• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    TRADE HIM!

TRADE HIM!

*jokes*
    I addressed this in the stickied cap thread, but to be clear, he got the 600k last season. It counts against the cap this season, but he only actually gets paid that 600k if he makes the all-star game again (assuming that's what the incentive was for).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i wish he was signed for longer actually

seeing what hayward and parsons got ... i think derozan is a step above them in the nba so he is going to get more when his contract is up

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
        i wish he was signed for longer actually

seeing what hayward and parsons got ... i think derozan is a step above them in the nba so he is going to get more when his contract is up
        Yep. That player option is baaaaad news. Bad timing too. One season later and it wouldn't matter - as it is, it coincides with the summer of 2016.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbfCRpTElFQ

Kobe. (Well, DeRozan)

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I addressed this in the stickied cap thread, but to be clear, he got the 600k last season. It counts against the cap this season, but he only actually gets paid that 600k if he makes the all-star game again (assuming that's what the incentive was for).
            Cap hits are the only thing that matters to this fan.

I don't pay the bills.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Yep. That player option is baaaaad news. Bad timing too. One season later and it wouldn't matter - as it is, it coincides with the summer of 2016.
              I've been saying that...

.....but then I get called a hater while being mocked for being against the extension when it was given but now wishing there was no player option...... so I've stopped.

Luckily you're here to point out the obvious though!

Comment

Cap hits are the only thing that matters to this fan.

I don't pay the bills.
                Cap hits matter, but so can actual pay (as that is what counts in terms of the apron, hard cap, sign and trade limitations, MLE type, etc).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I've been saying that...

.....but then I get called a hater while being mocked for being against the extension when it was given but now wishing there was no player option...... so I've stopped.

Nobody called you a hater. The problem was you were acting as if BC just chose to throw the PO in there. It's very likely that it was a sticking point in the contract for DeRozan's agent. Who knows, we might've had to pay him 11-12M per year to get him locked into 4 years with no PO.

The point is you don't know yet you act like you were at the negotiation table.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    Nobody called you a hater. The problem was you were acting as if BC just chose to throw the PO in there. It's very likely that it was a sticking point in the contract for DeRozan's agent. Who knows, we might've had to pay him 11-12M per year to get him locked into 4 years with no PO.

The point is you don't know yet you act like you were at the negotiation table.
                    Sorry dude.

I stopped reading after, "Nobody called you a hater."

That is so far from any sort of truth that even if your following points are legit I just can't get last that first fib.

Comment

Sorry dude.

I stopped reading after, "Nobody called you a hater."

That is so far from any sort of truth that even if your following points are legit I just can't get last that first fib.
                      Ok, here is the post where you stated that DD's deal was actually not great because of the PO:

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Actually...... scratch DeRozan is on a good contract.

Dollar wise it is very good.

But if we're going to use the benefit of hindsight to say he lived up to his potential, then we should use the benefit of hindsight to say it wasn't long enough.

Restricted free agency is suppose to provide the team with rights leverage.

The Tyreke Evans deal is often used as a measuring stick. Let me ask RR this: would you rather DD at 3 years and $9.5M with player option for year 4 (which is not going to be used) or 4 years and $11M?

I'd rather the 4 years at $11M..... with the benefit of hindsight, of course.
                      These are all the posts/comments made in response (either indirectly or by quote):

ball4life wrote: View Post
                      I think that's getting too specific into comparing contracts.

On the surface, DD's contract is good on the sense that it doesn't mess up the cap settings and it gives so much possibility moving forward. That's enough to frame DD as a player with a good contract.

With the way these new contracts are being signed, I think, if we were to trade DD (assuming he would leave after next year) I believe half the teams in this league I'll jump with great offers to snap him off us.

Raps
                      chico wrote: View Post
                      Haha, that's getting pretty desperate to retain some level of credibility for pissing all over BC for the DD signing. It was a great signing, but I want more, sheeesh.

If BC had signed him at $11M for 4 years, how much crazier would the RR bellyaching have been? For all we know, the player option may have been DD's agent's demand to sign that deal, or we could have lost him this year, or had to pay him much more. It was a great deal, period. Even with hindsight, asking for your cake after already eating it is a tad much.

Besides, over the long term, it could all be best for all. That contract gives the Raps another $1.5M to play with over the next 2 years, and by 2016/17, the Raps could be close enough to contender status that paying bigger $ for DD, and going over the cap to do so, could well be in the MLSE playbook. No big deal if he's worth it.
                      DanH wrote: View Post
                      The other issue with his current deal, is what he wants in the next one. If Ujiri is not happy with player options (hint: he ain't), he'll want either to deal DD or get him on an extension ASAP.

Now, his current extension limit is about 10-11M per year, extending into the 2017-18 season (assuming he opts out of his PO). If we wait a year, it becomes 11M per year, extending one year further. Anyone believe DD would accept that? Nope, me neither. So either we deal him soon (this year, before he becomes a rental and his value plummets), or we risk him walking in free agency (or re-signing for the max - not sure which is worse).

Now, if he had your proposed deal (11M per year, no PO), he would be locked into that 2016-17 season, we could wait until next year safely to extend him, then offer a two year extension for 12.3M annually. Much more likely he accepts that. Or if we have to wait for his final year (risky, as I noted), at least we could offer a 3 year extension for 12.7M per year.
                      torch19 wrote: View Post
                      Even when Colangelo gets something right, he still messes it up
                      Nobody called you a hater...

Comment

Ok, here is the post where you stated that DD's deal was actually not great because of the PO:

These are all the posts/comments made in response (either indirectly or by quote):

Nobody called you a hater...
                        Go scour other threads.

It is out there.

Comment

Go scour other threads.

It is out there.
                          mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          I've been saying that...

You need to chill man, nobody's out to get you on here.

Comment

You need to chill man, nobody's out to get you on here.
                            Who is upset?

I made a comment to DanH and you came in not only giving your opinion but providing past posts.

I'm sorry but it really does sound like there is at least one poster (routinely) out to get me.

Remember that chandler parsons pile on attempt you did? How'd that work out?

Comment

Who is upset?

I made a comment to DanH and you came in not only giving your opinion but providing past posts.

I'm sorry but it really does sound like there is at least one poster (routinely) out to get me.

Remember that chandler parsons pile on attempt you did? How'd that work out?
                              I'm not out to get you god dammit, I like debating with you because you're smart!

Comment

I'm not out to get you god dammit, I like debating with you because you're smart!
                                Well thank you.

Back atcha when you're not out to get me. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X