his game will have improved in manners x, y, and z, therefore your criticisms are invalid." And no, the critics didn't argue for year-over-year improvement for several seasons, either. Nobody did. The arguments at the time were about DeRozan at the time. Nobody in this forum is any better at predicting the future 4 years from now than anybody else, regardless of who your favourite Raptor is.

FWIW if 28 year old DeRozan would have the exact same game as 24 year old DeRozan did but be paid $27m/year for it, this thread would still be on fire.

On a happy note - DeMar DeRozan gave us his #1 career highlight this past spring, putting the Bucks down for good on the road with this awesome shit:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

So now the new argument is that we were all proven wrong?? lol

Probably better to admit that YOU were proven wrong. Its much more honorable.

We believed that Demar would get MUCH better. We saw his work ethic, saw the improvement and we believed. We took A LOT of heat for defending Demar not because we thought he was a finished product, but because we knew he wasn't......

Demar didnt shut up his fans......He made us proud!

This isn't a "both sides" were wrong situation.....That's ridiculous and appears to be an effort to cloud RR history.

Using words like erroneously and illogically defend makes me laugh. Who are you talking about? Who did that?

Comment

Working...
                                X